Your best cigar experience of March 2022?

8 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Probably a draw between a PSP JL#2 and a Nudies Carlota Maduro. I leaped straight in as soon as they arrived which is not advised but found the Nudie to be right in my wheelhouse from the get go. Experimented with pairing it with an Old Fashioned with a touch of orange bitters as well as Angostura bitters and worked pretty well. Tried an Old Fashioned without the orange bitters but with a light sprinkle of instant espresso powder and wasn't bad, although I think the orange was a good contrast to the toasty, leathery and maduro cocoa/coffee flavours. I make my Old Fashioneds with Rye. I think bourbon would be too sweet unless drunk on the rocks or neat. Will revisit with just a long machiatto or perhaps a tall black iced coffee. If the Nudies improve over the next 30 days, it's a bonus IMHO. Also loved the size. Can smoke it slow and steady without re-lighting. Cheers.

Ive smoked a few of the Maduro Carlotas. Excellent indeed!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

Probably a draw between a PSP JL#2 and a Nudies Carlota Maduro. I leaped straight in as soon as they arrived which is not advised but found the Nudie to be right in my wheelhouse from the get go. Experimented with pairing it with an Old Fashioned with a touch of orange bitters as well as Angostura bitters and worked pretty well. Tried an Old Fashioned without the orange bitters but with a light sprinkle of instant espresso powder and wasn't bad, although I think the orange was a good contrast to the toasty, leathery and maduro cocoa/coffee flavours. I make my Old Fashioneds with Rye. I think bourbon would be too sweet unless drunk on the rocks or neat. Will revisit with just a long machiatto or perhaps a tall black iced coffee. If the Nudies improve over the next 30 days, it's a bonus IMHO. Also loved the size. Can smoke it slow and steady without re-lighting. Cheers.

I think you just described why I love certain skinnies so much: 

"Can smoke it slow and steady without re-lighting."

Best smoke of March probably goes to my last Partagas 898 (2006). Broken heart as I'll likely not see these ever again.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, X-Man said:

Even though I smoked a BHK 56 and cracked open Gran Edmundo in honor of HabanaMike, I still have to go with the Trinidad Esmeralda from FOH.

It is so good yet so young. Lots of potential to develop into a classic.

Interesting. Ive never had a BHK. Not really for any reason beyond I didnt feel they could be THAT much better than CPE’s but then the price skyrocketed lol. I really want to try one but now might wait a long time! No way I am paying 2K for a box. Your post makes me feel I may have been correct…

2 hours ago, TheDonTX said:

This RAT CPE was sooo good. Silky velvet smoke. One of the most enjoyable smokes I have had in awhile. By far #1 in March for me.

Top 5 cigars coming out of Cuba, period. Extraordinary complexity young or aged

2 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

Top 5 cigars coming out of Cuba, period. Extraordinary complexity young or aged

I got so lucky. They became my favorite (before I really even “knew.”) I started loading up on them about 2 years ago or so right before everything went crazy. I actually now regret giving 5 away as gifts 🤦🏼‍♂️. Gave them to super noobs lmao. 

5 hours ago, TheDonTX said:

Interesting. Ive never had a BHK. Not really for any reason beyond I didnt feel they could be THAT much better than CPE’s but then the price skyrocketed lol. I really want to try one but now might wait a long time! No way I am paying 2K for a box. Your post makes me feel I may have been correct…

I got these over a decade ago, so definitely not 2k for a box. They are very nice cigars, but probably have to wait for another decade for them to reach their peak.