Ramon Allones 898 Germany RE

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few hours of coffee and chat over some very good cigars. Picked up a few RA 898 Alemania boxes too. Here's my verdict : The cigar is incredibly good, still fresh and needs rest - yes. But a grea

Thanks for the reminder ! We went and had us some more of those overrated sticks today. And they sure will sleep in our collections :-)

My review on this cigar. Ramon Allones ER Allemania Long awaited Dalia (170 x 43). First Third Fresh and therefore slightly peppery start Taste Black pepper 3/5 Coffee 2/5 Earth 2/5 Cacao

I don't understand the hype on this release. Probably rolled with the wrong tobacco at the wrong factory and trying to mimic one of the most overrated cigars. Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm on the fence about these. Kinda pricey. But, 2000 boxes and the German REs have been the best I've smoked. Decisions, decisions.....

I don't understand the hype on this release. Probably rolled with the wrong tobacco at the wrong factory and trying to mimic one of the most overrated cigars. Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree it is a bit excessive, and I am sure I will buy a couple boxes as well, we have to remember how often we complain about 50+ ring-gauge releases. If we really want HSA to take note then we have to get excited for these slender releases, or they will disappear completely. Also I think the Regions are to blame as well. There is no coincidence that 2 of the three smallest ring gauge releases are from the same country. Only the bolivar especialles and la espicion were smaller I beleive (forgive me for omitting minutos).

• Like 2

"Dear friends of LCDH ---,

finally the Ramon Allones 8-9-8 German Regional Editions 2014 (!) arrived.

The come in traditional varnished cabinets of 25 cigars and are ready for shipping by Tuesday – so order your boxes now not to miss these outstanding Lonsdales. "

"Dear friends of LCDH ---,

finally the Ramon Allones 8-9-8 German Regional Editions 2014 (!) arrived.

The come in traditional varnished cabinets of 25 cigars and are ready for shipping by Tuesday – so order your boxes now not to miss these outstanding Lonsdales. "

Yup, that's the shop that I trust as far as I can throw them. Surprised they stick to the MSRP - never one to miss a buck when they can...

• Like 2

Trustfull

Being a Regional I think all the shops have to sell at the same price.

All cigars sold in Germany have a fixed uniform price across all stores. They are allowed maximum 3% discount. That didn't keep this one from charging more on occasion for HTF stuff.

What a stupid way to run a business.

"We don't sell people what they want, in the quantities that they want for a reasonable price." That is the way the free world does it, so we will do it differently! We are going to save our tobacco for the next hurricane to ruin...

I can see it now. Windows 11, double boxed for the first 2000 computer users... only!

-Piggy

They rolled an Lonsdale, put an RA band on it and called it an 898 . . .

Anything else I should know about these, like if they actually were rolled on virgin thighs? Lord almighty people, the hype associated with this release is ridiculous. Who has even smoked one? One link to one review?

They rolled an Lonsdale, put an RA band on it and called it an 898 . . .

Anything else I should know about these, like if they actually were rolled on virgin thighs? Lord almighty people, the hype associated with this release is ridiculous. Who has even smoked one? One link to one review?

Lol. They might be great....or not. But a "collection" is not complete without multiple boxes! Wonder how much will actually get smoked, or will they be hoarded for 10 years in hope of a big return...

• Like 1