Cohiba Robustos Supremos EL 2014

$550? Really? The 1966 wasn't even close to that price at original release, until now..

In guessing that with the bhk56 being around $45 at cheapest in Asia pacific, in that same region the cigar would be similar, probably more considering the brand, new band, sheer weight of Cohiba level tobacco.

Scaling up the price to other regions is scary :S

I hope this didnt go near to breaking any pricing rules, I tried to be as careful as possible!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way to change it is not buy, if it's a ten count box, singles still add up. It might be a great tasting cigars but the size is just too big for me to enjoy, it's like drinking champagne out o

I'd rather duck tape 5 RASS together and smoke them like a glorious pan flute!!!

My guess is somewhere between $350-400. Some have already touched upon this, but even if the cigar doesn't blow your skirt up then it could still be a good idea to buy a couple of boxes as an investment.

I think they were 250 Frank. Just check the YUL cigar list. Price has not changed.

I bought a box in Havana when they came out and they were 241 CUC.

• Like 1

When RyJ came out with the Wide Chruchill I said

"A 55rg Habano!? Its gonna be awful!" But I bought one to try. Then I bought boxes

Then, when Cohiba released the BHK 56 I saud

"There is no way they can replicate that Cohiba quality in a cigar that big!" But I was gifted one for my birthday. Then I bought a box for special occasions

Now I see Cohiba have jumped to 58rg for an EL and I say

"I'll try one when it comes out and judge the decision then"

I'll smoke one and if its good and the price isnt outrageous, I'll buy a box or two

• Like 2

$550? Really? The 1966 wasn't even close to that price at original release, until now..

Keep in mind that was then...this is now. And now I see the Connie A priced pretty high IMO and the new punch LE isn't exactly a steal. Those are not the flagship brand of HSA! Popular brands? Sure...but not THE brand. Based on the prices I've seen in the last few years and specifically this year so far, it won't shock me to see them higher than the BHK 56s. Matter of the fact the only reason they 'might' be lower is the length isn't quite as long as many of the past releases. In any event its only a guess since HSA does what they want and I won't be buying any of these anyway.

• Like 1

ssooooo, has anyone actually tried one yet? LOL

talked to two people from the festival dinner so far

-One said it was way too early to judge, even for the wheelhouse

-Other said that it was too fresh with too high of a grassy overtone and quite strong.

Agreement is to wait a bit as it's still waaaaaay too early.

But then again, I personally find Cohibas to be smokable within the first month (Not smokable within 1m - 12m. And not worth smoking until at least over 36m). So different smokes for different folks. And different methods of smoking... you and I probably would've had much different experiences than most people there, anyways.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

For those keeping score at home, this is the second time in the thread where supporters of fat cigars have made a connection between being manly and smoking a big ring gauge cigar.

C'mon you wussies, you want to be a real man, don't you?

Have you ever seen truck nuts?

...........Loving the truck, our lass keeps mine in a draw at home......pod.gif

I have yet to read ONE post, or even one sentence, written by one of the huge ring gauge lovers, about the merits and benefits of an inordinate ring gauge, in terms of taste.

What does it bring? Richness? Roundness? The taste of volado? Why is it better than the same blend in a 50 rg?

Not a word… most the posts are about the number of boxes they want to purchase, without having tested one…

Compare with the number of posts about the La Escepcion RE, the Bolivar Especial RE, or even the PL Montecarlo…

As I have read through the entire, thread, I didn't see anywhere where a member was stating that larger ring gauges were better than smaller ring gauge cigars or that a large ring gauge cigar has additional merits or benefits vs a smaller ring gauge cigar. I think that there are those individuals who find larger ring gauge cigars uncomfortable to smoke while others do not have any issue with opening wide for a larger 50+ ring gauge.

I think it ultimately comes down to personal choice. What seems enjoyable, tasty, relaxing and comfortable to one person, might be another's worst nightmare when it comes to a particular cigar. One style cigar whether large ring gauge or small ring gauge doesn't need to better than another as the benefit/merit/allure of a cigar can be completely subjective and 2 people could have the complete polar opposite opinions on the same cigar.

IIRC. 1966's come out at $325/box in Havana? Maybe $365 tops.

Are 1966s even still available in Havana through LCDHs? I was very fortunate to score 2 boxes from a Canadian source during a sale a couple of months ago for about 365 a box, but prices in the retail chain are much higher now. I think they are probably sold out at the distribution chain level by now?

was hoping for more of a toro, maybe even a fat toro. I saw it was a shorty at 55... but now at 58...? bummer.

I suspect I will be voting with my wallet on this. I like the occasional smoking of a large cigar - sublime, o'reilly, etc., but this will likely be too large for me to realistically expect to smoke with any regularity.

QC... some of your earlier posts were incredible!

I have yet to read ONE post, or even one sentence, written by one of the huge ring gauge lovers, about the merits and benefits of an inordinate ring gauge, in terms of taste.

What does it bring? Richness? Roundness? The taste of volado? Why is it better than the same blend in a 50 rg?

Not a word… most the posts are about the number of boxes they want to purchase, without having tested one…

Compare with the number of posts about the La Escepcion RE, the Bolivar Especial RE, or even the PL Montecarlo…

For new smokers particularly there's a significant advantage to a bigger ring gauge. There's a good chance that it will draw better, and it's less likely to overheat. I smoke very few robustos, but if you're a new smoker in my home, that's likely what I'll give you to smoke.

Side note. I was inspired to light a 1966 today by this thread. It's bloody lovely; rich, thick smoke, cocoa and vanilla on the palette and everything I would want in a cigar. If the 2014 LE is anything like this, I'd be glad to pay $400 for a box. I'd be doing a disservice to myself not to try one and see if it is this good...

because bigger is better duh!!!

ps. stop catfighting ladies coffee.gif

Yeah, I'll likely skip this one. I may try a single if a friend orders a box, but I won't go out of my way to do it and certainly won't order them myself. Most of the larger RG smokes I have just continue to sit while I smoke around them. I don't think it's a phallic thing so much as it is less comfortable and subsequently less enjoyable for me. 50RG tends to be my breaking point. I'm sure they will still sell like hotcakes as most ELs appear to do. To each their own.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis and Tapatalk.

To be honest I'm actually keen to try it and enjoy larger RG sticks, price doesn't worry me.

In fact I already ordered two boxes, one to smoke and one to put down.

Cohiba1966 is my all time favourite stick and one I regularly enjoy so can only echo others comments of hoping it comes off as good.

The Cohiba 2004 Sublime and the Gran Reserva are on my wish list if anyone has one I could beg, borrow, buy or steal :)