Cohiba Robustos Supremos EL 2014

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way to change it is not buy, if it's a ten count box, singles still add up. It might be a great tasting cigars but the size is just too big for me to enjoy, it's like drinking champagne out o

I'd rather duck tape 5 RASS together and smoke them like a glorious pan flute!!!

4j8f1s.jpg

That's hilarious! Is that the actual tubo it will come in? lol3.gif

In all seriousness, smoking a cigar that size would be like smoking a tree trunk...and probably a $40 tree trunk at that. It would almost be good to have one as a novelty, but not at the price I'm sure they well be asking for it.

Habanos caters to the majority and always will, simple business really.

Yes but I fail to see the relation with that cigar. The majority smokes Piedra, Quinteros and Monte 4.

High end cigars like that Cohiba are more profitable in value than in quantity and aim a non-discerning clientele…

I guess they would sell if they were rolled with toilet paper leaves…

Talked to the Oliva rep from our area a month ago. He said that 55-60rg are by far his biggest sellers. The shop we were talking in said the same thing. The majority that are voting with their wallets are voting for 55+. Oliva said this is US and from their small international representation, consistently correct.

I like the Oliva Nub in the torpedo format because I can still draw off a smaller rg even if the cigar is a 60rg. I am not happy wrapping my mouth over a 60rg to draw off a cigar. Maybe there is a compromise somewhere in there.

Well with an 8% increase in revenues and an EL program that has been knocking it out of the park the last few years, seems like they are doing a pretty good job like the choices or not, unfortunately you cannot please everyone all the time. Its getting quite boring listening to the people complain on a daily basis about sizes, ring gauges, brands and how much better they think they could run things and how anyone who enjoys these cigars is any less knowledgeable, experienced, and less of a cigar connoisseur then the people "in the know" about which brands and sizes are actually good lol.

people are entitled to their opinions. kind of hypocritical to tell the complainers that what they say is "boring" while others go on and on about how deep they will go on these.... nobody cares how many a person plans on buying, nobody cares how many a person has, but people tend to care what a person likes or dislikes about a particular cigar...

• Like 1

1st off I think the RG is too Bu-coo, but please remember this is a Limited Edition. HSA is offering something very different here which is exactly what a LE cigar is supposed to be. Cohiba being the Flagship I thinks it's only fair that it's the marca that breaks new ground for HSA.. Cohiba has plenty other vitola's to choose from in there regular production cigars so why not?

lol actually not even close. Habanos caters to the majority and always will, simple business really.

On FoH I can't think of a release that has polarised opinion so fast and so strongly.

I don't think the majority of CC are Cohiba smokers though. Isn't it the RyJ tubos/cedros/MF, monte 4, partagas d4, piedras etc which would be the majority/biggest unit movers

nothing more manly than sticking a life sized phallic replica into their mouths and sucking, oooooh so manly!

can't help but envision that every time I see someone with a 56+ rg cigar LOL

"Life Size". - Speak for yourself kimosabee! I'll chime in on that when they release a 182 Ring Guage!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

We need to push this thread to US politics so that it will settle down a bitsneaky.gif!!

The simple fact is that this size of cigar is currently fashionable, selling well, and any business (even one as amateurishly run as Habanos) will produce more of what it can sell quickly, and at a higher margin. I don't have the same panic as others about a 58 rg, but neither is it my preference; I'll try one and have enjoyed the BHK 54 enough that if this has anything in common with it I might even grab a box as a collectible / trade bait.

For those of you that hate this for what it represents, think about the revenue that this release will provide rather than the tobacco that it will take away. A business in trouble cuts harder and faster on the lesser revenue streams than one that can afford a little largesse. These behemoths might save another perlas, minuto or corona from the 2015 deletions.

• Like 1

Well, my fave cigar is the RYJ Wide Churchill, so with that in mind I will be buying a box. Ring size doesn't bother me if it tastes good.

What you will find is that us larger folk (I'm not a little fella) are not shy about a 'wide' cigar. I mean what is the big deal?

oooo me jaw hurts, ooo its so big, come on you lot, man up.

mob.giffuel.gifgangup.gif

• Like 1

"Life Size". - Speak for yourself kimosabee! I'll chime in on that when they release a 182 Ring Guage!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Haha I didn't say my lifesized!

We need to push this thread to US politics so that it will settle down a bitsneaky.gif!!

The simple fact is that this size of cigar is currently fashionable, selling well, and any business (even one as amateurishly run as Habanos) will produce more of what it can sell quickly, and at a higher margin. I don't have the same panic as others about a 58 rg, but neither is it my preference; I'll try one and have enjoyed the BHK 54 enough that if this has anything in common with it I might even grab a box as a collectible / trade bait.

For those of you that hate this for what it represents, think about the revenue that this release will provide rather than the tobacco that it will take away. A business in trouble cuts harder and faster on the lesser revenue streams than one that can afford a little largesse. These behemoths might save another perlas, minuto or corona from the 2015 deletions.

While this may be one plausible outcome there are a number of things to consider. If each of these garbage launches is successful, it will spawn another and another. There will come a point where they will cut the minutos, perlas etc because data will indicate these ventures are more profitable. That's one, a second could be a scenario whereby demand is increased causing a reallocation of resources to the production of newer cigars a la the behike conundrum when it was launched. It was hard to find well rolled cohibas for awhile after that happened. Third, it can't be better than simply not purchasing these jawbreakers and buying more of what we love, you know, the habanos that have created the myth and legend that CCs are truly the best cigars in the world. The iconic cigars and respectable new releases that aim to please the palate, not elevate one's perceived status amongst himeself and his peers who don't know any better.