Favorite Upmann Right Now?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure Cuba is ready to honor the man who instituted the embargo with a commemorative cigar that would only have demand in a market cut off by said embargo.

Grab some Connie 1's, you won't regret it.

Right now, a box of Mag46, AUB MAR13. I know I have sung their praises before on the forum. I have learned from this box and one other that I need to be patient to reap the rewards from Mag46. PL

9 minutes ago, crking3 said:

No2 for me .....I’d you can get your hands on some decent PCs with time down, those are good too .....I am contrary to the main I that I am not. A big fan of Connie A....also, I think the mag 50 is THE blandest upman on that list period ....idek how it has become this underground cult icon in this forum .....oh wait yea I do know ......anyway, enjoy man I’d say stick up on them all !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So- what is your theory as to why Mag 50s are so popular?

I’m an Upmann whore.  Love em all.  Right now I can’t keep my fingers out of a box of 14 LUB Connie A.  Just enjoyed a Sir Winnie from 2012 other day.  I’m waiting for this new box of 14 LUB No2 to rest since coming in from our host.  Can’t wait to ? one up.   And I will certainly try one of the 19 ESL Mag50s when they eventually arrive.  Upmann, Just a great all around marca.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CptGoodTimes said:

I’m an Upmann whore.  Love em all.  Right now I can’t keep my fingers out of a box of 14 LUB Connie A.  Just enjoyed a Sir Winnie from 2012 other day.  I’m waiting for this new box of 14 LUB No2 to rest since coming in from our host.  Can’t wait to ? one up.   And I will certainly try one of the 19 ESL Mag50s when they eventually arrive.  Upmann, Just a great all around marca.  

#UPMANN4LYFE

• Like 2

Right now, a box of Mag46, AUB MAR13.

I know I have sung their praises before on the forum. I have learned from this box and one other that I need to be patient to reap the rewards from Mag46. PLPC are not the only cigar that blossoms at 5 years age.

At 6 1/2 years old these are now fantastic. Last 3 I have smoked have all been 96+.

There was barely a trace when young, but now vanilla has come out in spades. The opening is a gorgeous blend of vanilla, nuts, and shortbread. Distinct notes of liquorice are present as the cigar progresses.

Aged Sir Winnies and Connie 1 have also always been good to me too.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, crking3 said:

No2 for me .....I’d you can get your hands on some decent PCs with time down, those are good too .....I am contrary to the main I that I am not. A big fan of Connie A....also, I think the mag 50 is THE blandest upman on that list period ....idek how it has become this underground cult icon in this forum .....oh wait yea I do know ......anyway, enjoy man I’d say stick up on them all !

Big Upmann fan but I have to agree on the mag 50.  A mostly tasteless cigar that has unbelievable hype around here. 

All time fave Sir Winnie but loving the Connie B right now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, crking3 said:

Totally agree the Mag 50 is a tasteless utterly boring cigar. PC's are/were fantastic and the #2 has the same DNA just a larger format. Disco'ing the PC was a stupid move. What a great cigar and when young packed quite a flavor bomb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Totally agree the Mag 50 is a tasteless utterly boring cigar. PC's are/were fantastic and the #2 has the same DNA just a larger format. Disco'ing the PC was a stupid move. What a great cigar and when young packed quite a flavor bomb.

Have you smoked any of the 19 ESL Mag 50's?  I have really enjoyed them, much more than previous years, very flavorful, well rolled and razor burn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TBird55 said:

Have you smoked any of the 19 ESL Mag 50's?  I have really enjoyed them, much more than previous years, very flavorful, well rolled and razor burn.

No, I have not. Truthfully the Mag50 is too large a format for my liking. Robustos and PC's are in my comfort zone and then the occasional piramide. After more than 60 minutes I begin to get bored with a cigar, so an hour smoking time is perfecto!

My dad swears by the mag50 but while I've had many of his, I have never really gotten why. 

I prefer the no2 or a royal robusto. I have only had a sir winston once and it was nice and smooth but did not have enough flavours. Although I know I have to try a few more to really decide whether I like it or not.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:34 PM, crking3 said:

Interesting....I don't like my box of Mag 50 either...2015 or 2016 I think.  I was wondering if it was the construction or if they were just really light-bodied, non-descript sticks compared to their brethren.

Connie B wins for me. I like the A just fine and don’t mind 54 rg over 52. Hardly noticeable. The B has the most refined flavor and retrohale to me of all the Upmanns. But I wonder how much of that has to do with having gotten the B’s I’ve smoked from James J. Fox in Harrods. They consistently seem to get the absolute best quality of what Cuba offers out of any LCDH I’ve been to. 

• Like 2