• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't going to post this because I didn't want to bring down the mood of the watering hole but then realized this is where my friends hang out ,so I need to let them know. We got the call abou

So sorry Mike. Thank you for sharing. Your Mom was a beautiful Lady. Not sure if it applies but this poem came to mind as I read your post. I share it in hopes there is something within that brings co

She is not with you anymore, brother, but she will be forever alive in your heart. Good people are always remembered by those who met them. I am sure it's the case of your mother.

So sorry to read this.

We lost my mom 2 1/2 years ago in similar, but more extended circumstances. When her time came, it was a very sad blessing.

I can tell you that the hole you're feeling in your life will shrink, though I don't know if it ever completely goes away.

Hang in there... 

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my Mom to lung cancer almost exactly 10 years ago. Another one who never missed a happy hour! Wishing your family and your Mom peace during such a difficult time. 

• Like 1

So sorry Mike. Thank you for sharing. Your Mom was a beautiful Lady. Not sure if it applies but this poem came to mind as I read your post. I share it in hopes there is something within that brings comfort.

Gone from my sight - Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

• Like 4

So sorry to hear of your loss, my friend. I’ll be raising a glass in honor of your mom tonight.

With Aloha, Brad

• Like 1

* Lost our Mom to small cell lung cancer too in April 2001. And another dear family friend to the Big C, and its unfortunate and uncomfortable after effects. As much as we miss them, Madandana, like you said - you don't want them hanging around suffering and in the greatest discomfort. I was outside the hospice room when the nurse(s) had to come out and tell me Mom had passed. I felt a combination of relief (that she wasn't having to go through that discomfort anymore) and disbelief...I just couldn't believe she was gone. But to not get off into that too far - let me just say that we are with you in heart, that we are your family, and thank you for including us in your very personal aspects of life and grief, then acceptance, and in allowing us all to hold your hand as we go through what life (and its end), and its continuing process has for us. May God Hold and Bless you and yours :flower:

12143255_10204103155178070_5858449151885313583_n.jpg

• Like 2

Sincerest condolences and sympathy for you and your family.

She must have been a great person they way she raised you!

• Like 1