• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, GVan said:

Have to have some oral surgery tomorrow

Take care! All will be well

7 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

tuning my snowboard

Cool board, where will you be riding? 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bijan said:

Yeah it's great due to the infrared nature it is more effective for the same BTU output and operating costs are pretty low and no maintenance or refueling (my main gripe against propane). They have natural gas versions which are probably better but costs are much higher. If I were spending more money I'd probably get one or two 240v versions and that would probably be just as good.

This is closer to what it actually looks like.

If you are somewhere where it's above freezing one 120v one like I have is almost certainly enough though.

20201209_020156_HDR.jpg

Oh it’s electric? Even better!

Just now, Lrabold89 said:

I noticed that you cut off quite a bit of your torpedos...do you prefer them that way? Lookin like some nice cigars there !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

From a draw perspective I do. I usually cut them right there and the draw is always good (sometimes snug, sometimes looser, but always acceptable). If I cut them lower, I like how it looks but the draw is sometimes tight, and my cutter is not very good and cutting again a little higher often unravels/damages the wrapper a bit. Probably should just invest in a better cutter :)

Similarly I generally use the largest punch I have available that fits on regular caps, 7mm on 30-33RG, 8mm 34-39, 9mm from 40-46, 12mm 47+ (though it's kind of a judgement call which one to use right at the border RGs like 39-40 and 46-47).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Thanks.

From a draw perspective I do. I usually cut them right there and the draw is always good (sometimes snug, sometimes looser, but always acceptable). If I cut them lower, I like how it looks but the draw is sometimes tight, and my cutter is not very good and cutting again a little higher often unravels/damages the wrapper a bit. Probably should just invest in a better cutter :)

Similarly I generally use the largest punch I have available that fits on regular caps, 7mm on 30-33RG, 8mm 34-39, 9mm from 40-46, 12mm 47+ (though it's kind of a judgement call which one to use right at the border RGs like 39-40 and 46-47).

I cut mine at an angle, for the same reason.  It gives me the surface area for a good draw, but also maintains most of the shape of the pyramid, at least on one side.  If I know I am going to be taking a picture of it, I cut the angle on the opposite side of the front of the band, so in the picture, the pyramid is intact, and the cut is mostly hidden from view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1