Of the cigars that are in scarce supply.....but not deleted..

Have never had one, but would like to try, what the hell happened to the SC El Morro?

Good one - not officially deleted but no recent production to be found anywhere. :(

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, as varied as the different flavor profiles are of the double coronas I've tried, it's because I love that specific vitola and the SLR is the one I haven't tried (of current production prominen

LGC MdO 2          

Punch double corona 50 cab 

On 4/26/2019 at 11:00 AM, Markspring1978 said:

According to the Cuban Cigar Website, they are not deleted yet. Last production and box code I am aware of is ETP ENE 17. 

Are you sure? I haven't heard or seen of any production at all since 14. Same as Hoyo DD and SLR DC. 

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Are you sure? I haven't heard or seen of any production at all since 14. Same as Hoyo DD and SLR DC. 

I couldn’t swear to it as I don’t have a box with that code. However, I just checked @FatherOfPugs box code list and it’s listed there as well. 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:33 PM, MD Puffer said:

For me, as varied as the different flavor profiles are of the double coronas I've tried, it's because I love that specific vitola and the SLR is the one I haven't tried (of current production prominentes- not stuff from yesteryear). 

Even though I've never had one, I'd buy a 50 cab without hesitation. 

The vitola itself is great.  It epitomizes relaxation.  Smoking a DC and being in a hurry are incongruous.  And at home, the double corona gives me power in the marriage.  It says, "Look here wife- you see how long this cigar is?  It's going to be a long time before I'm done smoking it, so that trash is going to have to wait."  At least that's how it plays out in my mind.  I still "win" in the alternate scenario too.  My better half insists I take the trash out now- so I casually walk in the kitchen, into our very, very non-smoking house, puffing away with every step wile maintaining non-aggressive but unflinching eye contact with her as I hoist the bag over my shoulder and calmly strut outside to the trash can.  She never interrupts my cigar again.  It may not actually play out this way should this ever come to pass, but that's how I feel when smoking a DC.

I like your style

• Thanks 1

I was in a LCdH in Feb and they had a stack of boxes of the MdO2. If I had known there was such a demand I would have bought the lot!!

I think people's point about the Behikes are that these days the price is double from most retailers against what they charged a few years back.

In relation to the question about the clamour at auction time, people are buying into the legend that aged cigars are far superior to non aged. In my experience that is not always the case, in fact, it's not usually the case. An unpopular opinion I appreciate but for me, the truth. The prices people pay at auction are ludicrous, does encourage me the put some old boxes up for sale to gouge money from those with enough to throw about but I don't feel it is fair to take advantage of those.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Are Ramon Allones Gigantes still in production? I haven't seen anything say they're discontinued but are hard to track down. I've always wanted a box of Kramer's cigars from Seinfeld ha

12 minutes ago, kevpro said:

Are Ramon Allones Gigantes still in production? I haven't seen anything say they're discontinued but are hard to track down. I've always wanted a box of Kramer's cigars from Seinfeld ha

I remember the episode from Seinfeld. Were those RA? 

33 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

I remember the episode from Seinfeld. Were those RA? 

Yeah, I just re-watched the episode the other day and they definitely look like the green RA box. The size looks like Gigantes unless it's a similar discontinued vitola. 

The one's he actually smokes are unbanded and probably NCs, but the box looks legit.