• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

10 hours ago, Jonboy4074 said:

ULA AGO 14
Damn I wish I had another box of these gems.

dd5925c3de040380625f3287de0abab7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is that the royal or petit corona?  I've got a box of the petit corona's with that exact code.  PM me if you're interested in a trade.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Time to close the day with a nice beer and cigar perhaps? Drawing for 8 hours is intense. My new brand is called BullshirtCo. Thought you guys would like that. ???

FF3F77A6-3BDE-4047-A3D4-94225062D08E.thumb.jpeg.6ecf954e06335d0863cb25157c488261.jpeg

CB

Awseome....love the shirts very cool 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VRATJV07 said:

How was it? I also have 3 Esplendidos from that same box split and have yet to try one

I was weary jumping in this early, but with the colder temps looming, I figured I’d give it a shot before big cigar season ends. 

Opened up up with a bang, sweet milk honey is how I described it thru the first third. Very creamy also. Sweetness stayed but body increased as it smoked down. Of course your typical Cohiba grassiness came into the fold. It was really good and will become great I’m sure. Only complaint would be that I felt it was a little under filled. Nice open draw but it burned a little quicker than I would of liked. I will take this over too tight any day. I would say it burned just under 1.5 hours to near the nub. Otherwise, perfect burn and not even one touch up required. I will bury my other 2 for way down the road. Enjoy yours!

On 9/19/2019 at 7:06 AM, JohnS said:

638421613_2019-09-0816_34_58.jpg.3389104ecfe08db9a8397becea7b0061.jpg

Por Larrañaga Montecarlos LGR Ago 2018

Yes, I've had many Por Larranaga Montecarlos this year, and I've seemingly retired my glorious LGR Oct 2017 box, but I wonder if this LGR Ago 2018 box has 'turned a corner' today. At just past 12 months old, it wouldn't surprise me.

As you may be aware, these were initially more 'woody' from the box but today's sample didn't disappoint in terms of caramel. Where it surprised me was in the hint of nut and sour citrus tart essence or what we enthusiasts proverbially like to call 'Cuban twang'. This sprinkling of Cuban twang elevated an above average cigar, for me, to being outstanding. I now eagerly look forward to smoking another soon to see if I get the hint of nut and sour citrus 'Cuban twang' again like I did today.

Great to hear John, as I have a box of the same code/date!  Had one ROTT 3 weeks ago, which I never do, and it was amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1