• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

15 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Contemplating more of these before the Habanos price increases are universal. 

what will 24:24 bring tonight?

about ten minutes we will know. 

this example is from late 19 and could use some time down. Still a tad muddled in the first third at least. 

60429D9C-5639-4BDC-8EFD-FCC6F06CDBED.jpeg

I really like P2's with some age on them they can round out into tremendous smokes and seem to have an above average performance with contruction and flavors. I have some 2005's from the original released batches and they are not as good to me as the 2008/09 vintages and later. To me its a cigar that got better and better over boxes from later years. Usually it seems the original releases are sometimes better than later versions, but doesn't seem the case with the P2 imho.

23 hours ago, lovethehaze said:

UEB SEP 17. PLPC.  Really has settled down and smoking good now. More coffee, twang slight earth and cream then Caramel now but hopefully that will creep in later 

A616CEC4-75EF-47F0-AE92-15C6949DD9FE.jpeg.91cfb6755509e89451d096988bb90e68.jpeg

I have set my '17 PLPC out of my mind for many months. Thanks for updating progress on these. 

• Like 2

I have set my '17 PLPC out of my mind for many months. Thanks for updating progress on these. 

I hadn’t smoked one in the same maybe 5-6 months. Last one was very harsh but this one smoothed out a lot. Was nice. Give one a try ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

With the recent deletion of the Sancho Panza Non Plus, in my view, the PLPC is just one of 5 premium marevas-sized Habanos cigars still in regular production (the others are the Bolivar Petit Coronas, Cohiba Siglo II, Montecristo No.4 and Rafael Gonzalez Petit Coronas. Do note that one could argue that the Bolivar Tubos No.2, Montecristo Petit Tubos, Romeo y Julieta Cedros de Luxe No.3 and Petit Coronas are in the premium class of marevas-sized Habanos cigars, but in my opinion they are not. Also, I think a little more time is needed to judge whether the Partagas Capitols and Romeo y Julieta Club Kings retro-themed additions to the regular production catalogue are of premium quality).

To pick your brain a little, I enjoy the spnp a lot along with aged PLPC as I consider them to be of medium (or a little under) bodied. I also enjoy the Siglo 2 and mc4 but I think they are a tad heavier. Which of the other marevas-sized cigars would you consider to be of a similar light-medium body that I could try? Young, if possible - I cannot afford to buy aged while I would like to have some inventory to smoke now

15 hours ago, Meklown said:

To pick your brain a little, I enjoy the spnp a lot along with aged PLPC as I consider them to be of medium (or a little under) bodied. I also enjoy the Siglo 2 and mc4 but I think they are a tad heavier. Which of the other marevas-sized cigars would you consider to be of a similar light-medium body that I could try? Young, if possible - I cannot afford to buy aged while I would like to have some inventory to smoke now

In a word, Rafael Gonzalez Petit Coronas, the mildest of all these cigars. If you've not tried it, you owe it to yourself to give it a go. (It's) An FoH forum favourite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JohnS said:

the PLPC is just one of 5 premium marevas-sized Habanos cigars still in regular production (the others are the Bolivar Petit Coronas, Cohiba Siglo II, Montecristo No.4 and Rafael Gonzalez Petit Coronas.

Well said John, you know that I'm a fan of the mareva to a point of annoyance. RGPC stuck out to me though. It is interesting (and I agree with you) that these have been put on a pedestal and increased in price so quickly. I'm on my last box and noticed the price of these is now ~160-180 USD. I was absolutely shocked. It seems like yesterday that RGPC were the under radar value box. Unfortunate. I never would have predicted that the RG marca would be the second most expensive on the the list of five that you provided in quote above. I'm curious where you rate non plus if it was still in production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1