email of the week.

Rob, I wouldn’t mess with this guy.....he obviously is a true expert in Cuban cigars.  He knows that all Cohibas are the exact same color and filled to the exact same firmness.....every time!  If I were you, I’d tell him to keep the first box you sent for him to use as an example of fake cigars when he is showing off his vast knowledge to his friend....and I would send him another box from your personal humidor.  

You definitely do not want put a stick into this hornet’s nest.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being nice didn't help. I got this one back.   Rob,  I know from experience that the Cohiba Robusto is the most “faked” cigar in the world.  It may be that your supplier has decei

This thread made my day. What a nutcase. Tell him he can go kick rocks. In my opinion, membership around here is too high anyway. Too much competition on 2424 lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using

33 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Tell him, happy to refund, but you must return the cigars via registered air mail. Once received, the cigars will be inspected for authenticity (you want your fakes back, not somebody else's fakes) and a restocking fee will be applied, before a refund for the difference is paid.

Who's to say this idiot didn't buy fakes with a glass lid somewhere else, he'll send THOSE fakes over and cry foul at FOH expense. And not at the expense of money, more so at the reputation. I think if he was legit, even if he had reservations, there is the right way to go about advising his concerns versus blatantly making such insulting accusations. I wouldn't help this guy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Being nice didn't help. :D

I got this one back.

Rob, 

I know from experience that the Cohiba Robusto is the most “faked” cigar in the world.  It may be that your supplier has deceived you, whatever.  The question is what would you like to do? 

I have authentic Cohiba Robustos purchased from an authorized Cuban Cigar Retailer licensed by the Cuban government.   Side by side, yours, the fake one, is lighter in color, softer in the pack, careless in the construction, and unravels as it is smoked.  The flavor is a dead give-away…no comparison to the “real Cuban”. 

The existence of predatory merchants like you sickens me.  Do you sleep well at night and can look your wife and children straight in the eye and tell them that you are an honorable man? 

If you really want to correct this injustice, then send me a box of REAL Cohiba Robustos.

Some people's children, SMH. I would totally refuse to do any business with this person.  That response is totally uncalled for.

He makes an excellent point Rob. I'd say a good 15% of the Cubans I've smoked have been counterfeit, or they might as well have been. I mean they were in the same sealed box as the real ones but they were either plugged or just flat. Anyways, I've taken the liberty of drafting a letter to him for your review and signature.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to express your valid concerns. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you've completely satisfied with our product. We here at company x, pride ourselves on ensuring that you are only receiving the authentic of authentic cuban tobacco. Your concerns are deeply appreciated. Please take any general inquiries to the following website: https://www.cottagehealth.org/services/psychiatry-and-addiction-medicine/emergency-psychiatric-services/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

Warm Regards,

• Haha 2

Rob this is easy... You gotta tell him every 10th box of CoRo's you send out is a fake just to keep us on our toes. It's like a blind taste competition... The full box edition. 

All jokes aside, I hate sending my steak back when it's overdone. Let alone argue like this guy as if he's been in the cigar industry for decades. As a consumer, it's embarrassing to read that. 

Personally, if I were a business owner... I'd eat the return shipping even. Give him his refund, and in a very professional manner ask him to leave my forum. I have a pet peeve regarding being called a liar or having my integrity questioned. It's a no go. Good luck Pres, I'm sure you can split this baby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As someone who used to sell stuff, this crap happens all of the time.  I wouldn't be surprised if returned the box with actual fakes inside that  he got somewhere else.  Trying to get even at your expense.  Somehow he will justify that it all broken even for him.  Course he may be just leaving them out to dry up because he is clearly mad.  I'm more on the side of ignoring him.

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

It seems to me that this sh*theel won't ever be a customer again, regardless of any attempt to placate him. As such, I would feel free to tell him to kick rocks.

Reason #437 I would starve to death if I worked in sales.

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Being nice didn't help. :D

I got this one back.

Rob, 

I know from experience that the Cohiba Robusto is the most “faked” cigar in the world.  It may be that your supplier has deceived you, whatever.  The question is what would you like to do? 

I have authentic Cohiba Robustos purchased from an authorized Cuban Cigar Retailer licensed by the Cuban government.   Side by side, yours, the fake one, is lighter in color, softer in the pack, careless in the construction, and unravels as it is smoked.  The flavor is a dead give-away…no comparison to the “real Cuban”. 

The existence of predatory merchants like you sickens me.  Do you sleep well at night and can look your wife and children straight in the eye and tell them that you are an honorable man? 

If you really want to correct this injustice, then send me a box of REAL Cohiba Robustos.

I've been incorrectly checking the authenticity of my cigars all this time!

Rob, I demand that you refund me the cost of my cigars! I have found some of my cigars over the last 10 years to be lighter in colour than others, sometimes soft to the touch (my humidor is perfectly set, not overly humidified :snooty:), and occasionally they unravel when smoking! (weather has nothing to do with unraveling :lookaround:). And let's not forget those poorly constructed Tampas, where you ran out of wrapper leaf and had the foot of the cigars all shaggy and loose :no:.

No wonder I don't like the Bolivars I've received from you! I have never had a "real" Cuban cigar!

How are you going to rectify this?

Yeah, yeah, I know.... "Fuzz, go <moderated> yourself!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

How about: "Bugger, we meant to send you all the counterfeit ones. Sorry. Can you please send us back all the good ones. We pride ourselves on order consistency."

** Yes; tell him to return the "fakes" and tell him you'll send him some WONDERFUL cigars in their place. If he bites then send him the equivalent number of Gurkhas, you know - one or more of those Kaizad Hansotia $500 to $1,200 apiece deals...be sure to include those ads put out with them to that effect. And he should be a happy camper  B)  :cowpoop:

He sounds like the sort of chap who has an uncle that is a ‘long lost prince’ stranded in his country, but if we could just email him £500 he will send us diamonds when he gets back to the palace...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bartolomeo said:

Have him send them to me in the US and I will pay him for his box, full price....case closed

@Bartolomeo, I think this is a very generous offer and more than he deserves. You might get stuck with a fake box here buddy  

@El Presidente his behavior is beyond the pale. Just offer him a refund upon return of the full box and blacklist the guy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Y'all have lost your minds, everyone send me a CoRo now from your boxes and I will authenticate them all in one sitting side by side.

Hi,

As I’m sure you can understand, there are many people of the lowest level of character whom only exost on the internet to disgrace and take advantage of hard working individuals. Those people bring a blight to humanity and just this week I was emailed about being a distributor of fake cigars!

As you are an experienced cigar aficionado I welcome your input for how you believe the cigars you received are fake. Please provide comparisons of the cigars you received from with cigars you received from your alternate, legitimate source. We’ll see what we can do.

You’re more than welcome to join the friends of habanos forum, introduce yourself and what you do, and then put your comparison pictures up for public debate on authenticity.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

agree 100% 

Good point.

But by refunding him almost admits guilt that these CoRo are fakes. Plus, you know he will send back fakes from another retailer.

Does he have a forum handle? ?

Tell him many members want to buy the box off him. And to post them up on this wonderful thread for a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't surprise me if he has fakes on his hands from a recent trip to Cuba that he got for a steal.  Got called out by his friends and is embarrassed.  So he then orders legit stock from you and hopes he can swap in his fakes and get his refund once you capitulate.   From his tone, sounds like a con.  Or just plain old mental illness.

• Like 4