We need more women in FOH land

Does Shakira smoke cigars?  She gets my nod for MOY if she joins 😜

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Ana De Armas is of Cuban descent. Maybe she can be the face of Ninfas? I, of course, would have to show her around Australia - totally free of charge. Oh, the sacrifices I make for you guys.  😍

Someone has to do it. How kind of you, Bill! 😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ha_banos said:

You lot remind me of this lot!

Kudos point if you're old enough and remember this old British series. More if your not from the UK! lol

Before my time, but we got reruns here when I was growing up.

• Like 1

As small as the world percentage is of us male cigar enthusiasts, I am sure women are but a miniscule percentage of that. What are these percentages? Who knows, as I am sure not many are interested in the statistics. Remember the RyJ cigars specifically marketed toward women? What happened to those? Did HSA just decide to fizzle them out? 

3 hours ago, SCgarman said:

As small as the world percentage is of us male cigar enthusiasts, I am sure women are but a miniscule percentage of that. What are these percentages? Who knows, as I am sure not many are interested in the statistics. Remember the RyJ cigars specifically marketed toward women? What happened to those? Did HSA just decide to fizzle them out? 

There is a vibrant women cigar community! 

The HSA experiment failed because no woman likes being told by a bloke what they should smoke/do. I remember the R&J's release and the scorn that was directed at it by my cigar loving female friends. HSA got what it deserved.  :lol3:

In terms of online cigar community interaction........for those that actually need me to say it.......lean in close and I will whisper it......."most women communicate very differently to men". ;)

Go to a cigar event with food and music and they are in their element and come out in droves. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 9:47 PM, JohnS said:

@ha_banos, I'm born in 1972 so I remember that show very well through the re-runs, yeah. If there's one show that would highlight your point even more, in Australia, the Benny Hill Show was full of comedic moments done at women's expense that would be hard to imagine nowadays! (I.e. all those Keystone Cops chases to close the show, for example.)

Mind your language, Till death do us part, love thy neighbour, carry on. There's plenty to choose from!

4 minutes ago, ha_banos said:

Mind your language, Till death do us part, love thy neighbour, carry on. There's plenty to choose from!

Alf Garnet is the UK today. A hateful backward, bitter little island

• Sad 1

On 3/8/2024 at 11:12 PM, ha_banos said:

You lot remind me of this lot!

Kudos points if you're old enough and remember this old British series. More if your not from the UK! lol

I remember The Goodies growing up here I'm the States. Which show was this one?

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Here I am you wonderful guys! Since 2011 I have been a yackity yack smoking contributor with FOH friends all over the world.

And just for the record, the ones that run the daily 24/24 are F’s. And the ones that run the way cool cigar joint in Gibraltar are F’s. 

Since starting to collect I refuse to care about gender. I only care if you are a knowledgeable, fun cigar companion.

CB

I was actually thinking of you when I posted this. Hugs to you CB 🤗 An FOH superstar!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Here I am you wonderful guys! Since 2011 I have been a yackity yack smoking contributor with FOH friends all over the world.

And just for the record, the ones that run the daily 24/24 are F’s. And the ones that run the way cool cigar joint in Gibraltar are F’s. 

Since starting to collect I refuse to care about gender. I only care if you are a knowledgeable, fun cigar companion.

CB

We love you cb. Always have

• Like 3

With these new prices it’s kinda hard to reel anyone in, let alone women. Although I think I’m in the middle of converting a female acquaintance into a cigar lover. She smoked 3 NCs so far and last time we talked she wanted to buy a cigar from me for her upcoming trip. Yes you can “buy” a cigar from me. If there’s one thing that the cigar community taught me is to be a gentleman. Of the cigars that are at 62% at the moment I’m thinking about giving her are a HdM PR -17 and a ERdM CS but I’m a little hesitant since the CS is from the beginning of -23. I’m worried it’s a little too fresh. What do you guys think?