It really is a beautiful presentation. Juan Lopez Seleccion Especial

Beautiful for sure but I still prefer the plain old wooden boxes. They stack easier, probably cost a lot less and I only need one fancy pencil holder. I end up throwing them out anyway when empty. But I can understand for marketing and profit reasons why HSA choose to package their premium products this way. But personally I don't care for it.

I wonder what is the extra cost, compared to it being packaged in a plain wooden box, when selling for the retail customer? 50-100 USD?

• Like 2

Does that say 52 X 170?  Wowsers!  That could be an ass kicker. Bet they cost plenty. Beautiful looking cigars and packaging. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I am going to flip this on its lid ;)

i want then to make two presentations for each premium cigar in their portfolio.

• One upmarket such as this.
  • One normal boxing be it timber or dress.
  • I would like them to sell those in empty form.  

I then want them to do bundles(ala Nudies) for refilling. 

It would be an absolute boom in plain packaging markets. 

Great idea, I like it.

• Like 1

At this point in my cigar smoking journey, I'd wager HSA is not marketing towards the regular customer much; seems the casual, special occasion smoker or the very rich, detached from value/cost consideration are the target public nowadays, What Rob is proposing, while reasonable and enticing to me, is never going to happen. I have been wrong before....

• Like 1

That box is my new "smoke now" humidor with whatever im storing to smoke next. It is certainly an awesome box. The spew colour velvet bag is a bit strange though. 🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Does that say 52 X 170?  Wowsers!  That could be an ass kicker. Bet they cost plenty. Beautiful looking cigars and packaging. 

They look nice but if that is really the size I will stick with the No1 and 2!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 3:07 AM, RichUK said:

I smoked the first of the two that I bought to try this morning.

We are away in Tenerife on holiday and I have fallen into the routine of eating breakfast and then having a smoke. Today it was the turn of the Especial.

Dry draw had a hint of gingerbread to it. Started out reasonably mild, typical Juan Lopez.

Flavour and strength really built up into the final third. At this point I admitted to myself it might not be an after breakfast cigar.

A fantastic 90 minute cigar. Solid 94 in my view. Definitely need to find a box now.

Thanks for sharing JL Especial experience @RichUK! Along with RA, JL is one of my fav CC marcas so I'm really excited to puff JL Especial as a huge fan of long CCs 😃.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Got ahold of one today. High hopes. This is a big cigar. Feels like a Sublimes. No way does it seem like a 52 RG. 

Unless you have small ️ s

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

I don't know, I had a Monte Wide Edmundo today that felt like a 52. Should have put them end to end. Some cigars seem to play large or small to me. Party E2 always feels like a 52 to me. Connie 2 feels like a 50. The Punch La Isla feels like a 52. For some reason Laguito No. 2 always feels thinner than a Laguito No. 1. Mind plays tricks on you. :wink2:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

My guilty pleasure is chuckling at small cigars that look huge in the hands of various redditors.  Can’t say why but I always think of the SNL skit with “baby hands”

• Haha 3