Your latest CC Purchase?

On 1/15/2020 at 5:32 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

My pick ups from the cruise I went on. Punch Duke ER Mexico and Punch La Isla ER Cuba. Nice looking sticks. The one Duke with a cracked foot happened while in transit, I was able to inspect both boxes before purchase. Visited my first LCDH in Cozumel, decent shop, high prices, but very well stocked. 

20200115_192941.thumb.jpg.0fd494d232b4ff287e7dfa1564ec75a8.jpg

20200115_193009.thumb.jpg.542d2bc261f791041b26ec2ac5d90b2f.jpg

I can't stand those hideous labels that Mexico covers their boxes with. Heating the labels with a hair dryer makes it easier to peel them off, but then you're stuck with a sticky box that will stick to other boxes in the humidor. 

• Like 1

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 1/15/2020 at 8:32 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

My pick ups from the cruise I went on. Punch Duke ER Mexico and Punch La Isla ER Cuba. Nice looking sticks. The one Duke with a cracked foot happened while in transit, I was able to inspect both boxes before purchase. Visited my first LCDH in Cozumel, decent shop, high prices, but very well stocked. 

20200115_192941.thumb.jpg.0fd494d232b4ff287e7dfa1564ec75a8.jpg

20200115_193009.thumb.jpg.542d2bc261f791041b26ec2ac5d90b2f.jpg

Did you not stop in Grand Cayman? 

I can't stand those hideous labels that Mexico covers their boxes with. Heating the labels with a hair dryer makes it easier to peel them off, but then you're stuck with a sticky box that will stick to other boxes in the humidor. 
I put plastic cling wrap on the sticky part and cut it off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I just peeled off until I found the box code, all I really need the back for. Box spends it's life in the coolidor, so I'm not that bothered by the labels. 

I did. That's where I picked up the Punch La Isla. Juan was great, talked to him for a bit, but the warden (wife) was right there, so I was only able to pick up 1 box and some Cubita. The Punch Dukes were in Cozumel at the LCDH. Jimmy was pretty cool to talk to, let me open and inspect several boxes before making a choice. He only had a partial box of Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicosos, again, the warden was with me, so only 1 box. 

So who wears the pants in this relationship?

First trip to the mother land and it was just awesome.  Didn’t leave disappointed but left plenty of reasons to go back. 
This hobby has me sick in the head.  I zoomed in on a picture of a humidor of one of the LCDHs there from a google review 30 days ago. Saw 3 boxes of VR DA hiding behind some other boxes.  Went there immediately thinking I was gonna pull off the heist of the century and I’ll be damned if that was the only store shut down because it’s currently being fumigated.  I zoomed in on a picture doing recon for possible cigar purchases...what is wrong with me? 
3FC9549F-FBA2-4B8D-9421-2A7F39B3276A.thumb.jpeg.1841a9abe5cfb25a934c262cc8a31d0b.jpeg

That’s a nice pick up !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thirds said:

First trip to the mother land and it was just awesome.  Didn’t leave disappointed but left plenty of reasons to go back. 

This hobby has me sick in the head.  I zoomed in on a picture of a humidor of one of the LCDHs there from a google review 30 days ago. Saw 3 boxes of VR DA hiding behind some other boxes.  Went there immediately thinking I was gonna pull off the heist of the century and I’ll be damned if that was the only store shut down because it’s currently being fumigated.  I zoomed in on a picture doing recon for possible cigar purchases...what is wrong with me? 

Nice haul!  I heard you met an old friend of mine down there.  I’ll be seeing him tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Nice haul!  I heard you met an old friend of mine down there.  I’ll be seeing him tomorrow

Tell him I said hello.  The man knows his way around Havana.  Got 25 of something special in route from the man himself. 

Your name came up when he mentioned the El Laguito tour...small world.  

1 minute ago, Thirds said:

Tell him I said hello.  The man knows his way around Havana.  Got 25 of something special in route from the man himself. 

Your name came up when he mentioned the El Laguito tour...small world.  

I will.

Yes, small world in general.  The cigar world, even more so.

I’m glad you enjoyed the trip.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I’m glad you enjoyed the trip

Thank you.  My favorite part was when our driver was given the shake down by the officers patrolling the highway check points.  They motioned for him to pull over and then told him they wanted to siphon his gas...he came back to the car laughing because he has a diesel engine.  Cuba. 

• Haha 3

3FC9549F-FBA2-4B8D-9421-2A7F39B3276A.thumb.jpeg.1841a9abe5cfb25a934c262cc8a31d0b.jpeg

Nice haul. Glad to see punch DC cabs still being produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VKUTT said:

I have only had 5 of em before buying this box, a 5er I scored from a friend a year ago. I liked them very much. They are of a similar flavor profile to the Unicos but just a tiny bit lighter. Like if the Unicos is med-full, these are about a medium. Coffee, cocoa, a nice balanced spice, some toffee/caramel-type sweetness. Gonna give these a good 2-3 month rest, then spark up! 

They do have a fairly loose draw for a Cuban, so I use a shallow V or a punch to cut them. A straight cut is just a little too open of a draw for these IMO.  And I've always been a Unicos fan, but I don't always have the time for an hour and a half (or more) cigar. And I'm a big time Robusto fan, so these are perfect fit for me. Basically a smaller, slightly more mellow Unicos. Would LOVE to see VR come out with a PC!

A friend is going to Cuba at the end of the month, so I'm going to have him grab me another box to put away while I smoke on these '15s. CHEERS

They did make a regional PC, which are still available and not too insane yet in price.