A box to age for looking back

I left my job today as a public defender to embark upon a career as a private attorney. I want to purchase a box to commemorate this date for the next 25 years.  I want something out of the ordinary, possibly indulgently expensive. I figured you guys might know a little something about what I'm after....

• Like 3

I would get two boxes of your absolute favourite cigars right now. Mine, for example these days, are Trinidad Coloniales. Yours could be anything you say.

Put them away. Deep.

Then enjoy them in time. One like 10 years, one in 20 or whatever.

But to say, “This was my favorite at that time, so I put a couple of boxes aside”, is kind of cool.

CB

lol I see my best cigar friend @Lotusguy is typing at the same time I am!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dominattorney said:

I left my job today as a public defender to embark upon a career as a private attorney. I want to purchase a box to commemorate this date for the next 25 years.  I want something out of the ordinary, possibly indulgently expensive. I figured you guys might know a little something about what I'm after....

Congratulations! I always lean towards 50 cabs when people ask questions similar to this. If you smoke one a year you might kick it before the box does. I also like larger cigars when I'm aiming to commemorate something. My pick would probably be a cab of Lusi's, but Hoyo DCs would fit the bill too. Personally, I would stay away from REs/LEs, they can be really hit or miss. It would suck to spend a bunch of $$ on a box that you don't end up enjoying. 

COHIBA.  I’d watch, wait, and snag a top end box of CORO, Siglo VI or Esplendidos. 

As a private attorney, why not snag one of the Book releases for your shelf or a Humidor release for your desktop. Year one, crack one out and fire it up in the comfy chair....?

2 hours ago, dominattorney said:

Not a bad call, but I already have a box

SW Gran Reserva then. :wink2:

Siglo VI, Monte 80th or Leyenda, Punch Sir David, Edmundo Dantes Belicosos, Hoyo DC GR, CoRo Reserva, Cohiba Novedosos, SC Torreon, Trini Casilda, Monte Gran Piramides, RA Phoenicio 40.

All would qualify as "special" cigars and are available or will be available soon.

24 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

How are the SC Torreón cigars?  Not many people talk about them. They started making them again recently, didn’t they? 

I frigging love them and continue to wish they came without a jar for less - I really don't need three jars sitting around.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

How are the SC Torreón cigars?  Not many people talk about them. They started making them again recently, didn’t they? 

Good, but I don't understand the pricing. If they were priced more in line with the Noellas, I would have a half dozen jars. In Havana a jar of Noellas is about $125 and a Torreon Jar is just shy of $500. I understand the Torreon are larger and the jar is arguably more expensive, but not 4 times. The Noellas should probably be 30% more expensive and the Torreon should probably be 30% cheaper. 

As far as production goes I think both jars are made in "runs", not constantly. Sometimes every store you walk into has half a dozen or more of each, 3 or 4 months later, you cant find a single one. I'm a big fan of both cigars on their own merits, and I think both Jars are attractive additions that are perfect for keeping your old bands.