Old timers....you might as well smoke Vegueros.


Recommended Posts

Those new to the cigar world, particularly the CC world will hear old timers lament.

"I remember in the 80's and 90's that Cuban cigars were far fuller bodied"

"modern strains are nowhere near as good as those in the 80's"

"Everything today tastes generic, medium bodied and smokeable young"

 

The reality maybe that we are just getting old :D

The only tasting notes that we should be paying attention to are those who are aged below 4:cigar:

 

"Between the ages of 40 and 50, the number of taste buds decreases, and the rest begin to shrink, losing mass vital to their operation. After age 60, you may begin to lose the ability to distinguish the taste of sweet, salty, sour and bitter foods."

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

After age 60, you may begin to lose the ability to distinguish the taste of sweet, salty, sour and bitter foods

How dare you!  I may not be able to tell if my Fundadores has notes of Hazelnut vs Almond (I'm pretty sure I never could), but I can certainly taste those 4 basic flavors. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Do you grandpa.....do you?  :D

Memory and smell/taste are intertwined; it is partly through memory/association that we recall smell and taste. 

What I did find interesting is that one of the side affects of alzheimer's disease is the progressive loss of taste and smell. 

So you are saying that memory/taste/smell are the second thing to go?  :rolleyes:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Elpresidente Did the Miami Lusi have licorice? Yes or no. Now we can evaluate my 'buds...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, El Presidente said:

The only tasting notes that we should be paying attention to are those who are aged below 4:cigar:

I've got just over 6 months left. I better get smoking! :cigar:

18 hours ago, El Presidente said:

The reality maybe that we are just getting old :D

Already starting to feel old 🥲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Do you grandpa.....do you?  :D

Memory and smell/taste are intertwined; it is partly through memory/association that we recall smell and taste. 

What I did find interesting is that one of the side affects of alzheimer's disease is the progressive loss of taste and smell. 

You getting there too Rob😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, El Presidente said:

You should have been a lawyer!  

Chuck nailed it. ;)

Let's go back to Charles...:2thumbs:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

...the moral of the story is not to store your lusitania in empty  liquorice jars ;)

I knew there was a trick to this! So, long-term aging in empty laundry detergent boxes is probably not the way to go either?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today’s music sucks as well. Along with a whole bunch of other stuff I’m too old to remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.