How is your lazy Sunday shaping up?

Work this morning along with a couple long conference calls to clients. Just watched Chiefs play Ken's Washington Commando's and now smoking N3 from previous batch. Tomorrow going to get more work done in the AM so not buried Monday morning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Beautiful walk...

Beautiful! I can have that view anytime living here in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA. About 3 or 4 miles from our new house to the sand and ocean 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kitchen said:

Late night smoking! 

Jalapeno harvest is looking nice this year, along with other peppers, and I am smoking them into chipotles.  I will probably  do this a couple more time before canning them in adobe sauce for the year.  

Looks awesome! Never tried to do peppers on my smoker

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Looks awesome! Never tried to do peppers on my smoker

First time for me too.  I have read it takes like 30 hours to fully dry them out.  I grew a lot of Jalapenos this year, and I am into old school preservation methods, so here we go.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RDB said:

After some strong coffee and a fortifying swim, I am driving across a chunk of rural Zambia with my kids. Engage 4WD and look out for the drift!

That sounds and looks amazing 

14 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Saturday, went to watch a young cousin play in a football final then back to his family residence to celebrate his brother's 18th b'day with, what we call, the Cousin Crew. Just a bunch of Irish gypsies living in the burbs. Ha ha! Great night with some top notch Penfolds reds and a barbecue with pork ribs, marinated chicken and lamb kofta skewers plus BBQ corn on the cob. Apparently there was salad. Ha ha! Watched the Tigers win in the AFL as the ladies and kids danced to 80's classics. Good night all round and no real hangover. Sunday, making a beef stew and watching more AFL while enjoying a Party PC and an iced coffee. Unfortunately, didn't win the lotto but got to be grateful that won the life lotto to grow up and live in a great country. Looks like my Tigers will probably play Brisbane in Brisbane on the weekend of my birthday if Collingwood beat Carlton today. Considering my birthday present be a flight up north to watch it live if I can make the finances work. Cheers.

Yellow and Black 💪

• Like 1

Agree 100%, no fine dining at all!

It brings back memories of days long past. Corn dogs, corn on the cob, funnel cakes, street tacos, shaved ice/snow cones. We did share a Diet Pepsi! 😂

• Like 4

Very grueling Sunday. Watching baseball, golf, maybe a little pre-season NFL, few dips in the pool, beer and maybe a margarita. Going to smoke/grill some chicken wings….been on a kick with lightly smoked crispy wings and different dips/sauces. Bed by 8pm. 

• Like 3

It is Car Week here on the Monterey Peninsula so a buddy and I are gonna cruise around and see if any of the Mclarens and Lamborghinis and whatnot are downtown or on Cannery Row. I'm gonna give him a PLPC and I'll smoke a 2019 Fundy to make up for that lackluster Vigia I smoked last night. Pics to follow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cgoodrich said:

A year ago my wife lost 3 siblings in a 3 month span, so this last year has been a long grieving process for her. The Western Idaho Fair started on Friday, and much to my surprise she thought it would be nice to go. We didn’t play any of the games, or go on any rides, but we dined on fine (😂) fair cuisine and walked the animal/agricultural/arts & crafts expo buildings. She found a pair of hand made silver and gemstone earrings she was immediately attracted too, which was surprising as she is very fickle about her jewelry tastes. She looked at me and said “I want these” and I said absolutely! Temp was high (97°F, 36°C), but found plenty of shaded areas. No cigars, but that didn’t matter today. Ate more than we should, but it was just a wonderful time talking and people watching. She was happier than I’ve seen in over a year.

I have been down that road losing multiple family members in a short time frame. Glad to see your wife getting out and enjoying the state fair. Animals can provide a great deal of comfort in trying times! Hope you brought some Alka Seltzer or Pepto! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KCCubano said:

I have been down that road losing multiple family members in a short time frame. Glad to see your wife getting out and enjoying the state fair. Animals can provide a great deal of comfort in trying times! Hope you brought some Alka Seltzer or Pepto! 

Surprisingly neither of us had any issues. I think a lot of walking, water, and spread out the eating over a 5hr period helped. Plus zero stress!

Wife registered her Volvo for Swedish Car Day at Larz Anderson Auto Museum.  The highest concentration of Swedish cars outside of Sweden is in MA.  There must've been 300 cars there!  That meant I was washing her car at 7:00 AM to get it ready.  It's in the 90's today, so by 11 AM we headed home due to the heat.  Didn't stop me from a going for a 25 mile bike ride that I just got home from.  Rest of the afternoon will be Champagne and finishing a Noella that I started smoking at the car show.

• Like 3