Kimfessions: Cohiba Coronas Especiales and Speakeasy Cigar Lounge

Just now, JohnS said:

Fantastic review @Connoisseur Kim. Well done! 👍

Thanks, @JohnS! I felt glad that I finally reviewed CCE from Habana Mike's cigar gift yesterday. I also felt happy that I discovered a new tasty Scotch sherry single malt which has a pack of tasty sherry punch 😃

• Like 2

👏👏👏👏Great job, Kim. Wonderful informative review of a great cigar and a fine smoking lounge. Going out to enjoy a cigar? Great. Going out to enjoy a cigar and a drink with your mum and sister? Priceless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, joeypots said:

👏👏👏👏Great job, Kim. Wonderful informative review of a great cigar and a fine smoking lounge. Going out to enjoy a cigar? Great. Going out to enjoy a cigar and a drink with your mum and sister? Priceless.

Thanks @joeypots! I feel glad that now Korean cigar lounges resumed normal business hours. I also agree that enjoying cigar and drink with mum and sister is a memorable cigar review experience 😄:cigar:

5 hours ago, Ites said:

Thank you @Connoisseur Kim. Brilliant, descriptive and funny review. I especially enjoyed your rating system. I've always used 1-5 in my own notes but your scale is much more defined - excellent! 

Thanks @Ites! I used to use 0-100 for reviewing cigars, but I found 0-5 with detailed rating was better and less confusing. It's happy to hear my new rating scale is understandable and descriptive mate 😄😊

4 hours ago, Edicion said:

Fantastic review, great story, thoughtful words and beautiful pictures @Connoisseur Kim!

Thanks @Edicion! That cigar lounge was fantastic due to its 1920s speakeasy inspired theme and huge number of single malts collection. Along with Led Zeppelin, it's one of the places which I like to revisit in the future 😃👍

• Like 1

Great review @Connoisseur Kim ! Nice pics, too.

I had a business dinner this past Saturday evening that interfered with my plan to join you on Zoom. I look forward to your next Kimfessions. I will keep my calendar clear so we can enjoy a cigar and conversation together. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, targa88 said:

Great review @Connoisseur Kim, looks like an excellent location to partake for a stick and a dram.

Glenfarclas is definitely an underrated scotch (Oloroso cask, no colouring, non chill filtered + aged statement)

Thanks, @targa88! De La Mano is indeed a perfect place for those who enjoy CCs and single malts combo 😃.

I agree that Glenfarclas is a quality Scotch sherry cask single malt without colouring and chill filtering, which seems to be rare these days (I was shocked when I heard the Glendronach decided to use chill filtering for their single malts). I think it's a great alternative to The Macallan since Glenfarclas is also tasty and better priced than The Macallan 😄.

• Like 1

Great review!  I smoke one annually from the box I have, waiting for them to simmer down the bitterness.  5 down, 20 to go.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GaryK 54 said:

Great review @Connoisseur Kim ! Nice pics, too.

I had a business dinner this past Saturday evening that interfered with my plan to join you on Zoom. I look forward to your next Kimfessions. I will keep my calendar clear so we can enjoy a cigar and conversation together. 

Thanks, @GaryK 54! The pictures are taken with my sister's iPhone and I found the picture quality of iPhone is better than that of my Galaxy Note 8.

Hope that we can meet in the next Kimfessions Series soon as I'm a huge fan of having herfs 😃

7 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Great review!  I smoke one annually from the box I have, waiting for them to simmer down the bitterness.  5 down, 20 to go.

Thanks, @Chibearsv! That CCE tasted great but became bitter at the nubbing. Hope that the bitterness will be disappeared from your box as time goes by.

7 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Nice review. Appreciate the photos and more importantly the nod to Habana MIke. He left quite a legacy. 

Thanks, @Rhinoww! I also think Habana Mike left a valuable legacy to us. I still remember the days of having a Zoom herf with him while I was reviewing Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios in 2020.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Goodfortune said:

Enjoyed the review @Connoisseur Kim! Seems like a fun place to have a smoke and a scotch! Looking forward to more reviews from you. 🍻

Thanks, @Goodfortune! It is indeed a great place to enjoy cigars and scotch altogether. Can't wait to do more CC reviews buddy 😄

• Like 1

Just now, jhalischuk said:

Great Review. Thanks! 

Thank you for enjoying my cigar review @jhalischuk! CCE and Glefarclas 15-Year combo was a excellent cigar pairing experience 😃. Wish I have Glefarclas 15-Year single malt in my house too 😄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chucko8 said:

Fantastic review and pictures Kim. Well done mate

Thanks, @Chucko8! That cigar lounge has a fantastic speakeasy interior which adds a classiness to my cigar reviewing experience 😃.

Hope that we can meet on FOH Zoom once again in the future 😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fezztone said:

Great review Kim, thanks for posting!  My 2020 CCE need some more rest but this makes me look forward to them.

Thank you for enjoying my CC review @Fezztone! I think CCE begins to shine after minimum 5 years of ageing based on its flavour profile. Hope that your CCE will be tasty as mine 😃

• Like 1