Stateside Members - Any Interest in a Super Bowl Pool with Smokes as Prizes?(Final Spreadsheet Attached)

Years ago on the old CA forums I ran a superbowl pool each year that was pretty fun...each square would cost 5 high end cigars.  We would need a minimum of 25 entries in order to make it work...post here if you would like to participate and lets see if there is any interest. Spreadsheet is attached with the rules...please indicate what square you would like by column and row.  We would have an impartial party draw the numbers if this works out.

SB squares.xlsx

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to everyone today! Ill be posting up winners as the quarters end. Rooting for the Rams even as a die hard 49ers fan...but mostly hoping for a fun game.

JGD - my sticks went out today. Sent you some aged skinnies. Hope there’s no draw issues.  ERDM Lonsdale RPO ENE 01 Montecristo Especial No. 2 MRB MAY 07 Montecristo No. 1 BUM SEP 14 (I

One of the best parts of winning both the 3rd and 4th quarters is that I was destined to receive a variety. I knew this, but I didn't quite expect what I had coming. What jumped out pretty quickly is

Could be fun.  Quick question.  What will be considered a "high end cigar?" 

I have a respectable assortment of CCs but my most expensive (high end) are Padrons, Opus and the like from before I jumped on this boat.  Not sure many would want those.  My CC are all regular production, nothing unusual in my stash.

I would be in if there are enough people. I can make the $10/stick piece work, but anyone out there who’s been in this a while may be underwhelmed by my assortment - mostly regular production as I build up my collection (although mostly PSP quality)!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wertman said:

Great question what are high end cigars as far as value?  Maybe just 5 cigars.  Hopefully people can choose to be generous.

I count 11 confirmed so far and the updated spreadsheet is attached.  I took the liberty of choosing a square for some of you that didnt indicate a preference.  Wertman I don't have you in it since I am not sure whether the above is a confirm or not?  Please let me know. 

Its pretty simple...the winner of each of the first three quarters will receive 20 cigars (5ers from 4 people) and the final score winner will receive 45 cigars. As a winner you will not be sending out any cigars.

If someone wins multiple quarters they receive an extra 5er for each additional quarter won (so as to make sure that everyone who does not win sends out a fiver). 

As soon as it fills up we will get someone from the board who is not participating to draw the numbers assuming we can find a kind soul to help.

SB squares.xlsx

I'm new to this whole setup. How do the squares work? Is it based on the points each team has at the end of each quarter? Or is it a random drawing? Kinda confused haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I'm new to this whole setup. How do the squares work? Is it based on the points each team has at the end of each quarter? Or is it a random drawing? Kinda confused haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On the spreadsheet where it currently has "TBD" there will be 2 numbers in each box.  Those numbers will range from 0-9 with no repeats.  Essentially, two numbers are drawn out of a hat for each square.  The square your name is in will have two numbers for each team, corresponding to the row and column you are in.  At the end of each quarter we take the score of the game and whatever the last number of the score for each team is, the box that has those two numbers wins.  So if the score is Patriots 14 Rams 7 at the end of the 1st quarter, the box that has a "4" for the Patriots and a "7" for the Rams wins...

• Like 1