Stateside Members - Any Interest in a Super Bowl Pool with Smokes as Prizes?(Final Spreadsheet Attached)

1 minute ago, BuzzArd said:

Congratulations to the winners.  

JGD, I’ll get you a 10box of Guantanamera Minutos in the mail asap!!

Okay...   still trying to understand this game.  I did some reading on it and of course it related to dollars.   Cigars ought to be easier for me to understand.  So, the winners of each quarter gets a pay out, and the overall winner gets an even bigger payout.   If we were all together in the same room everyone would have brought their 5er and put them on the table.  Each quarter the winner would get a portion of that pot until the end of the game when the winner would get the remainder (a more generous portion).  Rather than us sending individual sticks to each winner we are just sending give to a winning designee and everyone gets what they won albeit from only a few of us (saves shipping).   

Right?  ?

You got it. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to everyone today! Ill be posting up winners as the quarters end. Rooting for the Rams even as a die hard 49ers fan...but mostly hoping for a fun game.

JGD - my sticks went out today. Sent you some aged skinnies. Hope there’s no draw issues.  ERDM Lonsdale RPO ENE 01 Montecristo Especial No. 2 MRB MAY 07 Montecristo No. 1 BUM SEP 14 (I

One of the best parts of winning both the 3rd and 4th quarters is that I was destined to receive a variety. I knew this, but I didn't quite expect what I had coming. What jumped out pretty quickly is

stood in line for 40 minutes at the worst run shithole USPS in the country - sucks to be a loser.

List of my “5” sticks 

1B0EDB80-9A24-41FA-917A-2A33FC58E600.jpeg

5F627665-2D7A-4C9E-945F-13607BA3BF51.jpeg

5 hours ago, mbflash80 said:

ok I think I got it now...jesus...see attached...NOPE I DONT HAVE IT...what a cluster F...hold on guys...keystone cops over here.  just realized Habana Mike had two entries and I want to make it easier on him so he can just send to one person...

Thanks! Single shipping takes a little sting out of a Pats win....

When are Bill and Tom retiring again?

• Thanks 1

What sounded like a simple concept clearly evaded many of us, but THANKS to mbflash80 for organizing this and patiently explaining it over and over! Wasn't a very good game, but at least this competition gave me a reason to watch. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

I'm hoping to have mine out Saturday. I apologize for the delay, I'm still transitioning back to day shift from night shift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I'm hoping to have mine out Saturday. I apologize for the delay, I'm still transitioning back to day shift from night shift.

No need to apologize! 

2 hours ago, TBird55 said:

In the mail, sorry for delay, just got back in town yesterday....enjoy....

20190207_103255.jpg

Impressive. A scholar and a gentleman. 

My 10 count sampler went out today. I did not add box codes because I was in a hurry. If you need them, let me know and I'll dig them up.

• Thanks 1

JGD - my sticks went out today. Sent you some aged skinnies. Hope there’s no draw issues. 

ERDM Lonsdale RPO ENE 01

Montecristo Especial No. 2 MRB MAY 07

Montecristo No. 1 BUM SEP 14 (I Smoked the first one out of this box this week ?)

HdM Epi 2 FIM MAR 05

RyJ Hermosos No. 2 EL  FBD JUL 04

PLPC OEB FEB 07

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric E said:

JGD - my sticks went out today. Sent you some aged skinnies. Hope there’s no draw issues. 

ERDM Lonsdale RPO ENE 01

Montecristo Especial No. 2 MRB MAY 07

Montecristo No. 1 BUM SEP 14 (I Smoked the first one out of this box this week ?)

HdM Epi 2 FIM MAR 05

RyJ Hermosos No. 2 EL  FBD JUL 04

PLPC OEB FEB 07

Those my friend are some fine smokes ?

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 7:29 AM, mbflash80 said:

FINAL:

Projectal Receives From: teewinot, Buck, AC031898

MarkSpring Receives From: jzbando, Florida Smoke, Buzzard

JGD recieves from: TBird55, Golf4Less (2X), mbflash80 (2X), Prodigy (2X), Nick B, ZeeDubbya, houdini, Habana Mike (2X), Inter4Alia, Eric E

Sheesh...I think that is straight. 

SB squares 2019 winners.pdf

Hey Giys - just trying to get an update on what has been received and what has not.  Can the winners give an update here on whom they have received their winnings from?  Can those of you who have not sent the smokes out yet please give us an update on when they will arrive?  Thanks everyone!!

3 hours ago, mbflash80 said:

Hey Giys - just trying to get an update on what has been received and what has not.  Can the winners give an update here on whom they have received their winnings from?  Can those of you who have not sent the smokes out yet please give us an update on when they will arrive?  Thanks everyone!!

Based on an e-mail I received last night, I expect to receive the last five pack either today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

One of the best parts of winning both the 3rd and 4th quarters is that I was destined to receive a variety. I knew this, but I didn't quite expect what I had coming. What jumped out pretty quickly is how terrible you guys are with math. Not only did I receive 74 cigars as opposed to 70, but the $10/stick rule was ignored, resulting in an even better haul than I could had ever hoped to receive! Speaking of variety, not only did I receive a wide range from the current marcas, but also a wide range of age. I can't thank you all enough, I am truly blown away!

7757ADFB-8679-4179-9115-4024E0DA2850.jpeg

• Like 4

Very nice!! I’ve only been buying Cubans for 3 years and had a hard time putting together 11 cigars I thought you might enjoy. Glad you like what you received, congrats again. 

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JGD said:

One of the best parts of winning both the 3rd and 4th quarters is that I was destined to receive a variety. I knew this, but I didn't quite expect what I had coming. What jumped out pretty quickly is how terrible you guys are with math. Not only did I receive 74 cigars as opposed to 70, but the $10/stick rule was ignored, resulting in an even better haul than I could had ever hoped to receive! Speaking of variety, not only did I receive a wide range from the current marcas, but also a wide range of age. I can't thank you all enough, I am truly blown away!

Someone parted with a QdO.  

World must be coming to an end...

• Like 1

My apologies for not responding quicker, work has been crazy and I haven’t been home much lately. I have received all my cigars, and am very impressed with the selection. I’ll try to post up some pics tomorrow when I’m back. Thanks again to everyone involved.

14 hours ago, JGD said:

That is a haul...congrats again brother and thank you to all of the generous gentlemen who participated...hopefully we can do it again next year when the Niners win...MB

• Like 1