Luca is Coming to London!

Hi FoH,

Just letting all the UK guys know that I will be in London for about a week in February! I am flying in there on the 25th of Feb and leave on the 3rd of March. I am staying at a hotel in Knightsbridge. I am planning on seeing all the cigar shops there. Pretty excited as this is my first time in London!

Are there any cigar events on? If any of you guys would like to meet please let me know! Would be great to meet you :)

Luca

• Like 4

For any London members thinking of meeting up with Luca for cigar and drinks, do me a favour and take good care of my friend. Unlike @JohnS, @Luca cannot hold his liquor. He is a young man who has not learned his limit. Please teach him.... by drinking him under the table. :lol3:

• Haha 3

Hi FoH,
Just letting all the UK guys know that I will be in London for about a week in February! I am flying in there on the 25th of Feb and leave on the 3rd of March. I am staying at a hotel in Knightsbridge. I am planning on seeing all the cigar shops there. Pretty excited as this is my first time in London!
Are there any cigar events on? If any of you guys would like to meet please let me know! Would be great to meet you
Luca

I can do the weekend (Sat 2nd).I'll bring my smoking cap if you bring the fez. I don't drink so@fuzz can rest assured you'll be (relatively) safe.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, Luca said:

Luca

Hello Luca, 

Make sure you get yourself to "The Wolseley" for high tea.   You may need to book, but it's not up it's own arsehole like the Ritz, better, and a fraction of the price!!.  You can also dress 100% casual without anyone being stuffy idiots about it. 

https://www.thewolseley.com/

Everything they do is delicious and it's a great London experience 

Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 12.19.22.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 12.19.48.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 12.20.41.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 12.22.16.png

Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 12.22.33.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

I can do the weekend (Sat 2nd).I'll bring my smoking cap if you bring the fez. I don't drink so@fuzz can rest assured you'll be (relatively) safe.

Thanks @Akela3rd! Let's lock that in :)

P.S: I might look at adding another Fez to my collection. Depends what Lock Hatters have in stock!

2 hours ago, 99call said:

Hello Luca, 

Make sure you get yourself to "The Wolseley" for high tea.   You may need to book, but it's not up it's own arsehole like the Ritz, better, and a fraction of the price!!.  You can also dress 100% casual without anyone being stuffy idiots about it. 

https://www.thewolseley.com/

Everything they do is delicious and it's a great London experience 

Thanks very much for the suggestion @99call! I really appreciate it :) I'll definitely check it out if I get the chance :)

Thanks [mention=28662]Akela3rd[/mention]! Let's lock that in
P.S: I might look at adding another Fez to my collection. Depends what Lock Hatters have in stock!
Just a couple of doors down the street from JJFox, how convenient!

• Like 1

I'm in London most days. So an evening herf should be possible!

Weather should be nice and cold for your visit!

Jjfox have some events, not sure how the dates coincide. Boisdales in Canary wharf have a nice indoor sampling room where you can get drink as well as an outdoor terrace.

The Stafford had heated terrace very near jjfox et al

Certainly you can peruse locations here depending where you're going to be https://cigars.co.uk/where-to-buy-smoke/

There are some private clubs that I'm not a member of that some here may be able to accommodate visitors!

Harrods also has the posh jjfox lounge. Loads of places!

Enjoy! Maybe keep us posted or we organise something here?

B.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ha_banos said:

I'm in London most days. So an evening herf should be possible!

Weather should be nice and cold for your visit!

Jjfox have some events, not sure how the dates coincide. Boisdales in Canary wharf have a nice indoor sampling room where you can get drink as well as an outdoor terrace.

The Stafford had heated terrace very near jjfox et al

Certainly you can peruse locations here depending where you're going to be https://cigars.co.uk/where-to-buy-smoke/

There are some private clubs that I'm not a member of emoji16.png that some here may be able to accommodate visitors!

Harrods also has the posh jjfox lounge. Loads of places!

Enjoy! Maybe keep us posted or we organise something here?

B.

Thank you @ha_banos! It will be great to meet you. 

I thought I was going to have a bit of a lonely time in London since I am going there by myself. The overwhelming response from Foh members wanting to meet up is awesome. I might have to keep a diary of times and places I am meeting people!

Thank you for the info on smoking venues. I'll definitely try and check them out!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 11:06 AM, Akela3rd said:

Keep the thread updated, I'm off to see The Lion King with the Mrs but not sure which showing we're at, also have a lunch or dinner penciled in around Belgravia.

So could make something work

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Only for the select few.

I'm picturing some 'Eyes wide shut" masonic ceremony, where newly inducted Mods have to smoke Rob's seasonally discarded winter haircut.  Terrifying!   I've found the perfect pipe too

Masonic-All-Seeing-Eye-Meerschaum-Pipe-Irmismarbel.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/4/2019 at 12:12 AM, 99call said:

Very interesting flavour note. You Aussie guys are very close

Oops. Auto correct got the better of me ?

On 3/4/2019 at 4:03 AM, aphexafx said:

?  Too funny.

Those Ramonitas, though!  ?

They were brilliant. Lots of flavour for such a small smoke

• Like 1