Your favourite Old School things?

On 12/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, looseleaf said:

AA

15730DF4-CE7A-40CC-BD08-0E3E034DFB4F.jpeg

I hear that the First Edition of The Big Book of AA, if you can find it, is supposed to be worth $10,000 to collectors out there.  Just sharing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mostly analog modular synthesizer. I've built it myself.

Maybe this isn’t necessarily old school exactly, but a cotton dress shirt and wool trousers. Dressing for work in general. I cannot stand the new “dri fit” “microfiber” whatever they want to call po

Don't see these very often!! Much better than the modern variety....in my opinion.

/\/\/\

Well, if we're including music. From my youth, JJF with Mick Taylor is something to behold.  Wild Horses with Ronnie Wood at his best. 

• Like 1

Plaster walls!  Drywall just sucks.  It's weaker, less sound proof, less energy efficient, and incredibly dusty to install.  Sure, plaster comes in a powdered form, but as soon as it is mixed, no more dust.  The only downside is the skim coat; it has lime in it.  So you cant breath it in and must try not to get it on your hands ... unless your okay with nasty cracks.  

• Like 1

Plaster walls!  Drywall just sucks.  It's weaker, less sound proof, less energy efficient, and incredibly dusty to install.  Sure, plaster comes in a powdered form, but as soon as it is mixed, no more dust.  The only downside is the skim coat; it has lime in it.  So you cant breath it in and must try not to get it on your hands ... unless your okay with nasty cracks.  
Some of those opinions are factual, and some are not. It is a more elegant, cleaner look when done right though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, looseleaf said:

Just about anything starring Warren Oates

• Two Lane Blacktop
  • 92 in the Shade
  • Cockfighter
  • Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
  • Dillinger

2 hours ago, looseleaf said:

Peckinpah’s “The Wild Bunch” and “The Getaway”

good stuff, though cockfighter is a bit tedious, haven’t seen 92 or dillinger, may have to check those out.

and warren oates is an acting god, his work in two lane blacktop is brilliant, “if i’m not grounded pretty soon, i’m gonna go into orbit”

-dobbs

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Double edge safety razors.   I shaved forever with an electric and got tired of not getting a close shave.   I finally switched to blade shaving but instead of the picking up the latest 54 blade disposable razor I picked up a Edwin Jagger de89 and a cheap badger hair brush.   It was definitely intimidating the first couple shaves but eventually learned how to get an extremely close shave.   Favorite combo is Merkur HD with a Iridium Super and some Taylor of Old Bond Street sandalwood shaving soap.   I tried a Gillette Slim Adjustable but it did not shave as close as my EJ or Merkur.

Double edge safety razors.   I shaved forever with an electric and got tired of not getting a close shave.   I finally switched to blade shaving but instead of the picking up the latest 54 blade disposable razor I picked up a Edwin Jagger de89 and a cheap badger hair brush.   It was definitely intimidating the first couple shaves but eventually learned how to get an extremely close shave.   Favorite combo is Merkur HD with a Iridium Super and some Taylor of Old Bond Street sandalwood shaving soap.   I tried a Gillette Slim Adjustable but it did not shave as close as my EJ or Merkur.
Love my Edwin jagger. Until I broke my right hand the other day and had to shave left handed and cut my face to ribbons! Screw Gillette - rip off merchants.

Cars, back in the day when you could work on them. Transmission,  motor and carburetor! They put so much crap on cars these days, you cant work on them, and when something breaks, it's a fortune to fix it! Seems like they have a damn sensor for everything!

35 minutes ago, geoffbot said:
49 minutes ago, BeerPimp said:

Love my Edwin jagger. Until I broke my right hand the other day and had to shave left handed and cut my face to ribbons! Screw Gillette - rip off merchants.

I am fairly ambidextrous so when I shave I use both hands.