FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 - Official Thread!

9 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

A big thanks to @LordAnubis for pegging the Box Pass Thread in the main Forum - now it'll be easy for members to find it while it goes on!  Take note guys - the Box Pass Thread is always on page one of the main discussion Forum!

@Ramrod918 @garnett @Onsto @ComancheKeen @treberty @shlomo @havanaclub @ChrisMG @CanuckSARTech @ChefBoyRG54 @zulubravo @CatchNRelease @Nekhyludov  @Tave1225 @Erm310mce @ehdg @dizedean @zeedubbya  @jsummers157 @Newkarian @Boosted @SloppyJ  @khomeinist @boopdeep @jacktarnold @joshb @Charley @Notsocleaver @topdiesel @fabes @Lotusguy @vintagerodshop

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been stopping by this thread now and again to see how you all have been moving along. I must say, the whole thing looks like it was put together by a military engineer... -LOL ( wait a second,

Alright gents, box has arrived safely in the USA. Was a hot day on arrival so i made sure to take it right out of the 90 degree heat and put directly in the freezer to cool it off ??? My put/takes

I decided to re package the pass box. Nothing wrong with how it was packaged really just needed a refresh and it was kind of bulging at the seams. Chris asked me to post pics to show people what I d

THE box arrived safely in Camelot today n will be on the way tomorrow to Zane tomorrow.  For the host I put in a PL Petite Piramide from Peru n a HdM Du Deux from '00.  Also wanna thanks Tave225 for the Chiox Supreme.   From this pass I decided to partake the Dip #1, Cohiba Supremo n the RA Beritus.  My additions to the box where H. Upmann SC, H. Upmann Mag 50 EL n a ED 54 RE Mexico.  Thanks for letting partake n annoy you with a few emails Schmerr!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ehdg said:

THE box arrived safely in Camelot today n will be on the way tomorrow to Zane tomorrow.  For the host I put in a PL Petite Piramide from Peru n a HdM Du Deux from '00.  Also wanna thanks Tave225 for the Chiox Supreme.   From this pass I decided to partake the Dip #1, Cohiba Supremo n the RA Beritus.  My additions to the box where H. Upmann SC, H. Upmann Mag 50 EL n a ED 54 RE Mexico.  Thanks for letting partake n annoy you with a few emails Schmerr!

@ehdg, thanks mate, pleasure chatting with you - Trades Approved. Thank you very much for the generous gift cigars - again, not required but I am very grateful! 

To be clear, the trades were:

Put H Upmann Super Corona ECA MAY 02- Take Diplomaticos #1
Put H Upmann Mag 50 LE SVF NOV 05 - Take Cohiba Robusto Supremo LE '14
Put Edmundo Dantes 54 RE Mexico (Code obscured by stickers) - Take Ramon Allones Beritus RE Libano

In our haste to make sure the box was ready to ship tomorrow morning, we didn't have time to get all the pictures sorted.  A reminder to all - please make sure your pictures are all sorted before you pack up the box to ship out when it's your turn! Thanks folks :) 

I do have pictures of the Mag 50 and the ED 54 - I will ask @dizedean to take a picture of the Super Corona when he receives the box.

599e5cd57cc96_ED54put.thumb.JPG.c511ab9d8a2c10d49e6824fe6608c2d0.JPG

599e5cd883719_Mag50Put.thumb.JPG.e2da7ab4a2798068f7e3d31d3e327485.JPG

29 minutes ago, seattledude said:

Hey brothers. Is it too late to get in on this? I have been away for a little. Washington State here.

Apologies mate, we had to limit our numbers so the pass wouldn't get too big, and I unfortunately had to turn a few brothers away, so it wouldn't be fair to those guys if we added anyone else at this point.  Sorry dude....I will keep you on the list for a future box pass though!

I am up next.
I want to thank Chris for the opportunity to include me in this box pass.
This is my first ever.
I did not realize how much work was required to keep this thing going.
I have a new found respect for all those who have participated and especially Chris for his hard work.
Now to business, here are my proposed puts/takes:

Takes:
10)SLR Serie A MOE Oct 14
15)Punch Punch PET Ago 16
17)PLPC EML May 14
19)Monte Especial ????

Puts:
BBF ROA Oct 06
Mag 46 MEG Ene 16
JL Sel #1 from 24:25
Boli Tubos 1 ULA Mar 15

I hope these stick
e6925daefecc44c8ae5d606c4e9ce157.jpg5dfc44f5a6d60b9f59556f702ab00463.jpg3523093c4cad30709694386d27f9f0f9.jpgb2722f899c022f0fcd884d0173c8cb69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dizedean said:

I am up next.
I want to thank Chris for the opportunity to include me in this box pass.
This is my first ever.
I did not realize how much work was required to keep this thing going.
I have a new found respect for all those who have participated and especially Chris for his hard work.
Now to business, here are my proposed puts/takes:

Takes:
10)SLR Serie A MOE Oct 14
15)Punch Punch PET Ago 16
17)PLPC EML May 14
19)Monte Especial ????

Puts:
BBF ROA Oct 06
Mag 46 MEG Ene 16
JL Sel #1 from 24:25
Boli Tubos 1 ULA Mar 15

I hope these stick

@dizedean, Your trades are Approved, Good set of trades for your first time!  That aged BBF is a good trade in for the Monte Especial!

We have now brought in two Regular cigars that are doubles of cigars already in the pass (the Mag 46 and JL Sel #1).  A friendly reminder to all, since we have several more Regular cigars in the pass than when we started, we're allowed a few sets of doubles if it happens, but only for Regular cigars. 

2 hours ago, dizedean said:

The box arrived today in great shape

I have done my puts/takes

The box is sealed and will go out first thing Monday

Thanks again Chris for allowing me to join this great group 562885999fdfe595f142bb04790b3734.jpgd94a63d68916f3344c37ee983a64ad5b.jpg70bc313bee1a8fe3b602ab2a648c758e.jpg

Cigars look great man!  Thanks for the very kind gift cigar - I havn't had a well-aged BBF like that in a long time, i look forward to trying it :) !

The Box Pass is in enroute to zeedubbya.....so on a slow Monday, how about some Box Pass Stats?

Here's a look what the Box Pass started with........

4 Bolivar
4 Partagas
3 RA 
3 ERDM
3 Punch
3 Sancho Pa
3 PL
2 Juan Lopez
2 Diplo
2 SLR
2 Custom
1 LFDC
1 QdO
1 Cuaba 
1 Cohiba
1 La Espy
0 Upmann 
0 Monte 
0 SCDLH
0 Trinidad

And where we sit now....

Bolivar 10
Punch 7
Cohiba 5
RA  5
Upmann  5
Juan Lop 4
ERDM 3
Partagas 3
Monte  2
Sancho P 2
Custom 2
Trinidad 1
SCDLH 1
Cuaba  1
Special 1
PL 1
Diplo 0
SLR 0
LFDC 0
QdO 0
LGC 0
La Espy 0
Raffy G 0

The most growth for Marcas....

Bolivar +6
Upmann  +5
Punch +4
Cohiba +4
Juan Lop +2
RA  +2
Monte  +2

The biggest decline for Marcas...

SLR -2
Diplo -2
PL -2
Sancho P -1
Partagas -1
La Espy -1
LFDC -1
QdO -1

Some interesting points here:
- SLR's, Dip's and PL's are popular takes - despite growth overall to the pass, these have declined in pass share, and the SLR and Dip's are gone entirely from the Pass at the moment. 
- Boli's, Punches, Upmanns and Cohibas are popular puts - Bolivars make up almost 20% of the Box Pass contents now (!)
         - Boli's and Punches make sense to me, as there are oodles of Boli/Punch RE's out there.
         - One more interesting Bolivar point - Boli's make up over 30% of the Discontinued cigar list (5/16)!
- Some Marcas (LGC, Rafael Gonzalez, VR) were not included in the initial Pass list, were traded in...but then later traded out of the pass, so are currently not on the present list either.
- There isn't any RyJ's in the pass either - is it a leftover effect from being banned from the original Box Pass in 2013?  RyJ's aren't banned this time around LOL!

Food for thought - the lack of SLR, Dip's and RyJ's at the moment surprises me - but then, in another way it doesn't surprise me.  I know when I talk to cigar folks, many people profess SLR as the one marca they'd like to try but havn't yet, so it makes a lot sense for SLR's to be a popular take. Besides, the Box Pass Content list is a fluid one.  I'm sure it'll be dramatically different again before it even gets to the Pacific, let alone comes back.

We're still seeing excellent trades going in and out, guys - it's really great to see! :) 

• Like 1

Bummer that I didn't have the chance to get in this go around. I'm sure happy to see everyone enjoying the Pass and hope you all get the chance to enjoy something new or an old favorite you don't have around. Looking forward to the next one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shlomo said:

How is tNinfa  in there body want it , o ir nobody ab le to trade for it?

I can't even remember the last person who even asked About it. Surprised me too that its still in there with nary a mention. A BrillIant Stick that I will be happy to get back if it doesnt get taken!

Same with a few others. The Punch Super Selection No.1. SP Sanchos. Great sticks all!

But hey, There is tons of selection in the pass right now. Sometimes something else catches your eye!

How is that Ninfa still in there? Nobody want it, or nobody able to trade for it?

It is on the short list--I am kind of surprised it made it to me. Had a 50 Cab of these in a previous cigar life and some survived the 2008 sell off--I think I may be out now...sad..

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov
12 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Thoughts are with @boopdeep and @khomeinist, both guys in Houston with Harvey's effects still coming down.  Fingers crossed for you guys, Stay safe gents!

Well said, Chris.

I lived in New Orleans during Katrina, and our neighbors in Houston came to our aid in more ways than people know - and kept at it long after the TV cameras left. I hope we all extend a hand to them now, same as they did for me and my people 12 years ago today.

I just made a donation to my preferred relief organization. 

If any member of this pass makes a donation to a relief organization in any amount and posts a picture here, PM me your address and I'll send you a pair of CCs from my humi.

screenshot-www.episcopalrelief.org-2017-08-29-09-16-50.thumb.png.c1e10bcbc9ed4eaad57b5f6cf6208d66.png

3 minutes ago, Nekhyludov said:

Well said, Chris.

I lived in New Orleans during Katrina, and our neighbors in Houston came to our aid in more ways than people know - and kept at it long after the TV cameras left. I hope we all extend a hand to them now, same as they did for me and my people 12 years ago today.

I just made a donation to my preferred relief organization. 

If any member of this pass makes a donation to a relief organization in any amount and posts a picture here, PM me your address and I'll send you a pair of CCs from my humi.

screenshot-www.episcopalrelief.org-2017-08-29-09-16-50.thumb.png.c1e10bcbc9ed4eaad57b5f6cf6208d66.png

A great idea mate, one that I hope inspires many to give and help those who need assistance in this disaster.  

It's incredible how many great cigars are in this pass. Really great sticks. Getting it right was a bit challenging, and then I was going to send Chris my final Puts and Takes and guess what--I forgot the no Hoyo Rule! Back to the drawing board. Haha!

Hopefully these are an excellent swap. The SLRDC was a tough cigar to let go of. I only have a few left and they were from a gift given by a great friend (collector) of mine about 10 years ago. He has since passed away. I hope whoever decides to take that one is able to enjoy it in the company of great friends. My friend was someone who loved life and lived it up everyday. I'm sure he would be thrilled to know we are enjoying cigars like this one 10 years later. I took the Ninfas because it was one of his favorites as well.

Anyway. Thank you Chris for the pass. I'm including an extra stick I think you'll enjoy and I am also tossing in a LGC MDO 2 from the (what I believe is) legendary MUR 2013 code. This one is not part of my Puts and Takes, just an extra contribution to the pass. Box will be headed to Jeremy tomorrow.

Takes (on left)

Cohiba 1966
ERDM Tainos (2000)
Punch Medalla D'Oro RE 2012
BCE 2005
Punch Ninfas 2002

Puts (Right 5)

Montecristo Sublimes EL 2008
Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos
Saint Luis Rey Double Corona 2003-Un remembered code
La Escepcion Selectos Finos--RE Italia--LEM SEP11
Quai D'Orsay Imperiales--SFX SEP05

Extra--LGC MDO2 MUR ABR13

One for Chris..

2d64ca0b8c74548aaea4199b1ad145a9.jpg552c206e0021fc02edb92494636054e7.jpg41f78de7e26e89ab4c451807e49d8d6e.jpg

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, zeedubbya said:

It's incredible how many great cigars are in this pass. Really great sticks. Getting it right was a bit challenging, and then I was going to send Chris my final Puts and Takes and guess what--I forgot the no Hoyo Rule! Back to the drawing board. Haha!

Hopefully these are an excellent swap. The SLRDC was a tough cigar to let go of. I only have a few left and they were from a gift given by a great friend (collector) of mine about 10 years ago. He has since passed away. I hope whoever decides to take that one is able to enjoy it in the company of great friends. My friend was someone who loved life and lived it up everyday. I'm sure he would be thrilled to know we are enjoying cigars like this one 10 years later. I took the Ninfas because it was one of his favorites as well.

Anyway. Thank you Chris for the pass. I'm including an extra stick I think you'll enjoy and I am also tossing in a LGC MDO 2 from the (what I believe is) legendary MUR 2013 code. This one is not part of my Puts and Takes, just an extra contribution to the pass. Box will be headed to Jeremy tomorrow.

Takes (on left)

Cohiba 1966
ERDM Tainos (2000)
Punch Medalla D'Oro RE 2012
BCE 2005
Punch Ninfas 2002

Puts (Right 5)

Montecristo Sublimes EL 2008
Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos
Saint Luis Rey Double Corona 2003-Un remembered code
La Escepcion Selectos Finos--RE Italia--LEM SEP11
Quai D'Orsay Imperiales--SFX SEP05

Extra--LGC MDO2 MUR ABR13

One for Chris..

Looking great @zeedubbya!  Your Puts and Takes are definitely Approved!

All of your puts make for interesting cigars for the next few guys to choose from, but an SLR 2003 is a rare stick indeed - I'm sure it will be popular!

I appreciate your gift cigar mate, I thank you for the generous gesture, as well as for the added LGC stick - I'm really happy to see a little bit of LGC back in the pass! Even though I'm sure it won't last long either LOL!

Well done here mate! 

... you did say you wanted one of those ERdM Tainos didn't you?
-Piggy

Yes I did..

...to the tune of the twelve days of Christmas ...

5 Copppppeeerrr Straaannnndsss

4 Calling Rays

3 Free Tainos

2 Terminal Blocks

and a Power Supply on a DIN Rail....

• Haha 1