email of the week.

9 hours ago, filltang said:

He could also verify authenticity of the box codes in HSA website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this. Ask him to check it out. i'm surprised he doesn't know about it since he seems to know SO MUCH about cuban cigars!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being nice didn't help. I got this one back.   Rob,  I know from experience that the Cohiba Robusto is the most “faked” cigar in the world.  It may be that your supplier has decei

This thread made my day. What a nutcase. Tell him he can go kick rocks. In my opinion, membership around here is too high anyway. Too much competition on 2424 lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using

First, I would like to say that the guy is a dick.  Second, he doesnt have much experience with cigars.  In my personal experience of smoking Cohibas for the past 30 years, CoRo’s are probably the least consistent cigars in the Cohiba lineup.  So while his description may be accurate, his proclamation that they are fake is just from lack of experience.  If he had handled it like a gentleman, I would have told him that they are real, and would have explained the inconsistencies in Cuban cigars, but if he is not happy he can return them for a refund.  But since he handled it like a dickhead, I would give him nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Elpresidente I'd ignore him, and blacklist him, especially since you said this is only the second disgruntled customer of the year.  If this was happening more frequently, or if it were someone with whom you had dealt before, you might want to handle it differently.  However, if it were someone with whom you'd dealt before, one would still question their sanity, would they not?  Either way, if you don't get a photo with the email and a more detailed description of why they are fake, etc (it could happen, btw, it's not inconceivable that a postman switched them or something) then I would not respond with any reservations about the claim being accurate. 

• Like 1

Rare as they are, and last resort as it may be, in all businesses there comes a time when one must fire a customer. It's time to terminate relations with this customer.

• Like 2

@Elpresidente If you decide to allow him to return for a full refund, I would definitely require him to send pictures of BOTH boxes of cigars, that he identify in the pictures which box is the "real" one and the one that is "fake" before he is allowed to return them so you have in writing and pictures of which box you should be receiving and tell him the refund will be issued once you receive the box and inspect it. Once you receive the returned box and you verify that it's the one you sent him, refund him and block him. If it's NOT the box you sent him, NO refund and block him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, the worst part about this predatory merchant is all the fun, generous contests that are put on and the timely and thoughtful replies after emailing/pm’ing them various requests. Oh, the consistently great service and quality product is also annoying and uncalled for. Almost forgot - just to amp up the general awfulness, then there’s this whole platform here that is provided for the community to interact in various meaningful ways. What a scam. How do you sleep at night good sir!? default_wink.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JamesKPolkEsq said:

He’s definitely going to send back fake CoRos.

They’ll be from a different source. He’s a scammer and won’t back down. If you placate him, you’re just falling into his trap.

* Amen

8 hours ago, bundwallah said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he has fakes on his hands from a recent trip to Cuba that he got for a steal.  Got called out by his friends and is embarrassed.  So he then orders legit stock from you and hopes he can swap in his fakes and get his refund once you capitulate.   From his tone, sounds like a con.  Or just plain old mental illness.

Literally what I said, word for word!

• Like 1

It is hard these days with people feeling so utterly entitled to respond in a way that cools the tension and allows for rational thought to prevail.  From the sounds of it he is an American, and for that I apologize... we are all not that bad.  The best you can do is offer a refund as a reputable dealer and move on from this nonsense.  It is unfortunate that people these days take a confrontational approach to a simple problem, instead of looking for reasons to the issue and possibly learning from the experience.

Definitely would not do business with them again. 

To be fair, I remember getting the jitters on my first box of Havanas once it was in my possession. The wrappers weren't perfect, the band was stamped off-center and it came from a "gray market" vendor whose reputation has only fallen over the years... it wasn't until I grabbed one of those humble RASS and lit it up that my fears subsided.

Even when people saw me start smoking Havanas over the Nicaraguan abominations I used to prefer, they'd offer that "they're probably fake." I'd respond "If these are fake, I'd hate to try a real one, because these are the best cigars I've ever had." fast forward 10 years and I recently was able to assuage a friend's first cuban score by trying one. I don't dig Montecristo, but I recognized cuban terroir before I even lit the sum bitch.

I vote along with others: "Hey, I'll take them back and refund you for the unused portion, but you can never buy from me again. Deal?"

Hell, are we sure this isn't just one of your competitors???

• Like 2

P.S.: I'm perfectly happy smoking the fakes Rob sends me. Hell, they're so damned good, I don't think I could handle the real deal!

5 minutes ago, earthson said:

To be fair, I remember getting the jitters on my first box of Havanas once it was in my possession. The wrappers weren't perfect, the band was stamped off-center and it came from a "gray market" vendor whose reputation has only fallen over the years... it wasn't until I grabbed one of those humble RASS and lit it up that my fears subsided.

Even when people saw me start smoking Havanas over the Nicaraguan abominations I used to prefer, they'd offer that "they're probably fake." I'd respond "If these are fake, I'd hate to try a real one, because these are the best cigars I've ever had." fast forward 10 years and I recently was able to assuage a friend's first cuban score by trying one. I don't dig Montecristo, but I recognized cuban terroir before I even lit the sum bitch.

I vote along with others: "Hey, I'll take them back and refund you for the unused portion, but you can never buy from me again. Deal?"

Hell, are we sure this isn't just one of your competitors???

I remember the rush of my first time! It seems so long ago. Pretty much the exact same story. Haha. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Freddo said:

You meet different kinds of people everyday. I would like to see how this is handled. Its an art to handle difficult customer. 

My money is on scammer rather than difficult customer.