Show your winter smoking nook

Hey people.

Around Montreal and in southern Quebec, winter has arrived.

It's not yet deadly cold, but it's cold enough that it can be a challenge to smoke comfortably.

I made myself a smoking nook.  Look:

15427207805183868181862041808724.thumb.jpg.48f4c214b0b314323d98b9130b764941.jpg

15427208669075770100699747461687.thumb.jpg.f61e11b1a1f79024a96276fb1f379bf4.jpg

It ain't glamorous, not by a long shot. 

However , it allows me to smoke a Corona Gorda in -12 weather and enjoy it.

Guys and gals who prefer to or have to smoke outside, do you have a similar arrangement for the bleak season?

P.S.: Why is my picture rotated? I don't get it. There is nothing I can do to rotate it back it seems... am I missing something?

Edited by ponfed
Picture rotated technical problem
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?  Long ago tired of ruining great cigars smoking outside in the elements.  

Winter smoking nook?  I’m wearing it...  

Bought an ice fishing shelter. Scored an awesome infrared heater deal not in pic. I have it setup in the garage but could easily be outside. Park the wife’s car out in the elements. Sometimes sacrifi

THIS is why I moved to the south lol.  So far low temp smoking on the back steps has been low 40's in the shade.  Certainly none of that fluffy white stuff lol.

As for the rotation - I've found I need to resize my pics before posting to ensure the orientation is proper.  For some reason I think larger pictures (more kb/mb) rotate.  Resize in paint or something and upload and you should be good to go

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MountainMilG said:

THIS is why I moved to the south lol.  So far low temp smoking on the back steps has been low 40's in the shade.  Certainly none of that fluffy white stuff lol.

To paraphrase Dave Foley in Newsradio, winter in Quebec are the best 6 months of the year.....

P.s: Thanks for the tip, I'll try it when I get to my desktop.

• Like 1

Screened porch with seasonal vinyl covering. Turn on the fire pit and it's really warm. Not indoors, but works great for me and I don't hear the wife complaining about the smell... Well not indoors anyway. Tomorrow, my ozone machine comes in to kill the odors.505f11a31fb66b0f54cae39075b16f34.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MikeinKS said:

Wind sure makes a difference but this can keep me comfortable down to about 25. Enjoying with my first Nikka whiskey experience. Very nice.

AC2CA5FE-929C-4E3E-A88A-272F1313A3EB.jpeg

B815EE7C-FBDF-4F3E-A94B-AE37AECEACDD.jpeg

Yeah wind is often a bigger factor than the cold even. 

That's why i put my nook in that ugly corner, leaning on the side of that ugly shed. Sometimes I even put an ugly chair.

My patio is between my house and a triplex. It's a freaking wind tunnel! 

That ugly goddamn corner is the only place that's shielded from the wind 97% of the time.

So I make do!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, papatrips said:

Bought an ice fishing shelter. Scored an awesome infrared heater deal not in pic. I have it setup in the garage but could easily be outside. Park the wife’s car out in the elements. Sometimes sacrifices must be made  

Put down clickable mats I got cheap on kijiji. They work well at insulating the space and retaining the infrared heat I find  

Remove a couple of the windows and hang a battery operated fan at the top of the tent for ventilation.  I can get it to 18-20 degrees Celsius in the tent in the garage even when it is a beauty Canadian winters day  

My neighbours make fun of me and ask how the fishin is going?  I tell them I haven’t caught anything yet  I have had four guys in the tent enjoying cigars and no issues with getting smoked out  

I have also made a make shift shelter using a hockey net draped with emergency blankets. Have also made one out of a sport/beach umbrella in a patio stand with tarps running down sides and emergency blankets lining the inside  I apparently like playing Survivorman  

05859EAF-FE65-4A5B-93F1-31503781325E.jpeg

8523559C-72CC-400D-BBE1-C866A8AA57DC.jpeg

Outstanding! Love it. 

2 hours ago, papatrips said:

Bought an ice fishing shelter. Scored an awesome infrared heater deal not in pic. I have it setup in the garage but could easily be outside. Park the wife’s car out in the elements. Sometimes sacrifices must be made  

Put down clickable mats I got cheap on kijiji. They work well at insulating the space and retaining the infrared heat I find  

Remove a couple of the windows and hang a battery operated fan at the top of the tent for ventilation.  I can get it to 18-20 degrees Celsius in the tent in the garage even when it is a beauty Canadian winters day  

My neighbours make fun of me and ask how the fishin is going?  I tell them I haven’t caught anything yet  I have had four guys in the tent enjoying cigars and no issues with getting smoked out  

I have also made a make shift shelter using a hockey net draped with emergency blankets. Have also made one out of a sport/beach umbrella in a patio stand with tarps running down sides and emergency blankets lining the inside  I apparently like playing Survivorman  

05859EAF-FE65-4A5B-93F1-31503781325E.jpeg

8523559C-72CC-400D-BBE1-C866A8AA57DC.jpeg

Very impresssive! And inspiring!