Favorite Upmann Right Now?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure Cuba is ready to honor the man who instituted the embargo with a commemorative cigar that would only have demand in a market cut off by said embargo.

Grab some Connie 1's, you won't regret it.

Right now, a box of Mag46, AUB MAR13. I know I have sung their praises before on the forum. I have learned from this box and one other that I need to be patient to reap the rewards from Mag46. PL

Not in my humidor, nor have I tried, are Connie 1 and Mag 54. Everything else is.

Connie A is the most “bursting with flavor” of the bunch IMO, with an amazing aroma. Sir Winston needs more time, but is just an elegant experience every time. No. 2 is one of my favorites - just a great go-to, no frills everyman’s cigar. Mags 46 and 50 are my newest additions and have great potential, but I sense they need a few more years to blossom.

I’m looking forward to trying the Mag 54’s I have incoming. 

My HU love affair started with Mag 50.  Then Sir Winnies and the Connie A.  HUHC is my favourite short smoke. The blend is stellar for such a small "cheap" cigar.  Mag 46's from older vintages smoke great.  No 2's didn't do much for me.  Never had much from the rest of the line.

27 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Not in my humidor, nor have I tried, are Connie 1 and Mag 54. Everything else is.

Connie A is the most “bursting with flavor” of the bunch IMO, with an amazing aroma. Sir Winston needs more time, but is just an elegant experience every time. No. 2 is one of my favorites - just a great go-to, no frills everyman’s cigar. Mags 46 and 50 are my newest additions and have great potential, but I sense they need a few more years to blossom.

I’m looking forward to trying the Mag 54’s I have incoming. 

Grab some Connie 1's, you won't regret it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Sir Winnie. Always the Sir Winnie. Although I did just grab a box of PSP Mag50 from 24:24 because the price was too good to pass up.

I’ve always loved the Regalias. It’s just recently, since the PC’s have been discontinued, that they’ve been given any attention at all. I never bought the PC’s except for a couple of times but could never see spending the extra coin when the Regalias, to me, were better all around when it came to cost/benefit I get from a cigar. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vito said:

I’ve always loved the Regalias. It’s just recently, since the PC’s have been discontinued, that they’ve been given any attention at all. I never bought the PC’s except for a couple of times but could never see spending the extra coin when the Regalias, to me, were better all around when it came to cost/benefit I get from a cigar. 

Truth. I have to say, I am one of those folks having ignored them for years after some lackluster experiences with them. Did come back to them with the axing of the PC and have been positively surprised so far. Well, had set my expectations really low, but - so far - had to revise my opinion.

2 hours ago, joeypots said:

I'm loving the Royal Robustos. 

Second this! HURR!

Close second for me now are Connie 1s

2 hours ago, Fugu said:

Truth. I have to say, I am one of those folks having ignored them for years after some lackluster experiences with them. Did come back to them with the axing of the PC and have been positively surprised so far. Well, had set my expectations really low, but - so far - had to revise my opinion.

My box of Regalias from early '18 is now smoking beautifully.  Maybe a tad strong in the baking spice department, but it's got other great flavors.

• Like 1

Sir Winnies are the benchmark for me but only have two boxes so don't smoke them much, I love As 54s 50s and 2s as well. 

• Like 1

I never met an HU I didn’t like. But would have to be the Sir Winston, easily the cigar I smoke more than any other. My benchmark cigar. I am extremely deep on them. 

• Like 2

I have never tried a sir Winnie, but they are high on my bucket list. Some No. 2’s are at the top of my buy list at the moment though unless I come across a few Winston singles. That said, I don’t have any right now and probably wouldn’t smoke them frequently due to the size. I tend to go for smaller cigars most of the time. I do have some Mag 54’s right now and when they are on they are fantastic despite the silly vitola. Unfortunately, they’ve been a little hit or miss so far, but the box is still young so I can’t say whether that will always be the case. Still, I’d say you couldn’t go wrong with a box of whichever magnum you prefer.

Any suggestions for someone who's only tried (and loved) HUPC? I have about 1/2 a box left, but that's sadly it. What else should I try? 

I did buy a 10er of Mag 50's last week from 24:24, just to give something new a try, but really haven't had anything from Upmann.