Your Junk Food Nemesis

I don't think I have had Junk food for 6 months. It normally isn't a major temptation albeit if I am on a bender I am known to come home and eat a family block of Cadbury Milk Chocolate lookaround.gif

Still, McDonalds, Burger king, Pizza Whatever....doesn't do it for me. KFC has some appeal but it would be once every three years.

And yet on Saturday my son Tom and I were driving out to our Bass location for a days fishing. On the way we have to pass a little town with one of the best bakeries in our state.....and they make one of the best examples of my kryptonite.

Tom shares the obsession and as we neared the town we both new the outcome.

"Four Steak and Kidney Pies please"

To me, there is nothing better than a home made and perfectly baked "Steak and Kidney Pie" I would do almost anything for the ultimate example.

What is your Junk Food nemesis? lol3.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In-n-out burger double double animal style protein style with raw onions added does it for me every time

Meat pies are not junk food. They are their own essential food group. Wish I could find a decent steak and kidney pie around my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree! It's hard to top a great meat pie!

As for the junk food that will lead to my demise - Lindt Balls.... I can't stop when I start....they all must go!

Meat pie is what I go straight too as well, tomato & Onion or bacon & cheese.

I don't like chunky pies either, prefer the smaller ground beef, sloppy I would say haha. Oh yeah, I like softer pastry too.

Meat pies are not junk food. They are their own essential food group. Wish I could find a decent steak and kidney pie around my way.

• Like 4

There is an organic market ( orange grove markets) in sydney that have the best egg and bacon rolls in the world. Everyone I tell thinks I exaggerate, until they try one. I have been going st least 30 times per year now for 7 years and they never disappoint. You have to queue for about 10 mins as they are so popular but i would wait for 3 times that if I had to. I am drooling thinking about it - have to wait till Sat though. I was chatting to the bloke that runs it one morning and his record is 1400 rolls in one day. That many people can't be wrong!

My wife doesn't share that opinion..............but I sure do!!

I'm a Krispy Kreme donut FIEND. I'm lucky enough not to live in a country where they sell the KK, but when I find myself in a country that does sell them, I'm known to spend up to half a day waiting for that "Hot Now" light to go on....

Also they have these rolls in my country called saucijzenbroodjes. I think they're called sausage rolls in the UK/Aus (saw Gordon Ramsey inhale one on Master Chef once). They consist of minced meat in a puff pastry roll and you can always wake me up for a freshly baked crispy one. For some reason the ones they sell at the train stations taste the best to me..

• Like 1

There is an organic market ( orange grove markets) in sydney that have the best egg and bacon rolls in the world. Everyone I tell thinks I exaggerate, until they try one. I have been going st least 30 times per year now for 7 years and they never disappoint. You have to queue for about 10 mins as they are so popular but i would wait for 3 times that if I had to. I am drooling thinking about it - have to wait till Sat though. I was chatting to the bloke that runs it one morning and his record is 1400 rolls in one day. That many people can't be wrong!

You talking about Bowen's? Bloody good bacon and egg rolls!!

The Cornish pasties at Orange Grove are pretty good too.

In-n-out double double burgers and fries get me everytime. Also, jalapeño poppers from just about anywhere always get me. Oh, and Popeye's Louisiana style fried chicken. So good.... Hmm, I think I'll go get some chicken right now. ?

Jamaican beef patties tossed in the nuker are one of my faves, and I had to quit buying the 1kg bags of real fruit gummies as I'd down an entire bag and feel like hell for hours after, then do it again at the next available opportunity

Whenever I am in L.A., I fall victim to the aptly-named FatBurger. You can wring it out and reduce the weight by half! But it gets me every time; fortunately, I am not in L.A. much anymore....

ICE CREAM!!!!!!! Which I do have to treat like drugs. I never buy any amount bigger than one of those 3.06 oz. servings of Edy's, Blue Bell, etc. IF I was to get anything larger it would be just like Richard Pryor talking about trying to put down the spoon and it kept jumping back in his hand. I would be, "Just ONE more scoop; just ONE more scoop; just ONE more scoop!" until it was all gone. I'd hurt myself. Not to mention being on the next episode of "My 600lb life" lifepreserver.gifthumbsdwn.gif

Ahhhh junk food. I try to shy away but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Theres a restaurant in Belfast called le coop. It makes amazing southern fried chicken wings, they baste them in buttermilk and then the coating. By dear god they are good.

They also do a mean buffalo wing.

Wings have to be my favourite junk food of all!