Min Ron Nee has passed away

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very sad day for me and I’m sure many others who knew him personally. I was given a copy of the Min Ron Nee book for my 21st birthday and pawing through those pages was a big part of what kicks

I hope MRN and Nino are herfing with a massive cigar in the big cigar sky. John

What can you say about such a person? Eccentric, private, generous to those he trusted, sometimes controversial.  In the world of Cuban cigars (without diminishing his other accomplishments}

18 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I look forward to that next life cigar and dinner with the good Dr, Nino, Ross, Chuck, Mike, Simon Chase. 

Beautiful Rob!

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

What can you say about such a person?

Eccentric, private, generous to those he trusted, sometimes controversial. 

In the world of Cuban cigars (without diminishing his other accomplishments}, he has left a legacy from which we all benefit. 

Personally, as the saying goes, "On the shoulders of giants." 

I look forward to that next life cigar and dinner with the good Dr, Nino, Ross, Chuck, Mike, Simon Chase. 

God I hope it's not vegan. 

RIP MRN :flower:

MRN was never a vegan and to comfort you he loved champagne horizontally and vertically all day long. 

Sorely missed 💐. Deepest condolences to his family & friends. 

• Thanks 1

Rest in peace. I will cherish my book forever. What a great contribution he made to the cigar community.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Lancero said:

The catalogue of his collection up for auction is absolutely mind boggling, some incredible bits in there.

Are there any details online about this?

5 hours ago, ldncigarsmoker said:

Are there any details online about this?

The PDF is floating around but I'm unsure if it's meant to be shared openly, it says at the top of it that it's not meant to be public so I don't want to be that person.

May he Rest In Peace and Deep Condolences to his wife and family. 

Thanks Alex for sharing stories about your time together with the good sir, as they're always enjoyable to read. I only had the pleasure of speaking briefly on the phone with him a decade ago and even those few minutes he imparted a lot of wisdom which he never minded to share. He will be missed.

• Like 1

Is there any info on the unreleased second edition of his book? Will it ever get produced? @ATGroom after what you have gone through with EHM I feel like you would be an excellent candidate to make this happen. 

Sad to hear about his passing. I very much enjoyed reading the late Nino's blogs/tails of visiting MRN and pictures of his collection.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

Is there any info on the unreleased second edition of his book? Will it ever get produced? @ATGroom after what you have gone through with EHM I feel like you would be an excellent candidate to make this happen. 

wrong time. 

I always wanted to get my hands on his book. Seems like he was an amazing guy and a character.

On 3/12/2024 at 12:19 PM, JohnnyO said:

I hope MRN and Nino are herfing with a massive cigar in the big cigar sky. John

I had the same thought when I saw the news. 2 incredibly influential figures in the cigar world.

RIP MRN