If you had only one box of CC for the summer what would it be?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a few samplers / quarter boxes. Why confine yourself to one box?

I'd probably start questioning my source if I could consistently buy CCEs from them for under $300 a box...

Partagas 898

6 hours ago, Panhead said:

I enjoy long lasting cigars so small one are out. What would be your choice?

Well, what do you like? Which cigars could make your top 3 list? (List doesn’t have to be perfect, I’m looking for an idea of what you like.)

So far with what I know, I’d choose the RyJ Cazadores. Not sure if it’s big enough but these are definitely not small.

What is long lasting meaning here? Does it mean the cigars can age 20 years or one cigar requires a minimum of 1.5 or 2 hours to smoke? and are you a fast or slow smoker?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fugu said:

Buy a few samplers / quarter boxes. Why confine yourself to one box?

This.

As I've gotten older and more set in my ways, my preferences have definitely solidified, but I still appreciate some variety, and wouldn't want to smoke the same cigars for a whole season.

• Like 1

Good topic....I tend to smoke different cigars with the seasons as well. 

On on a hot summer night I’m usually reaching for psd4 or if time is an issue a psd6, brc, rjy wide Churchill,  a siglio vi or a Coro 

On 4/8/2019 at 11:07 AM, Panhead said:

I am only able to afford one box of CC and they have to last. My budget is around 300 USD. What brand is a must have this year is probably a better question? Im a big fan of RYJ but not loyal to any brand.  I enjoy long lasting cigars so small one are out. What would be your choice? I only buy from our community:)    

Monte especial no 2  hands down  

• Like 2

I’m surprised only one other has suggested PLPC so far.   Well, @CaptainQuintero and I are on the same page.  Easily under 300 bones or clams or whatever you call them, and every time i’ve had one I think to myself I could get rid of my collection for a humidor cabinet full of 15-20 cabs of PLPC....  

Longer smoking time than Party Shorts too...

• Like 1

Sounds like you're looking for value. That being so, I'd run with 3-4 boxes of small ring guage cigars and if 45 mins is not long enough for you smoke another one.

RASCC, Partagas Aristocrats, P Shorts, P Super Partagas, HUHC 

It'd be a shame to limit yourself to just one box. I mean, I love any particular cigar like the BBF but I'd surely get sick of it if it's the only thing I'm smoking all summer long

5 minutes ago, Sir Sooty said:

I mean, I love any particular cigar like the BBF but I'd surely get sick of it if it's the only thing I'm smoking all summer long

I kinda want to try this experiement.  I'm afraid I'd enjoy it and turn out like one of my uncles that only orders colors light in a bottle or doesn't drink.

Ramon Allones Libano Regionals

First I wanna thank all of you for your time and input. I was really lost at to get with my budget. What I mean about a lasting long is a stick that will smoke for 1.25 hours. Unfortunately, I cant buy and age cigars due to me unable to work. I cant buy one or two CC for the weekend. It takes me months to save up for a box. I do smoke NC but would not waste money on a box. Therefore, I smoke what I buy. 

With all these suggestions helped me narrowed down which brand/ size and helped me immensely. I appreciate  all of your suggestions. I would have never thought of some of these suggestions. Im glad that I asked. I would have most likely made a bad decision.  Ill get back with my decision. Thanks again y’all 

My source is FOH, so thats where ill be getting them. Ill keep my eye on 24:24 but you guys are so fast I don't have a chance. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Panhead said:

First I wanna thank all of you for your time and input. I was really lost at to get with my budget. With all these suggestions at least narrowed it down for me and helped me immensely. Alot of your suggestions I would have never thought of. Im glad i asked. I would have most likely made a bad decision.  Ill get back with my decision. Thanks again y’all 

My source is FOH, so thats where ill be getting them. Ill keep my eye on 24:24 but you guys are so fast I don't have a chance. 

One cigar all summer sounds so.....boring. Why not a sampler? :ok:

26 minutes ago, Panhead said:

First I wanna thank all of you for your time and input. I was really lost at to get with my budget. What I mean about a lasting long is a stick that will smoke for 1.25 hours. Unfortunately, I cant buy and age cigars due to me unable to work. I cant buy one or two CC for the weekend. It takes me months to save up for a box. I do smoke NC but would not waste money on a box. Therefore, I smoke what I buy. 

With all these suggestions helped me narrowed down which brand/ size and helped me immensely. I appreciate  all of your suggestions. I would have never thought of some of these suggestions. Im glad that I asked. I would have most likely made a bad decision.  Ill get back with my decision. Thanks again y’all 

Don't forget the best deals are on clearance days (Mondays, and also Fridays, Brisbane time) and the carts make it very easy.  ?  Whatever you go with, have a great summer.

3 hours ago, Panhead said:

I am interested in knowing what you are going for based on the recommendations. 

Were it me, at that price point, I would probably go with the Monte 2s. They will get you 1.25 hours, probably and are very good to my tastes. I had a Diplo 2 the other day and it was good as well but not as good as the Monte. The biggest issue with the samplers and 1/4 boxes is you are not getting as big of a discount as a whole box. IF you know you need 25 cigars and 1.25 hour smokes that does help narrow your choices. 

You can pick up samplers here: https://store.friendsofhabanos.com/isv/samplers.html You could buy 2 have a bit of money left over and in July if your stock is drying up you could pick up another sampler for August and September. 

Long story short there is no perfect or right answer.