What is the cheapest thing that you do....c'mon, admit it.

I reuse the usps mailer boxes I get by putting them inside a 17 cent mailing envelope.That way I save over 2.00 when I send out a fiver to a friend.

I also take home cardboard boxes that would be thrown out from work to use as mailing boxes,and any packing paper or bubble wrap.

When I get take out chinese food I ask for extra packets of soy and hot mustard for use later .

I save plastic containers from cold cuts or sour cream to use as a scoop for pet food or potting soil.

I will break down a plugged cigar and reroll it and put on a fresh wrapper.works like a charm..........

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoke most of my cigars until the finger-burning end.

I reload my own ammo.

I make ice in trays the fridge came with rather than shelling out the $2.50 for a bag of it

I always take 10-20 ziplock bags out from the airports humidors (if they have) when I open a door biggrin.png and ask my wife to take a few for me because I have forgotten. oh yess, sometimes leaving the place with 50+ biggrin.png

its like a maniac, I have so many at home now but still doin' it. addicted

And of course I'm using them till cracked, broken seal or totally ruined. Wow I am cheap in this so much

I always take a whole bunch of those free plastic bags from the Costco meat dept. The clerks always give me a double take when they see them crammed in one of my grocery bags at the checkout but they never say anything...lol.

I take the plastic produce bags at my local supermarket and use them to bag anything that needs to be sealed in the fridge or pantry.

I try to take anything that is "free" in mass quantities :)... Also I do the contact 24/7 pair for a month instead of biweekly. No doctor concerns. Take obscene amounts of ketchup packets so I don't have to buy ketchup ever.

I take my left over cigar ends and re-roll them in to whole cigars. Then hand them out to moochers!.,

(I don't really do this)

I also do the contact thing but instead of getting the daily ones I get regular ones and leave in for a week or two and then put a fresh pair in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I take my left over cigar ends and re-roll them in to whole cigars. Then hand them out to moochers!.,

(I don't really do this)

*Thank you

OK. I have this thing where when I go to a fast food restaurant, I'll take extra napkins. I stash them in my glove compartment that way I have napkins to use in the car.

I also steal the napkins to use more as a kleenix. I even tear them in half before I use them so I don't waste.

I steal napkins too.

I jack soy sauce packets, hot sauce packets, and chopsticks too....forgot about those. One drawer in the kitchen is dedicated for this stockpile.

They're just so damn useful...

I reload my own ammo.

• Like 4

When I was in high school i blew the relay in my car that earthed my brake lights so that when I put my foot on the brake the lights didnt come on.

I climbed under the dash one Saturday and fed the relay wire up to beside my steering wheel. All I had to do was touch this wire and that would complete the earth and my brake lights would come on.

I did it so I had brake lights to drive to the hardware store to buy a new relay for around 50c.

The store didn't have the relay I needed so I ordered it and kept driving the car around like that until it arrived in stock.

After about 8 months I realised i hadn't picked up the relay yet.

I went back to the hardware store and found the guy I ordered it from.

He looked at me and said "seriously dude!? This thing costs 45c, you could have had the thing for free when it arrived but we've since thrown it out!"

I got back in the car and continued to drive it around like that for another 6 months until I could afford a new car.

It was a pretty handy feature for tail gaters

I'm not sure if this story makes me cheap, lazy or just reckless...

• Like 1

I don't, but my grandma used to take the ketchup/mustard packets from fast food places at the condiment bar for home. She also took ALL the sugar/splenda packets whenever we'd go out to eat and put them in her purse.

Contact lenses- Buy 6 months supply of daily contacts, use each pair for at least 2 months.

Been doing it for the best part of a decade, as long as you keep your solution clean they're fine. No different what-so-ever from the monthly ones!

More cigar money that way too biggrin.png

x2!

When I was in high school i blew the relay in my car that earthed my brake lights so that when I put my foot on the brake the lights didnt come on.

I climbed under the dash one Saturday and fed the relay wire up to beside my steering wheel. All I had to do was touch this wire and that would complete the earth and my brake lights would come on.

I did it so I had brake lights to drive to the hardware store to buy a new relay for around 50c.

The store didn't have the relay I needed so I ordered it and kept driving the car around like that until it arrived in stock.

After about 8 months I realised i hadn't picked up the relay yet.

I went back to the hardware store and found the guy I ordered it from.

He looked at me and said "seriously dude!? This thing costs 45c, you could have had the thing for free when it arrived but we've since thrown it out!"

I got back in the car and continued to drive it around like that for another 6 months until I could afford a new car.

It was a pretty handy feature for tail gaters

I'm not sure if this story makes me cheap, lazy or just reckless...

Probably all three! lol3.gif

When traveling I have refilled fast food soft drinks at another location in another city. The machine is in the lobby.