Of the cigars that are in scarce supply.....but not deleted..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, as varied as the different flavor profiles are of the double coronas I've tried, it's because I love that specific vitola and the SLR is the one I haven't tried (of current production prominen

LGC MdO 2          

Punch double corona 50 cab 

Sir Winston, because I've never tried one.
I wish that Behike production would be so vast that people wouldn't hoard and flip them at 3x the price. I just want to try one of each without spending $1000. 
Behike is good but not stellar. You'd basically be disappointed. I was.
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Wertman said:

Never had or seen an SLR DC I’m assume they are great huh?  Can someone explain why they are so good?

The SLR DC was always my favorite of the DC offerings due to its complexity.  For me, I'd call it a medium bodied cigar.  Always had honey and floral notes upon lighting through that first 1/3 to first half that would morph to cocoa and coffee notes (maybe I could call it mocha).  Sometimes I'd get slight notes of mild tree nuts in that last third like almonds or pecans.  When I think of the cigars that have wowed me.  The SLR DC is tops for me.  Love the aroma, love the flavor profile, love the complexity, and the strength is perfect for the length of time it takes to enjoy it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WABOOM said:
8 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:
Sir Winston, because I've never tried one.
I wish that Behike production would be so vast that people wouldn't hoard and flip them at 3x the price. I just want to try one of each without spending $1000. 

Behike is good but not stellar. You'd basically be disappointed. I was.

That's what I keep hearing, unless they are from 2010. I have a box of 52s from 2016, and I'm hesitant to smoke them out of fear of disappointment, as I paid triple or thereabouts CUC price for them. The construction and wrappers are perfection from what I can tell and the aroma is heavenly....just have to take that next step now :rotfl:

A 50 cab of SLR DC would last me a while. I can’t cope with the Serie A going away since it’s my favourite. I have a few boxes stashed but still. I was under the impression Partagas 898s were still around somewhat?

Saint Luis Rey, Doble Corona 07 Cab 50.

The ashes

Vitola: Prominentes

Total smoking time 2:15

Construction/burn was perfect, easy and smooth

Taste medium, consisting mainly of beany, earthy and coffee taste. Increasing slightly in strength. Some floral tones on the retrohale. 

Verdict 9/10

Enjoyable smoke with a beautiful, refined taste. Top class.

009A219D-2915-4D9A-BC99-5DC30FAD7197.jpeg

10 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

That's what I keep hearing, unless they are from 2010. I have a box of 52s from 2016, and I'm hesitant to smoke them out of fear of disappointment, as I paid triple or thereabouts CUC price for them. The construction and wrappers are perfection from what I can tell and the aroma is heavenly....just have to take that next step now :rotfl:

Same boat. I bought boxes of 52s and 54. The 54 is from 15 which was nice but now I have to decide when to smoke one. I guess when the new house is done and I can smoke in the comfort of my gun room. I am also worried I will be disappointed in what I spent on them vs the amount of enjoyment. 

To answer the original question I would like Sir Winnies. Failing that I am still hunting for a 50 cab of Lusitania