Deep Dive: H. Upmann Sir Winston

El Presidente

H. Upmann Sir Winston   

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favorite cigar as well. I have one box left TLE DIC 20, untouched ageing.  I put it over all the DC and Churchill's. Can't wait for them to come up on 24:24. Min. 2 years to see them blossom in MHO.  Interested to see what the rest of the FOH Family thinks of them. 

• Like 1

I get it! I have only tried a couple of these over the years and I definitely enjoyed them. One thing I experienced that I heard others note is that this cigar has elements of several other H. Upmann cigars in one place. I LOVE the Mag 46 for its pepper, wood, and spice notes, as well as the Half Corona for its shortbread and sweet cream notes. My experience with the Sir Winston was a journey that traveled through both of those profiles. I only have a couple from '19 left and want to give them a few more years before I put flame to them. 

1 hour ago, stevenhaugen said:

I love the Sir Winston, what a cigar! The last one I had was at the Bond Roberts one year anniversary in London. @El Presidente laid on a box of CoRo, and Rob Fox laid on a box of Sir Winston. Hopped straight into the Sir Winnie :D - I'm not really sure what the box code was but it smoked fantastically well ..

I've not had the pleasure of smoking too many aged Sir Winnie's but from the few I've had they have smoked brilliantly and I do think they were younger examples. I'd trade virtually any box of my Cohiba collection for a box of the Sir Winnie. Amazing stick.

Esplendidos? 😆

For those keeping score at home…

frontrunner of deep dives and those who ‘get it’

1. Party Lusi (just above 94%)

2. Sir Winnie (barely sub 94% and trending)

3. PSD4 (92% & change)

Love me these deep dives threads. Great info/insight into the Cuban catologue. 

• Like 4

For those keeping score at home…
frontrunner of deep dives and those who ‘get it’
1. Party Lusi (just above 94%)
2. Sir Winnie (barely sub 94% and trending)
3. PSD4 (92% & change)
Love me these deep dives threads. Great info/insight into the Cuban catologue. 

There’s a reason why they’re all difficult to find (in general). Yes PSD4 is readily available here at FOH and priced incredibly - but they were MIA for a while there at most online vendors. The few that were out there were priced pretty darn high.
  • Like 1

A must have cigar that has endless aging potential.  One of my favorites.  Makes me miss the Monarch.  Monarchs were more my price point and in the same level of greatness comparative to its cost on the SW.

• Like 1

Love the Sir Winston.  Smoked through  fiver of 1975 "green box" singles.   100 pointers.  Same goes with a handful of 2009's.  Recently smoked a 2012 one and it was fantastic.  Would go deep on these in a second.  

• Like 3

On 5/20/2022 at 11:19 AM, El Hoze said:

My favorite cigar and easily one I am the deepest on. Over the years I always stocked up when they popped up. I probably have 10 boxes I am smoking from 2003 onward and another 10 -15 boxes I haven't even touched yet. That was always the one cigar above all others I wanted to make sure I always have enough of! 

I’ve had (almost) everything.  If I could only smoke one cigar for the rest of my life, it would be Sir Winston.  I’m also deeper on these than anything else and it’s the only thing you couldn’t convince me to sell any of.  

• Like 4

My favorite cigar and easily one I am the deepest on. Over the years I always stocked up when they popped up. I probably have 10 boxes I am smoking from 2003 onward and another 10 -15 boxes I haven't even touched yet. That was always the one cigar above all others I wanted to make sure I always have enough of! 

No wonder I haven’t been able to find a box.. You have em all!

On 5/22/2022 at 7:21 AM, Sir Diggamus said:

One thing I experienced that I heard others note is that this cigar has elements of several other H. Upmann cigars in one place.

Yes, it's a masterclass in blending. To have one cigar run the gamut of flavors of a brand as diverse as HU (possibly the most diverse brand) is remarkable. Certainly the best-blended cigar in the Habanos portfolio. Gives you a little bit of everything and takes you on a journey. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I like everything about the SW. And, I like a Julieta #2  almost as much as a Corona Gorda. Definitely a special occasion smoke. 

On 5/22/2022 at 11:42 PM, stevenhaugen said:

I love the Sir Winston, what a cigar! The last one I had was at the Bond Roberts one year anniversary in London. @El Presidente laid on a box of CoRo, and Rob Fox laid on a box of Sir Winston. Hopped straight into the Sir Winnie :D - I'm not really sure what the box code was but it smoked fantastically well ..

I've not had the pleasure of smoking too many aged Sir Winnie's but from the few I've had they have smoked brilliantly and I do think they were younger examples. I'd trade virtually any box of my Cohiba collection for a box of the Sir Winnie. Amazing stick.

IIRC 2019. And was a lovely smoke! Thanks again Foxy. Only one I've had so 100% hit rate so far!