Cohiba Robustos Supremos EL 2014

While this may be one plausible outcome there are a number of things to consider. If each of these garbage launches is successful, it will spawn another and another. There will come a point where they will cut the minutos, perlas etc because data will indicate these ventures are more profitable. That's one, a second could be a scenario whereby demand is increased causing a reallocation of resources to the production of newer cigars a la the behike conundrum when it was launched. It was hard to find well rolled cohibas for awhile after that happened. Third, it can't be better than simply not purchasing these jawbreakers and buying more of what we love, you know, the habanos that have created the myth and legend that CCs are truly the best cigars in the world. The iconic cigars and respectable new releases that aim to please the palate, not elevate one's perceived status amongst himeself and his peers who don't know any better.

You can argue this a million different ways, and without the relevant production, revenue and cost data all they are is hypotherical opinions. We'll never get the data, so lets at least all agree to disagree; there are no absolute truths to be garnered here. I respect the right of any business to make decisions according to its own best interests at any given time, within the realms of the law and ethical behaviour. If that means giving up some customers to attract 'better ones' (i.e. those that spend more and complain less), then such is the way of the world. As a monopoly, Habanos isn't subject to market forces in the same way as non-monopoly businesses, but it underestimates them not to expect them to behave at least somewhat rationally. I think that's what we're seeing here.

What I would like to respond to is the use of ad hominem ("garbage") attacks on a release you probably have not had any experience of yet.There are also implied criticisms of other smokers ("perceived status...don't know any better") which I would urge you to reconsider. We're an embattled community in most of the Western world, and we need to be pulling together as cigar smokers, not dividing ourselves to score points against each other. I read here more than I post, but there's a certain tone creeping into threads that I'm not particularly fond of.

• Like 2

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way to change it is not buy, if it's a ten count box, singles still add up. It might be a great tasting cigars but the size is just too big for me to enjoy, it's like drinking champagne out o

I'd rather duck tape 5 RASS together and smoke them like a glorious pan flute!!!

These'll probably be around $18 CUC so I'm guessing around the $300 a box from vendors. Could be $250 range though. If I had more cash and storage space, I'd put away a couple boxes. Cohiba ELs usually only go up in value. With the 1966 virtually sold out, their value will probably go up to $600 a box easily within a couple years.

You can argue this a million different ways, and without the relevant production, revenue and cost data all they are is hypotherical opinions. We'll never get the data, so lets at least all agree to disagree; there are no absolute truths to be garnered here. I respect the right of any business to make decisions according to its own best interests at any given time, within the realms of the law and ethical behaviour. If that means giving up some customers to attract 'better ones' (i.e. those that spend more and complain less), then such is the way of the world. As a monopoly, Habanos isn't subject to market forces in the same way as non-monopoly businesses, but it underestimates them not to expect them to behave at least somewhat rationally. I think that's what we're seeing here.

What I would like to respond to is the use of ad hominem ("garbage") attacks on a release you probably have not had any experience of yet.There are also implied criticisms of other smokers ("perceived status...don't know any better") which I would urge you to reconsider. We're an embattled community in most of the Western world, and we need to be pulling together as cigar smokers, not dividing ourselves to score points against each other. I read here more than I post, but there's a certain tone creeping into threads that I'm not particularly fond of.

A million ways indeed, that is correct. Of course I've not had any experience with a cigar that has yet to be released but the reality is ring gauge affects enjoyment, smokability, etc whether you like to accept that or not. It is there. There is a reason why connoisseurs don't smoke gigantic ring gauge cigars and that is an argument in and of itself which I won't get in to. The bottom line is if I have to unhinge my jaw in order to be able to have the priviledge of smoking cigars similar to this, well that is a decision I'll gladly not make. As far as your utopian conceptualization of a united stance against the non-smoking world, how do you propose we do so and what would be the real world effects of such action (and how would they be different here, in this scenario of us being divided on 58rg cigars) I'm curious? I'm trying to genuinely understand the implications of such ornately worded rhetoric.

As far as your utopian conceptualization of a united stance against the non-smoking world, how do you propose we do so and what would be the real world effects of such action (and how would they be different here, in this scenario of us being divided on 58rg cigars) I'm curious? I'm trying to genuinely understand the implications of such ornately worded rhetoric.

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't disagree, variety being the spice of life and all that. What I'm saying is that we should behave as a community and not undermine, belittle and demean each other. If you regard that as utopian, then I feel for you.

When I started smoking cigars I never favoured a certain size over another, through experience I found that I do enjoy smaller cigars more. On a cigar forum like FOH I'll share my opinion because that's why we are here right? People like what they like, I don't force my opinions or preferences on others, and don't think any more or less of people if they have different ones. If you do prefer larger cigars your the lucky ones as right now is a sort of 'golden era', never has there been so much choice for lovers of a Cuban fatty.. When it comes to Habanos , I don't want them to cut or stop making any fat cigars, I just want them to stop cutting and bring back/introduce cigars for people like me who do prefer the medium/thinner cigars... then everyone's happy. wink2.gif

honestly though where else could Habanos SA have gone with this 2014 LE that hasn't been done before and separate themselves from the rest?

I imagine a box of 10 will probably be around $300 - $350 USD.. this RG is not my cup of tea but not gonna lie I will probably pick up a box.

I don't believe a product like this is marketed for existing customers, and thats why there's an overwhelming objection to a release like this on this board. While some will buy these... it's made to be a lot of sizzle with less steak and draw in new consumers. And not just any consumer, but the ones with deep pockets. I get it...

It's only one new release for 2014, not the only. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the PL Picadores No1. 2 of the proposed 6 new releases for the year are over 50, 1 of 3 from the LCDH releases, and 1 of 3 EL's... so it's difficult to paint Habanos as moving full tilt into monster RG vitolas. The 58RG CoRo allows them to market it as the largest cigar ever rolled by Habanos - WOW - that's all. And maybe, just maybe, it could spur innovation for a cigar tip that would allow this to be smoked and enjoyed lol =)

Well I for one will be voting on this with my wallet. I made the choice long ago not to buy the new large RG crap just because its new. If someone gives me one to try and it wows me I may consider a purchase. But I would be willing to guess that 95% of the cigars in my humi are less than a 48-50 RG. Maybe I will run some analysis on my inventory sheet once I get it updated to see. I know off the top of my head the only boxes I own over a 50 RG that I can think are the HURR, and a BHK 52.

I refuse to buy anything with a larger RG because it just doesn't appeal to me personally. I prefer the 38-46 RG range for most of my daily smokes and for longer herfs I tend to bring some 48-50 RG sticks. That is the flavor that I enjoy from my cigars. But someone must enjoy these monsters and as long as people do and HSA makes them for ya, enjoy! Smoke what ya like.

Just spitballing here.....

Since cigars have long been a staple at Bachelor Parties, maybe they are trying to corner the Bachelorette Party market!!!!

I think it should at least be called " The Monica"!!!

party.gifblonde.gif

rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

• Like 1

oooo me jaw hurts, ooo its so big, come on you lot, man up.

For those keeping score at home, this is the second time in the thread where supporters of fat cigars have made a connection between being manly and smoking a big ring gauge cigar.

C'mon you wussies, you want to be a real man, don't you?

Have you ever seen truck nuts?

post-4927-0-66588300-1393623238_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I am sure the price will jump up fast to 400 to 500 a box of 10(if that is what they are coming out in and sure they will so they can over price as 10 cigars at a 299 starting price seems easy to palate and seems to be there motto as late). In that price range a BTO box of CORU's makes much more sense. Though I am sucker and will surely buy at least one box before common sense tells me to buy a box of CORU or 56's.

Maybe to steer the conversation back a bit, anyone want to play the price guessing game?

With the huge success of the 1966, the new punch EL being the same price of an esplendidos, I'm going to throw out them being initially priced at least bhk 56 most likely more:

$50 US a stick from non-euro sources

£50 UK ish (and someone to say "wow, just wow" in a video a lot tongue.png )

I got dibs on $550 a box to start, then drops to $450 until they sell out.

Come on Diamond Dawg, it's all in good fun. Apologies to you and to anyone who didn't understand that I was trying to make a joke.

It's all in jest - I assume Steve's "man's cigar" comment was as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk