Of the cigars that are in scarce supply.....but not deleted..

21 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Sir Winston are still around with 2018 BD.

I got a box of SW from our host last year...so I pick SLR DC Cab. I have 6-7 from a cab in 2012 I split with a friend. I didn't know they would disappear or I wouldn't have shared so many with friends early on. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, as varied as the different flavor profiles are of the double coronas I've tried, it's because I love that specific vitola and the SLR is the one I haven't tried (of current production prominen

LGC MdO 2          

Punch double corona 50 cab 

#1 - Le Hoyo des Dieux (by the boatload)

#2 - LGC MdO #2 (love a few boxes)

#3 - Monte Especiale (nice to have)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoeyBones777 said:

I keep seeing LGC MDO2...are they not deleted? 

According to the Cuban Cigar Website, they are not deleted yet. Last production and box code I am aware of is ETP ENE 17. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Burningman said:

Not deleted but I haven't seen them at all. If you have a source please PM me! I fiend for them....

Haha, my network is quite shallow but if I come across them I'll PM ...I'll probably grab a box for myself as well. I love dalias/lonsdales!

1 hour ago, Bri Fi said:

I hope this discussion is to gauge interest in the auctions coming soon. 

Be careful what you wish for. Everyone is getting lathered into a frenzy. I suspect that the auction offering is one of the most anticipated initiatives that FOH has ever undertaken. 

2 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

Be careful what you wish for. Everyone is getting lathered into a frenzy. I suspect that the auction offering is one of the most anticipated initiatives that FOH has ever undertaken. 

If it's any indication, the HDM DD and LGCMDO2's will go really fast at a very high price. The LGC to me would be worth it though.

If it's any indication, the HDM DD and LGCMDO2's will go really fast at a very high price. The LGC to me would be worth it though.

MdO 2 have hit $750/box and HDM DD $400+ on the secondary (non-vintage years). I’m curious if the auctions here will exceed this price.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, bsubtown said:

Same boat. I bought boxes of 52s and 54. The 54 is from 15 which was nice but now I have to decide when to smoke one. I guess when the new house is done and I can smoke in the comfort of my gun room. I am also worried I will be disappointed in what I spent on them vs the amount of enjoyment. 

To answer the original question I would like Sir Winnies. Failing that I am still hunting for a 50 cab of Lusitania 

You had me at gun room...;)haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

MdO 2 have hit $750/box and HDM DD $400+ on the secondary (non-vintage years). I’m curious if the auctions here will exceed this price.

And in the auction world they are going for over double that, when you include hammer fees. Anyone who wants to acquire aged stock is going to likely have to be willing to pay a hefty premium. It’s interesting that in a world where tobacco products are increasingly politically incorrect, the prices are surging. 10 years ago most internet retailers had pages on their sites for “vintage” cigars. LGC and SLR were abundant and a box of aged MdO were not much more than a new box, $350-$450. I’m of the opinion that YouTube and social media have generated an awareness and interest that gobbled everything up. I suppose economic expansion in Asia could also be a major factor. I’m interested for other opinions from the “old timers”. 

6 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Have to butter us up somehow...I'm excited either way! 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very excited about the auctions, and I just put a marriage counselor on retainer. 

• Haha 1

Going by CCW, I'll have to say HdM du Gourmet.  I scored a partial box last year of MUR 13 for a good price after not seeing any for several years.

They're my perfect cigar when I've got a clean palate and time to smoke it slowly.  One of the most consistently complex cigars I've ever had.

More du Gourmet!