If you had only one box of CC for the summer what would it be?

I am only able to afford one box of CC and they have to last. My budget is around 300 USD. What brand is a must have this year is probably a better question? Im a big fan of RYJ but not loyal to any brand.  I enjoy long lasting cigars so small one are out. What would be your choice? I only buy from our community:)    

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a few samplers / quarter boxes. Why confine yourself to one box?

I'd probably start questioning my source if I could consistently buy CCEs from them for under $300 a box...

Partagas 898

My tastes do change with the seasons. I find I like dark savory flavors (Cocoa, Coffee, earthy, dark fruits, black pepper) when it's fall/wainter-ish. In the summer I gravitate towards crisper flavors of cedar, baking spices, red pepper and citrus. creamy and nutty are welcome no matter what the weather is doing :) .

So, I suppose I would stick with Partagas 898 for summer. (unsolicited seasons: Monte #3 fall, and Boli cj or pc winter)

• Like 1

The others have nailed it...

Also, given you want to smoke them this summer, they will be young.  The larger format and young (2018) cigars that have been outstanding for me have been the HU No. 2 and RyJ Churchills.

• Like 1

HdM DC. Big cigars so you 'get' a real cigar experience with each one and they are good young.

For me, it would be a 50 cab of Party Shorts. One of the most consistent and reliable smokes out there in my experience so you don't typically have to worry about getting a dud and having to throw it out. Full of flavor, good young or with some age and also a nice 30-45 min smoke, so on days where you won't have the time or the weather is not ideal (rainy/humid) for a Churchill or larger format cigar, you won't feel bad about having to cut your smoking time short and you get 50 of them so double the smokes of a typical box. Easy decision for me.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, daleighan said:

I would definitely go with a box of Cohiba Coronas Especiales. There is never a time that I am not more than ok with one of those and the flavors are pretty good for summer.

I'd probably start questioning my source if I could consistently buy CCEs from them for under $300 a box...

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, taylorgov2 said:

Oops, forgot to take into account the part where it says $300... In that case, I would probably choose some epi 2's. I always enjoy those too.

2 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Either a piramide (Upmann, Diplo, or P2 would be my choices) or a Lusi.

If I had to pick right now- at this moment- I'd pick the Upmann #2. 

Ask me tomorrow and I'd likely give you a different 

I second these choices,  would also throw in Monte 2 and mag 50. Since you said long smoke, if that were not the case the list would be much longer.

4 hours ago, Fugu said:

Buy a few samplers / quarter boxes. Why confine yourself to one box?

This is what I would do.  All quarter boxes. You'll have between 25-35 sticks of assorted marcas. A variety to enjoy for every summer occasion.

40 minutes ago, Bucky McSwensen said:

Bolivar belicoso finos have never done me wrong.  Young aged.  Summer winter.  Great for bbq and campfire smoking.  You obviously have to enjoy their unique profile for this to apply.

This is what I was going to vote for.  BBF are a real treat, particularly if you are rationing or really trying to savor a limited supply.  Big strong flavors, you feel fully satisfied after nubbing one.  And in my opinion they smoke great young.

• Like 3