Champagne Masterclass ....and a Cigar

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Here's part of my Champagne.  I imported the Champagne rack from France.  Broke a toe trying to carry to the basement on my own...  All the large format and whole cases of Champagne are in another section of the room.

champagne_rack.jpg

Be honest. This is your doomsday room right? Wine? Check. Champagne? Check. Salami? Check.  Dried pepperoncinos? Check!  :D

• Haha 3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's part of my Champagne.  I imported the Champagne rack from France.  Broke a toe trying to carry to the basement on my own...  All the large format and whole cases of Champagne are in another sec

We tossed this around last week on FOH Zoom.  KBG is happy to host special edition FOH Zoom champagne masterclass alongside John S.  Requirements aren't too onerous.  You will arrange to be 

How timely! Incidentally, I picked up another bottle of Pol Roger this afternoon after work. You know...in case I run out! 😉 😄

7 hours ago, JohnS said:

How timely! Incidentally, I picked up another bottle of Pol Roger this afternoon after work. You know...in case I run out! 😉 😄

1079972493_2021-10-2621_48_31.jpg.2eb08752d64344d66d3573eb69543016.jpg

1492573404_2021-10-2621_48_22.jpg.a428deb91b52b8771bcafb5f78e80aa2.jpg

1717563856_2021-10-2621_47_54.jpg.8be8f8fbbcf462544b8faa721222aaf2.jpg

That Charles Heidsieck Brut Reserve would be a great choice to pair with a cigar, unless you like more a fruit-forward pairing.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

cant wait @Ken Gargett i don't know what to choose

sparkling_whitegrape.jpg

or

McGuigan Alcohol Free Zero Sparkling Wine - 6x75cl | eBay

First one is 5 bucks on special at Woolies.

mus, my first thought is that 9am on a sunday morning? rob can let me know how it goes.

my second thought is that you and fuzz are in the same naughty corner. i expected better. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

cant wait @Ken Gargett i don't know what to choose

sparkling_whitegrape.jpg

or

McGuigan Alcohol Free Zero Sparkling Wine - 6x75cl | eBay

First one is 5 bucks on special at Woolies.

......this is why you are so angry all the time.....

Less Halal,  More drinking. Get some pork on your fork 

:lol3:

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

......this is why you are so angry all the time.....

Less Halal,  More drinking. Get some pork on your fork 

:lol3:

Now  now let him have his fizzy cordial and kid snacks . Whilst the men amongst us smoke cigars and drink the real stuff .

14 minutes ago, loose_axle said:

If its this coming Sunday morning I may be able to join! 

We will be a few weeks away as yet. 

1. We will need to work into Kens schedule and buy him an alarm clock if we decide on a 9am start :lol3:

2. Ken and John will need to work out the format. 

3 . Decision made as to whether it will be one or two sessions (International timezones). 

4. Registrations taking into account the Ken and J format. 

Nothing too complex. But a week to work out the detail ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

We will be a few weeks away as yet. 

1. We will need to work into Kens schedule and buy him an alarm clock if we decide on a 9am start :lol3:

Just set up his phone to play his favourite Springsteen song as his alarm.

• Like 1

This sounds very interesting, would love to join but being UK based it would all depend on the time and day. As long as it's not in the middle of the night during the week It's a good time for champagne and a cigar.

I've just returned to my physical workplace this week after a protracted lockdown period of 4 months was lifted in Sydney, Australia (whereby I worked online from home). I spoke to Ken tonight in regards to doing this Champagne masterclass with him and it was a remarkably easy and enjoyable chat. I will post message the particulars to El Pres and Ken tonight.

In short, yes...this will go ahead and we aim to get the details of the event out to you all soon so you can join us in what will be fun and edifying discussion.

Looks like i'll end up missing this. Got tickets to game 4 tomorrow night.

I'll bring the champagne with me just in case....

• Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 5:52 AM, Corylax18 said:

I'm very interested. I love pairing Cigars and Champagne. I also love learning about both. 

We're getting on the cusp of acceptable weather here, but we get 70 degree days in December and January, so its a crapshoot at this point. 

Cory you are in mate. You can take Mike's place. I put you in the PM thread. If you vant access the PM...PM me 😁

MIke...enjoy the game!!!

• Like 1

Prez will this be available on you tube so that with my sunday aperitif and cigar I can watch you guys?