Cohiba Robusto or RASS

Very different cigars each with their own distinct differences.

If you're after smooth, rich honey and slightly more finesse then go for CORO.

If you're after good value full bodied tobacco with 'oomff' the RASS.

Personally I smoke both regularly...however choose RASS over CORO about 10 to 1 times.

Great cigars either way you go....both getting better with some age. The difference, I think, is a higher seco to ligero ratio in CORO... and vice versa.

Given a choice I would go CORO everyday. As rob suggested smooth, honey taste, I also get abit of a grassy hit.

The RASS is less finess and more of a basher all in sort of hit, I find it a more aggressive cigar.(my opinion)

Dollar wise you cant go past RASS put some years on the CORO though and you will not be disappointed.ok.gif

Some vendors offer 2 box deals where you will get 2 boxes of RASS for a cheaper price than one box of COROs. It is a no brainer for me as RASS is my favorite cigar in terms of flavor and value. All Cohiba are seriously overpriced and simply not worth spending my coin on. RASS all the way, one of the finest Cubans in the whole portfolio.

both are very good, but RASS smokes well after a short rest, CoRo needs age. My plan, since I have both, is to age the CoRos while I smoke the RASS. RASS is also a better value, but an aged CoRo beats an equally aged RASS, IMHO.

More probably, different ligero and VERY different seco…

Very good point. The raw product for the CORO is Vuelta Abajo sourced....though the RASS is likely raw product from anywhere but there.

I am 'in love' with the Cohiba Robusto.

However, I would suggest you pick up two singles of each, and sample for yourself, and then let us all know which way you decide to go!

While you are picking up two singles of each, maybe grab a couple JL2 and PSD4 to act as your control groups.