Current Fitness Routines?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working hard on the treadmill, bwana!

I work out 60 to 90 minutes, three days on, one day off, weightlifting.  I don't smoke a stogie before I work out.  I'm 59.

I just thought of an elderly gent once in the Gym. He was definitely a standout. He appeared to be in his late 70's early 80's. He would walk in, clean shoes, kakhi pant, polo shirt and a baseball hat

Bikram Yoga 3x a week for a month (specifically BIKRAM), week off,  Gym 3x a week for a month, and repeat. Will keep it going till end of October and start back in January.

• Like 2

Mountain bike 2-3 times per week along with some weights and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.  So that means some for the heart and lungs, some for muscle size/strength, and some for flexibility/core/skill improvement.  It never gets boring because someone is always challenging me either riding up the hill or on the mats.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 11:17 PM, OZCUBAN said:

No gym for me ? I work hard very physical job 

have been on the gut health regime (thanks to the Mrs ?) aka Michael Mosley 

it really works have dropped a good 10 -15 kgs and no gym cut out processed foods keep carbs to a minimum will be joining her on her Pilates regime which to me a uninitiated philistine makes total sense she has drop 30 Kgs in just over 12 months  kudos to her ❤️

Everything in moderation makes total sense to me ?

Not going to recognise you mate! 

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:54 AM, El Presidente said:

Do you have an excise/diet regime that works for you?  

I always avoided the gym and kept to a simple routine of push-ups, sit-ups, and run. A few free weights thrown in for fun when I had time.

About 6 months ago I moved back to where I grew up and  talked with an acquaintance who owns a strength gym about getting serious. He has put me on 3 different 8 week programs so far, working out for ~60 minutes Mon-Fri. I have been in the best shape in years. I am happy to share those plans and have attached them to this message.

Feel free to ask, as some of the exercise names probably make no sense.

STRENGTH & CARDIO CIRCUIT.xlsx

STRENGTH - CIRCUIT.xlsx

STRENGTH - TRADITIONAL.xlsx

I swim laps in the pool for 40-45 mins 4 times week.

I can turn off my brain and meditate all while burning calories!

As far as dieting goes...I just try not to snack between my meals.

I’ve been on a fitness push for the last month and will be carrying it on. Im now mixing between running 5 to 10km and running intervals for 45 minutes or so. The gym gets far too busy around the weights at the times I can go so I just stick to cardio. 

12 hours ago, kwsaw63 said:

Not going to recognise you mate! 

Haha mate you’ll recognise my ugly mug but Lucy not so much ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nsills said:

What gym is that?

Saiyan Strength. Look them up on IG. The gym defies logic its so nice. And they're capping enrollment at 400 members. It's in Santa Rosa. 

As I neared 40 I decided skinny fat was longer for me.

I try to eat a bit better just simply in a calories in / out tracking  perspective (not necessarily *better* just more portion control).  Some days are good, some not so much!

As for workouts - I started out with VSHRED - 6 days a week 45-60 minutes.  Loved it - dropped 15lbs and gained some muscle.  Ran through it twice.  Then switched to Athlean-X for a change of pace.  Did that once.  Back to VSHRED again.  Then a few months back realized that I needed a bit more time so i wanted to do something just four days a week.

Right now its Monday (back/biceps) / Tuesday (chest / triceps) / Thursday(legs / calves) / Friday (shoulders / forearms).  I throw a little cardio in 2-3 days a week (usually 15 minutes of something HIIT) and I do some abs generally each of those four days.

I'm making progress on muscle building - I usually work out alone so I'm not going max on my reps for safety sake and I'm not trying to look like Arnold anyways - just be more healthy!

If you want to shed pounds you need to stay away from carbs.  Easiest way to do it is examine what carbs you eat each day. Then drop the carbs from two of your three meals.  Is it fun? F--k NO! Does it work? Absolutely.  Continue your exercise regimen as well.  I promise you this works....but it also kinda sucks.  Carbs are so much processed fun. 

On 6/3/2019 at 10:09 PM, nKostyan said:

A tablespoon of olive oil in the morning on an empty stomach

Double espresso in the morning

Minimum sugar

Minimum butter

White meat (mostly Turkey)

No bread

No beer

Minimum salt

Plenty of water in the morning

Daily walk about 3 km

Pool if I have time in the evening

Cigars not more than one a day

What's with the olive oil empty stomach idea?

6 hours ago, Wookie said:

If you want to shed pounds you need to stay away from carbs.  Easiest way to do it is examine what carbs you eat each day. Then drop the carbs from two of your three meals.  Is it fun? F--k NO! Does it work? Absolutely.  Continue your exercise regimen as well.  I promise you this works....but it also kinda sucks.  Carbs are so much processed fun. 

I don’t necessarily agree with that idea. The only thing that leads to fat loss is a calorie deficit. I’ve been eating 200-300g of carbs a day and I have lost 20lbs over 2 months. I was, most importantly, in a 500cal daily deficit. However, you do want to eliminate processed foods and simple carbs, but that is the second thing you do AFTER you get yourself into a calorie deficit. 

• 2 months later...

Surf or foil for an hour before work.

Don't take in any calories until 6pm. Eat whatever you want till 10pm.

Not optimized in any way but I've lost 40 lbs over 6 months on this plan and its pretty easy. Might look into adding a bit of muscle once I hit my target weight, but I'm not sure.