It's a miracle ....Habanos Celebrates Soaring Cigar Sales

:rotfl:

https://www.vietnamplus.vn/thuong-hieu-xi-ga-cohiba-ky-niem-55-nam-ra-doi-voi-doanh-so-tang-vot/815808.vnp

Cohiba cigar brand celebrates 55 years with soaring sales

Habanos SA celebrated the 55th anniversary of the Cohiba cigar brand with strong growth in sales and number of distribution points, despite the global economic crisis.

According to the Vietnam News Agency correspondent in Havana, the Spanish-Cuban tobacco company Habanos SA celebrated the 55th anniversary of the Cohiba cigar brand with strong growth in sales and number of distribution points, despite the crisis. global economy.

Habanos SA figures show that in the past year, the company has achieved sales of $ 568 million, up 15% from the previous year.

[Video] 200 manual steps to create a Cuban cigar

According to Habanos' Vice President of Development, SA José María López Inchaurbe, the company's main markets in 2021 are China and Spain.

Europe is the main distribution area of Habanos SA (59%), followed by the Asia-Pacific region (16%), the Americas (14%), Africa and the Middle East (11%).

Meanwhile, Habanos SA's Vice President of Commercial Affairs Leopoldo Cintra González emphasized that despite the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the company's sales still grew thanks to timely adapting to changes in the market. new consumption habits of customers.

In the past year, Habanos SA has continuously opened more specialized distribution points and exported 38 new products.

The El Laguito factory in Cuba's capital Havana, where Habanos SA handcrafted products under the company's main brand, is expected to hit the 2 million cigar mark this year.

The US is not among Habanos SA's markets due to the embargoes that Washington unilaterally imposed against Cuba over the past six decades.

Habanos SA markets its 27 brands of cigars globally, all of which are handcrafted, including Cohiba , Montecristo, Partagás, Romeo y Julieta and many more.

Founded in 1994, the company is present in 150 countries on 5 continents.

• Haha 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still find these topics on HSA's sales tactics to be really confusing.       If Macallan whisky decide to slap a 'super duper rare' sticker on bottle of 20yr old Whisky and it sells for 100's of 1000s

Wow, record sales with 40% production. This will be studied in business schools for centuries.

Ah yes, the Vietnam News Agency Correspondent in Havana, the most trustworthy news source.

Sales as a percentage of production, is probably pretty high though 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vladdraq said:

Ok, now i'm confused. The Cohiba pictured in the article doesn't have "premier" written on the band. Can't believe that's a fake too.

Agreed--hopefully some folks can visit their local outlets and figure this out for us.

7 hours ago, vladdraq said:

Ok, now i'm confused. The Cohiba pictured in the article doesn't have "premier" written on the band. Can't believe that's a fake too. 

Only the 5-boxes released by Phoenicia have the "premier". I don't believe the 2-pack sets given out at the launches have it nor will the actual HSA releases. 

• Like 2

Habanos SA figures show that in the past year, the company has achieved sales of $ 568 million, up 15% from the previous year.

Well, if you sold the exact same quantity last year as you did the year previous, but increased the price by 15%, then technically you have increased $ sales. So HSA may not be lying this time! :rotfl:

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:44 AM, JohnS said:

Soaring Cigar Sales? So that explains why the duty free section of both Doha (Qatar) and Athens Airport were 100% completely empty of any Habanos product on my flight to Greece at the beginning of the month! 😆

You got to be at the Duty Free on the right hour or it's all gone.  Mr. Rich Guy from China buys the whole duty free in a single purchase.

14 hours ago, 99call said:

Still find these topics on HSA's sales tactics to be really confusing.       If Macallan whisky decide to slap a 'super duper rare' sticker on bottle of 20yr old Whisky and it sells for 100's of 1000s many on this forum who have a positive inclination toward capitalist ideals would stand back in the genius glowing sun of 'the market has its way'.  and applaud the guts and guile of the marketing team of Macallan.........yet if HSA do it.......it's bullshit???  this just makes no sense to me. 

To clarify.  I personally think its all bullshit. 

I feel sorry for the farmers, the workers,  I feel sorry for distributors getting squeezed by prices, and I think the fake bullshit based on rarity, demeans everyone that gets involved in it. 

But can we please get a bit of perspective.    HSA are involving themselves in pathetic, greedy, shortsighted sales techniques largely developed by luxury goods brands in the 1st world.      is it as craven and laughable yes! does it alienate their market yes.............did they invent it........no

I agree with your point 100%. It’s not the strategy that’s bullshit, it’s the hypocrisy of the Cuban regime that’s bullshit. Anti capitalist until the need capitalism to bail them out.