Do we need a "Fat bastard competition" this year? ...and other 2022 New Years Resolutions"

I am happy to run a FBC (Fat bastard competition) this year commencing in a few weeks. It will run for 12 weeks (three weigh ins). Always fun but let me know if you are "in" :lol3:

New Years resolutions? I am pretty solid. Balls in and go hard leaving nothing on the table. 

Yours? :cigar:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I am happy to run a FBC (Fat bastard competition) this year commencing in a few weeks.

Perfect! I definitely need to lose weight and I definitely don't want to start right now 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

My attention will be focused on substantially reducing my alcohol intake in 2022. Likely will result in some weight loss, but that's where my focus will be. 

Wouldn’t the type of alcohol being consumed determine any potential weight loss?  
Example: I can see beer/sugary cocktails having more weight influence than say a shot of sipping tequila.

12 minutes ago, OrangePaw said:

Wouldn’t the type of alcohol being consumed determine any potential weight loss?  
Example: I can see beer/sugary cocktails having more weight influence than say a shot of sipping tequila.

Yeah but alcohol itself is empty calories (in the sense that it doesn't provide any nutrients other than plain calories). It also might slow down one's metabolism though that is less clear.

Edit: just as comparison a can of beer will be about 150 calories, and a shot of tequila/vodka/whisky with the same amount of alcohol will be 95. So yes beer will definitely have a bigger impact but if you have 10 drinks it's about 1,500 calories vs 950 calories, a lot of extra calories either way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Yeah but alcohol itself is empty calories (in the sense that it doesn't provide any nutrients other than plain calories). It also might slow down one's metabolism though that is less clear.

Good points.

5 minutes ago, OrangePaw said:

I drink beer, and lots of it. 

I'm a rather large dude and can consume 15 beers without blinking. 

I suspect I'll drop 25lbs or so simply by quitting (or severely reducing) my beer intake. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Edit: just as comparison a can of beer will be about 150 calories, and a shot of tequila/vodka/whisky with the same amount of alcohol will be 95. So yes beer will definitely have a bigger impact but if you have 10 drinks it's about 1,500 calories vs 950 calories, a lot of extra calories either way.

Hazy 7+9% IPA's, NEIPA's and TIPA's have become a real weakness over the last two years. I dread to think how many calories are in each delicious offering.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I drink beer, and lots of it. 

I'm a rather large dude and can consume 15 beers without blinking. 

I suspect I'll drop 25lbs or so simply by quitting (or severely reducing) my beer intake. 

FWIW, it didn't work for me.. When I quit drinking (big beer guy too), I developed a sweet tooth that I didn't have when I was a drinker.  Now if you can quit the beer and avoid the sugar you'll be missing, you're on to something.  Good luck!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

FWIW, it didn't work for me.. When I quit drinking (big beer guy too), I developed a sweet tooth that I didn't have when I was a drinker.  Now if you can quit the beer and avoid the sugar you'll be missing, you're on to something.  Good luck!

While I've never had much interest in 'sweets' per say, my cripple is greasy foods. I'm one of the few people on this earth that actually likes McDonalds and other forms if cheap cheeseburgers. 

I have very little interest in $15-$20 dollar fancy burgers. But I have little issue with McDonalds, Burger King, etc. I've kept that under control over the last number of years, but if I'm going to slip, that's where it's gonna be. 

Just need to fight hard. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

We have done it as a % of starting bodyweight in the past. 

We might do 2 categories this year. 

1. Loss as a % of starting bodyweight. 

2. Lean muscle matrix. I will have my PT mate work out the formulae. this one will require a bodyscan to start and will appeal to those who already exercise regularly. Let me know if you have an idea on the matrix to use. 

Members can work out which comp to enter into. 

I'm in % body weight crowd.... what is lean muscle ? I know of no such thing :) 

29 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

We have done it as a % of starting bodyweight in the past. 

We might do 2 categories this year. 

1. Loss as a % of starting bodyweight. 

2. Lean muscle matrix. I will have my PT mate work out the formulae. this one will require a bodyscan to start and will appeal to those who already exercise regularly. Let me know if you have an idea on the matrix to use. 

Members can work out which comp to enter into. 

Maybe before and after photos for body weight comp.. some of the % in past comps were so unbelievable it would be great to see the transformation!!

26 minutes ago, JC67 said:

Maybe before and after photos for body weight comp.. some of the % in past comps were so unbelievable it would be great to see the transformation!!

I will leave that up to members. Some will be comfortable doing so and others not. It wont be compulsory :D

16 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

What's the incentive? If the cigars are better than the cake...I'll play !

image.png.b3245d8c0cc4a4b5baec3a06133163b6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3