Cohiba Talisman....."take 2"

It is no secret and every man and his dog saw them being rolled at El Laguito February 19. 

Rumour is anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000 sticks. 

So do you think they will have 2019 box codes or 2017 box codes? :lol3:

The reasoning for the re-release is that they sold very well. 

I know that they would move in China alone but crikey, talk about diminishing the concept of "edicion Limitada":rolleyes:

Cohiba talisman AGO 18 CL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edicion limitado a menos que se venda bien

They can and have been re-released as well (a one time-rerun is offered to distributors). But if one buys ELs or ERs just because of the "limited-aura" youre doing wrong anyway. True limited productio

1 hour ago, Edward7 said:

Was that when the habanos festival fell this year? What the heck. They going to even put the 17 band on them? That’s all kinds of wrong. 

This year indeed.

I am looking forward to what they will do with the  box code 

If I were a betting man ....:rolleyes:

Seriously what happened to them saying these are released for I limited time then they are gone? I was in the understanding that one all the stock got sold they would not be remade? This makes me doubt the specialness of the LE editions now! On a side note how special are the region editions? Do they normally hang around long or sell quickly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Cuba is now copying a thing or two from the NC arena. They do it all the time, re release limited edition stuff. I personally think it’s ridiculous. I hope they either mark them 2019 on the box and band to not confuse them with OR or don’t put a EL band on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could they be for a special edition like the 50 yr travel humidor with maybe a load of other releases! I would love to see every year a small box released with all the LE from that year! Like the sample boxes they give out at the festivals!

1 hour ago, Jimmy_jack said:

As mind blowing popular as Last Esepcion was, how have they not released those again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Would love to see this marca resurrected.  The original blends may be tough to match, but I'd like to see them try. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jimmy_jack said:

As mind blowing popular as Last Esepcion was, how have they not released those again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

La Esepcions didn't Sell for $70 a stick. 

1 hour ago, Tollickd said:

No what I thought was EL and RE are a chance to try something special that was made for either a very limited time or amount?

The only thing special about the RE's and LE's is the bands/boxes. There isn't any new, special, or better tobacco. No special rollers.

I know the tobacco is "supposedly" aged two years before rolling. If that were true (it isn't) than HSA would have put the tobacco for this run down for ageing sometime in late 2016/early 2017, 8-12 months before the official release party. I really don't understand why people continue to fall for this crap.

But real questions is. Will this batch have pigtails or not? ?

• Like 3

Since they can get something like $65 each for them i suppose they'll make all they can. But really, who cares? I don't. The prices are getting nuts. i know, there are people who can buy such cigars, and more power to them, but the cigars are out of my price range.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, joeypots said:

The prices are getting nuts...but the cigars are out of my price range.

You're not alone.  The prices are out of my sanity range.  I've never personally shelled out for an EL.  I'm a happy camper.  Couldn't care less.  :peace:  ?

• Like 1

Interesting guys am I just being sucked in on all these EL and RE and missing out on some great regular production cigars? You boys think anyone would object to me making a new thread to see others opinions on this subject?

11 minutes ago, Tollickd said:

Interesting guys am I just being sucked in on all these EL and RE and missing out on some great regular production cigars?...

Buy what you like, it's your coin, absolutely nothing wrong with that!

If you're buying EL/RE exclusively, then you're skipping over a lot of brilliant cigars.

• Like 2

Buy what you like, it's your coin, absolutely nothing wrong with that.
If you're buying EL/RE exclusively, then you're skipping over a lot of brilliant cigars.

Well mostly I buy singles. Only recently a cigar lounge has opened very close to me and for the first visit I had a plan one cigar the Trinidad La Trova as I had heard many good things. It was the second time I tried a Trinidad the first was a very small one last year and I was seriously disappointed as it was a terrible draw. This time round god I have to say an amazing cigar the best i have had to date. But always on Instagram mostly all I see is Pics of EL and RE ok I admit I have a few on my humidor but as they are so expensive I am reluctant to smoke them!

7 minutes ago, Tollickd said:

Well mostly I buy singles. Only recently a cigar lounge has opened very close to me and for the first visit I had a plan one cigar the Trinidad La Trova as I had heard many good things. It was the second time I tried a Trinidad the first was a very small one last year and I was seriously disappointed as it was a terrible draw. This time round god I have to say an amazing cigar the best i have had to date. But always on Instagram mostly all I see is Pics of EL and RE ok I admit I have a few on my humidor but as they are so expensive I am reluctant to smoke them!

I've unfollowed most of the hot shot Instagram habanos smokers b/c of this.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, aphexafx said:

It's really up to you what you buy.  They're your cigars, after all.  If you're into the EL/REs, then by all means, go get 'em.  ?

As to the poor draw on your first Trinidad: discount that.  One cigar is a sample base that can relay no information whatsoever, except that sometimes an individual cigar is not perfect.  It really has nothing to do with the marca/vitola/release.  Any cigar, from low to high end, can have a construction issue.

I don't follow cigars on Instagram.  I've never looked.  Sounds a lot like conspicuous consumption.  Maybe they're just having fun.  Again, nothing wrong with that.  But, no thanks.  ?

If you convince yourself that the ELs are a better use of your time, and you can afford to buy them, there is nothing wrong with doing so.  Yes, you would be skipping over great cigars of lesser status.  Does it matter?  Only you can decide that.  It's not a popularity contest.  (Unless you want it to be.)  But, IMO, no one else's opinion should really matter.  They're for you to smoke and enjoy.  Period.

If you've purchased cigars that are so expensive for you that you're reluctant to smoke them...  Does that really make sense?  Haha.  Just sayin'...  ?

Well said. I follow a fair amount of cigar gram accounts because it's nice eye candy. Other than retailers and collectors, I know that people will pick out their 5 best cigars and place them in their nicest traveling humidor and throw on a bunch of filters or post processing to post a nice shot - and I appreciate the content. It's pretty to look at. But yea, most people aren't exclusively smoking EL's or RE's. Even if you had a large budget for cigars, you would be missing out on the majority of cigars out there. Liking a cigar is purely subjective and I love so many regular productions. In fact, of the EL's I've tried, I preferred the classic profile of its respective marca to the EL profile.

• Like 4