Deep Dive: H. Upmann Sir Winston

El Presidente

H. Upmann Sir Winston   

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

H. Upmann Sir Winston

Who would ever have thought that the Sir Winston would turn into a value cigar and be cheaper than Trini Coloniales  ;) 

Let's talk the H. Upmann Sir Winston. 

• Do you like  H. Upmann Sir Winston?
  • Where does it stand in the ranks of the other existing Churchills and Double Coronas?
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke an Upmann Sir Winston?
  • Do the poll!

Salute the HUSW!  :cigar:

• Like 1

it took a while for me to get a good one, but once it hit, i totally got it. great cigar, still sitting on a few, takes me a little over 1-1/2 hours to smoke one and it is fantastic when on. not much can touch this cigar when it's firing on all cylinders. one of the best, without a doubt.

-dobbs

One of Cuba's best. Classy, rich and of the highest quality. A blending masterpiece with every aspect of the marca represented. A cigar few could dislike. 

I don't think young ones could really pull off scores higher than 95 but they have the potential to get up in the high 90s--something few cigars can manage. It just has the raw materials necessary for greatness. 

• Like 4

I've had one total Sir Winston and enjoyed it, but not enough to "weigh in" on whether I get it or not. Upmann is one of those marcas overall that I don't know if I really "get" but I've also never really sought them out. Perhaps just a blindside I have.

Definitely one of top 3 greatest cigars I've ever smoked if not the one. It's the benchmark of the whole HU line IMO. I think it outlines the flavor profile of the marca perfectly. If I have the time this is what I pull out and only share with good friends that love cigars as much as I do.

• Like 3

One of my favourites (still in production - that is subject for debate = the production cycle of Sir Winnie)

Consistent flavour profile over the years, along with probably some of the best construction .

The varnished box adds a touch of class to an already classy product

6 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

SW has legs. Always has. I would say they would continue to improve into the 8-12 year range. That's typically been the sweet spot for post-2000 CCs. After that I can't tell you--I haven't had many early 2000s SWs. 

I was able to find a box last summer, but haven't been able to bring myself to touch it - probably for the best, MAR 21 box date.

One of the greats and the perfect Vitola. The epitome of a well balanced cigar especially after a few years down. 

• Like 3

Lucky to have some boxes from 17-on. Top 5 cigar coming off the island.

It's a lovely cigar, full of elegance & grace...almost like smoking a glass of Krug Champagne.  I sometimes wish there was a tad more power there like a 46, but that's splitting hairs.

• Like 2

Another stick I have reallyenjoyed but need to be thoughtful about when I dip into my supply. One from 19, six from 21 and an unopened box from 17. Given where things are headed, this could be my lifetime supply. Special event cigar for sure. If I had only thought prices were reasonable two years ago….