• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Guest Nekhyludov
25 minutes ago, Eric E said:

Miss these. Along with so many others. ?

Is that snow?  You are a die hard. 

Yup, it's snow! But I was pretty toasty inside my smoking tent. I'm actually not very tough :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

The wrapper on this, in comparison to my other Por Larranaga Montecarlos box (....) was rustic, yellow/brown and non-descriptive, if you saw this in a Bricks and Mortar store you'd surely move on to the next box.

Funny you say that. When lookjng at that pic, before reading your post, I instantly thought to myself, what a nice wrapper on that Montecarlo John got there..., haha, monitor setting perhaps...:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

if you saw this in a Bricks and Mortar store you'd surely move on to the next box.

This is precisely why I don't put so much stock into the importance of wrapper appearance. If anything, I prefer to:

1. Inspect the foot. If the bunching is even, good. If there are tight spots and loose spots, I worry a bit.

2. Squeeze test. Consistent amount of give all the way up, good. Lumpy here and spongy there, with a rock at the band from bunching for the cap? I worry.

3. Smell test. If I open the box and the smell brings back memories or just plain gives me the fizz, great. Bland? I'll let em sit for 2 months and see if they just needed rest. A rested box that still smells bland is usually a bad sign, in my experience.

I think that construction and overall aroma are far better indicators of the quality of smoke a cigar will provide, than the aesthetic of the wrapper.

Edit: LGR 17 is La Corona (Same for TOS 16). The SCDLH and PL stuff coming out of La Corona in 16/17 just seems to be of great smoking quality, regardless of appearance. I've had a fair number of boxes of TOS 16 principes now. The wrapper shades/appearance have run the gamut. Construction and smoking pleasure have been consistently excellent. I had a box of TOS 16 montecarlos too, which were excellent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

09C0697D-D0AB-472F-82DE-39B934F02802.thumb.jpeg.5023df4b608f4311a7930a1677e2d14e.jpeg
If we have no clue what it is you are smoking/drinking, why post it up? I'm so curious haha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1