Favorite Upmann Right Now?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure Cuba is ready to honor the man who instituted the embargo with a commemorative cigar that would only have demand in a market cut off by said embargo.

Grab some Connie 1's, you won't regret it.

Right now, a box of Mag46, AUB MAR13. I know I have sung their praises before on the forum. I have learned from this box and one other that I need to be patient to reap the rewards from Mag46. PL

On 10/25/2019 at 5:28 PM, Diabolicalpherpher said:

HUPC. Discontinued but still can be found on the secondary market.  I have not smoked the Majestic so I cannot compare between the two.

the Upman Petit Corona was JFKs fav if I'm not mistaken

12 minutes ago, HumidorJuan said:

the Upman Petit Corona was JFKs fav if I'm not mistaken

It was actually called a “Petite Upmann” and was a bit smaller than a PC. There’s quite a few pics of him smoking them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vito said:

It was actually called a “Petite Upmann” and was a bit smaller than a PC. There’s quite a few pics of him smoking them. 

A re release of the petit Upmann  would be an exciting EL or a cool Kennedy commemorative thing, especially as smaller Cubans are just in a league of their own but it seems the hype nowadays is for these big 52+ gauge honkerinos 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HumidorJuan said:

A re release of the petit Upmann  would be an exciting EL or a cool Kennedy commemorative thing, especially as smaller Cubans are just in a league of their own but it seems the hype nowadays is for these big 52+ gauge honkerinos 

Ready to be had - the Epicures is coming close in format. But not always in regular production.

The PC were the Belle of the Ball for me.  Utterly perfect and concentrated Upmann profile.  I've never been smitten with Sir Winston or Connie A.  The SW is great, but only as good as the easier-to-source Connie 1 and no 2.  The Connie A I dislike as the 5 or 10 I've tried didn't have a lot of character - they seemed to include all the flavors out there and therefore have little to no idiosyncracy that made them stand out.

I'd suggest Connie 1 and the no 2 for aging.  Easy to find, generally consistent and not too pricey.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JoeyBones777 said:

Not sure Cuba is ready to honor the man who instituted the embargo with a commemorative cigar that would only have demand in a market cut off by said embargo.

VERY VERY GOOD POINT! hahaha Than lets see a Castro edition Lancero

• Like 1

H. Upmann is my favorite marca.  With over 1,900 cigars I currently have H. Upmann makes up over one third of them.  Right now here's how I would rank them:

Monarch A/T (discontinued, I have a box from 2007)

Connie #1

Connie A

Upmann #2

Magnum 50

Petite Corona

I do not smoke any H. Upmann under 4 years of age to them.  I really do not think you will be doing them any justice with at least 5 years of age.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, JoeyBones777 said:

HAA HAA. That was the first thing I thought too. Like, maybe the box shows a beautiful bay...and grazing pigs. Just coincidentally. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, cigarzfan said:

Anyone else loving the Royal Robustos?

I’ve smoked some stellar HURR. I tend to like them even when they’re not on, so it works for me. Out of the 10 or so boxes i’ve been through, 3 were really really good. Caveat is I haven’t smoked any that were boxed post 2015.

3 hours ago, anjimj said:

Nothing stands close to Sir winnies. Second for me is connie 1

I've only had No2, Connie 1 and Mag 46. I like them all but currently the Connie 1 is best pound for pound flavor to value of the 3. I'm super stoked to try a Sir Winnie from my Christmas sampler.

Do Sir Winnies smoke well fresh or should I let it rest more than the 90 days to give it a fair assessment? It is on my short list of possible splurges for a special occassion box since it allegedly "ages a dream" as @El Presidente puts it.?

On 11/22/2019 at 4:45 PM, JoeyBones777 said:

I've only had No2, Connie 1 and Mag 46. I like them all but currently the Connie 1 is best pound for pound flavor to value of the 3. I'm super stoked to try a Sir Winnie from my Christmas sampler.

Do Sir Winnies smoke well fresh or should I let it rest more than the 90 days to give it a fair assessment? It is on my short list of possible splurges for a special occassion box since it allegedly "ages a dream" as @El Presidente puts it.?

I would let them rest and acclimate for a good month or more. My rule of thumb is 1 week rest per day in transit. Thats always worked for me.

I have never been let down by a sir winnie. They are just a classy cigar and in my opinion blow away Cohiba espys and 300 bux cheaper..

• Like 1