" Rob, I just smoke the rest of the cigar the next day".

Next day  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He is a great mate of mine. He only buys large cigars and if there is no time to finish one.....he leaves it in the ashtray and fires it up the next day.

Now I know a few others who are known to do this on occasion :cigar:

.....now I am not trying to be sanctimonious. If you pay for a cigar then I suppose  you can do whatever you like with it ....as long as it is legal in your state (or the one close by) :lookaround:

Personally I don't like the practice as it has the potential to seriously affect cigar sales :D

But seriously....and anonymously....who has done this on occasion? Use the poll ;)

• Haha 2

Have done it remember doing it once and thought tastes so much stronger and harsher was a Churchill took it to work and put it in an ashtray at the railway station came back 10 minutes later and it was gone 

I tried it once, but I found it disgusting. I know a lot of people do that by airing (blowing) the smoke out of a cigar before putting it in a tube or sealed package.

By the way, Winston Churchill often left half or more of a cigar. The nubs were collected by his gardener and then smoked in a pipe.

2 minutes ago, JGD said:

I’ve come back to one a couple hours later if I got interrupted. I found that even that tends to affect the flavor negatively. But, that’s just me.

+1 on this. 

Sometimes life forces it, usually ending up in a less than enjoyable experience. That said, I had to do this with an SCDLH El Principe and it actually seemed to help strengthen the pancake, syrupy flavor upon relight 30 minutes or so later.  

Not in a ling time I haven't. Back in the very beginning of my cigar career I would occasionally try to smoke a cigar that had rested overnight. But once I had enough cigars I couldn't do it anymore. A couple of asides.

I had a friend who would smoke a cigar for days and said that the quality of a cigar was revealed by how many time it could be relit. 

Another friend, one who I played cards with for years, wanted me to store  his partially smoked larger size cigar in my humidor when he didn't finish it during the game. And I was the asshole when I said  I wouldn't be able to do that favor for him. 

I imagine if I was a cigarette smoker, I would be impervious to nasty flavors that would have settled in the cigar. As someone that only smokes cigars and does it for the flavor, no this sounds terrible. cut your losses.

Oh come on. Admit it. Real cigar smokers do this. Cures hangovers and if it was the best cigar you ever had, like a Dunhill or whatever.

Or if you are staying over and it is the only cigar in the house.

I know you did.

CB

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

Hmmm...61% say that they have never done this. I did once, never will again, but still, I did it once. 

Scuba divers say there are two types of divers; those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits. 

That may, or may not, apply here. 

I think we have some confusion in the question. At the bottom it reiterates the question: 

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

But seriously....and anonymously....who has done this on occasion? Use the poll ;)

I interpret as who thinks it is acceptable practice, every now and then? I have done it once (back when I started), but reading the bottom first, I think it's asking if it is an action that you have repeated. I selected "No"

I voted "no" to honor what I thought was the purpose of the poll, which was essentially "do you approve of this practice?" But like most, I did it once and never again.

There are two dead giveaways that someone smokes for the nicotine and not out of enjoyment. This practice is one of them. The other is when the cigar cracks and the person peels the wrapper off and continues as if it's the same cigar.

Never overnight but a few hours has been enough to teach me that if I don't have time for a smoke or that large of a smoke to not bother. It will be interesting to me to see how that works when I get my smoking room set up. I will probably not heed my own advice and light up with things on the schedule which will cause unfinished cigars. 

I have done it a few times...   The cigars usually have an acrid taste and become harsh.  The humidity is no longer there and it's not very appealing to smoke.

Yes of course, years ago. It re-started off with strong noted of ashtray with an ashtray finish. Very long finish. I even had a cigar saver tube, whatever that was...

So i try to have some PC or Minutos on hand and i am appreciating that format even more recently with the CC marcas.

Never done it with a cigar. But, when I used to smoke cigarettes it was fairly common to run out and have to smoke a few of the choice butts from the ashtray to get a nicotine fix!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have gotten as far doing a cold draw on a cigar from the night before.  That was enough; no need to light it up.