email of the week.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being nice didn't help. I got this one back.   Rob,  I know from experience that the Cohiba Robusto is the most “faked” cigar in the world.  It may be that your supplier has decei

This thread made my day. What a nutcase. Tell him he can go kick rocks. In my opinion, membership around here is too high anyway. Too much competition on 2424 lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using

If and when he returns the said CIGARS,won’t you pay tax on them when they re-enter the country ?

ah the arrogance of the some people and the uneducated 

I agree being really nice to people like this just winds them up more .....priceless 

I would ask him to send the cigars back so that you can issue a refund. Once you receive it, send him this email:

I have received your return.  The cigar box itself looks good. However, there is an issue with the Cohiba Robustos.  I have some authentic ones, but those you sent me are counterfeit...I know.  So what do you say, and what do you want to do?  I would be surprised if you do anything other than deny.

• Like 2

He is a scammer (not a worried newb). Works both ways.

Still, and despite his obnoxious tone, as you already attempted Rob, best to handle the case according to standard (cigar) business practice. Don't engage into further debating with this moron. Make him return the box registered mail (I guess you'll have a bonded warehouse), offer full refund after receipt of the "unscathed original goods", incl. his shipping costs. The one cigar smoked will go gratis. I bet, you won't hear back from him.

After that, well, you'll know for yourself where to file this "customer".....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

He already stated that he could tell from the taste, so the box is no longer unscathed.

"unscathed" bar the one. As I said, the one smoked goes on the house. Unscathed ≠ untouched. That would comprise all others are in good condition, and are the original ones. You may likelwise say "undamaged" if that's preferable, but you'd actually want them in a better condition than just undamaged.

5 hours ago, Fugu said:

"unscathed" bar the one. As I said, the one smoked goes on the house. Unscathed ≠ untouched. That would comprise all others are in good condition, and are the original ones. You may likelwise say "undamaged" if that's preferable, but you'd actually want them in a better condition than just undamaged.

This idiot will not send Rob the cigars back, at least no the real ones. He is demanding another free box on the house to make amends. He is playing games and no doubt a scumbag scammer. Hopefully Rob can put the red flag out to the other reputable vendors to blacklist the d-bag.

What confirms that this suckerfish is nothing but a scammer is not the first email but the second. He doesn't ask for a refund, he asks that you send him another box for free. If someone feels that they have REALLY been deceived by a "predatory merchant", would you ask that merchant to send you another of the exact same item or would you want your money back and just buy it from somewhere else? Not to mention that he then proceeds to insult you and your family in hopes that will persuade you to acquiesce to his demands. Once he did that in my opinion, he opened the door for you to handle the situation however you choose, whether that be professionally or not. I'd tell him to kick rocks and never think about him again. 

34 minutes ago, taylorgov2 said:

If someone feels that they have REALLY been deceived by a "predatory merchant", would you ask that merchant to send you another of the exact same item or would you want your money back and just buy it from somewhere else?

Yeah, "You sent me FAKES- now, send me MORE FAKES!" is a bit of an oddity, isn't it?  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Curious to hear the result of this...if there is one yet.

last one. 

it is settling down. I offered to have them shipped to another US member (I was thinking to use them in a box pass). 

Rob,  

Quite a rowdy group, your forum...their eloquence reveals their character.   

May be a quality control variation. I can only say the CRs are not up to the standard I have experienced.  The Bolivars, R&Js, Partagas are all excellent.  The Cohiba Robustos are disappointing and are similar to counterfeits that I have encountered in the past. Perhaps the maker is unable to meet demand and is using tobacco from a marginal supply.  I understand that in Cuba, tobacco is supplied from a great number of small growers scattered over the island. I should think it impossible to maintain quality control and consistency. 

I should think that you would want to know when your goods don’t meet quality expectations. 

One more thing, why is every box you send opened and bubble wrap inserted before shipment? 

All the best,

Now this jerk is taking cheap shots at us.  You are much more patient than I would be.  What a jerk.

And really, you can't figure out why someone puts bubble wrap on something.  He questions about opening the package and then complains about the quality.  Does he think the quality of the cigar is written on the side of each box?

• Haha 1

Its better that our eloquence reveals our character, rather than his revealing his ignorance.

• Like 1

He is slowly making progress coming to his senses realizing quality and consistency MAY be an issue with Cuban cigars. 

And he signed off with the words "All the best", maybe he has had time to settle down. 

Is this guy a contributing forum member or just an online buyer? LOL

Checking the cigar inspector reviews to see if he pops up there, lot's of negative posting there without any substance.

I'm just happy to see this situation is done, hopefully anyway.  No one needs people like that being a customer, nor do we need that in the community.  Good riddance.  Enjoy whatever you're getting elsewhere.

Holy cow!  

To my fellow FOHers...I had to bring to Rob’s attention a truly bizarre shipping situation this past week...one that you’d be hard pressed to believe, but it happened.  Out of respect for the FOH team, no details will be shared from this clearly anomolous event. Their response was off the charts awesome.

@Elpresidente @WarriorPrincess You have a customer for life.  I will NEVER buy a cigar from any other source. Not a single stick, not from anyone. Much love and respect to you all.

- Wheezy

• Like 3

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

No to the former...and no longer the latter ;)

it was all quite strange. When i looked into it, I think there were a dozen boxes in total and only the CORO that he went ballistic on. 

He has calmed down which is great.  I think from time to time we have all flown off the handle but insinuating someone of  fraud is a serious accusation to make.  

I hope he has a great weekend and finds bliss in his new supplier. 

Rob, I'm sure you're not running a small one box per week shipment operation, and as you've been in business for many years, you've probably had the odd dissatisfied customer once in a while. This is what comes with the job. I trust you are more than able to handle such situations. I for one is one happy customer - keep up the good work!