Min Ron Nee has passed away

7 hours ago, GP012 said:

I found the high quantities of en cello cigars - although not all machine made - to be interesting as well.

If you have smoked the machine mades before 2002 you'll know most of them were of extremely high quality and great values. I'm not surprised he owned and smoked a lot of them. 

8 hours ago, GP012 said:

There are so many special releases for London merchants - JJ Fox & Dunhill Seleccions/variants being the most common, but also Fribourg & Treyer, Geo. F Trumper, House of Rothschild... yet only the Fox Nectares No 2 and another ERDM Fox Selection in the auction.

I think most of the Dunhill, Davidoff and Fox cigars in the book he didn't own as he's using stock photos for most of them. Virtually everything with an original photo is from his personal collection. 

There were only a few super rare items in this auction like the two you mention, the Dunhill Atados & Estupendos and the Davidoff 80th. I could imagine the family perhaps wanting to sell the primary residence and these boxes were just what happened to be there. Seems like quite a few things he wouldn't have really been too attached to like the ERs and ELs never made it to deep storage which would make sense. 

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very sad day for me and I’m sure many others who knew him personally. I was given a copy of the Min Ron Nee book for my 21st birthday and pawing through those pages was a big part of what kicks

I hope MRN and Nino are herfing with a massive cigar in the big cigar sky. John

What can you say about such a person? Eccentric, private, generous to those he trusted, sometimes controversial.  In the world of Cuban cigars (without diminishing his other accomplishments}

Very sorry to hear this, rest in peace MRN.