What is the cheapest thing that you do....c'mon, admit it.

OK. I have this thing where when I go to a fast food restaurant, I'll take extra napkins. I stash them in my glove compartment that way I have napkins to use in the car.

My wife rolls her eyes when I do that. LOL.

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I smoke most of my cigars until the finger-burning end.

I reload my own ammo.

I make ice in trays the fridge came with rather than shelling out the $2.50 for a bag of it

I've been in a hotel for the past 3 nights. I really liked the smell of the little shampoos and stuff they put in the room, so each day I've take the full mini bottles and put them in my luggage so they'll replenish my stash each morning so I can get more!

OK. I have this thing where when I go to a fast food restaurant, I'll take extra napkins. I stash them in my glove compartment that way I have napkins to use in the car.

I always do this and make sure I take an irresponsible amount too.

Also, I always try to negotiate a price on anything and more often than not, it works

I've been in a hotel for the past 3 nights. I really liked the smell of the little shampoos and stuff they put in the room, so each day I've take the full mini bottles and put them in my luggage so they'll replenish my stash each morning so I can get more!

I do this but also hit up the cart when they're cleaning rooms. Mostly it's for extra coffee or creamers. I also replace the snacks from my mini-bar from the super market sometimes. Lol I'm a cheapass.

BUT I've heard stories from Flight Attendants that they have made in-room meals using hot water from the coffee machine for instant noodles and even used an iron for grilled cheese sandwiches (this seems like an urban legend tho).

I also advocate filling 3oz travel size spirit bottles with your favourite spirit when headed out to somewhere pricey. Simply refill or top up your drink!

Contact lenses- Buy 6 months supply of daily contacts, use each pair for at least 2 months.

Been doing it for the best part of a decade, as long as you keep your solution clean they're fine. No different what-so-ever from the monthly ones!

More cigar money that way too biggrin.png

I wear the same pair of contact lens 24/7 for about a month. Sleep in them. Only take them out to put in a fresh pair. Been doing this for years. I have annual eye exams and my doctor finds no side effects. Makes a box of lens last about a year.

Contact lenses- Buy 6 months supply of daily contacts, use each pair for at least 2 months.

Been doing it for the best part of a decade, as long as you keep your solution clean they're fine. No different what-so-ever from the monthly ones!

Hahahah i do this too!

I guess i live my entire life in cheap mode. More minimalist i would call it. I only have three shirts, one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, one jacket and one pair of shoes. My entire wardrobe/toiletries fits in a small 30L backpack and weighs 4.5 kilos. When i travel it's all carry on which makes it mighty convenient.

Hahahah i do this too!

I guess i live my entire life in cheap mode. More minimalist i would call it. I only have three shirts, one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, one jacket and one pair of shoes. My entire wardrobe/toiletries fits in a small 30L backpack and weighs 4.5 kilos. When i travel it's all carry on which makes it mighty convenient.

Ditto!

My cigars take up more space than my clothes!

I wear the same pair of contact lens 24/7 for about a month. Sleep in them. Only take them out to put in a fresh pair. Been doing this for years. I have annual eye exams and my doctor finds no side effects. Makes a box of lens last about a year.

Ditto....I do this too...well, I don't sleep with them but I do make them last for a month.

E

That's funny! My wife does that and I roll my eyes at her!

More often than not, when I get cigars in the mail from a vendor or a friend, they come with a Bovida pack in them. I have a tupperware container that I keep all my Bovida packs in....with a small synthetic sponge that I keep moist with distilled water. Not only will it keep them for months (years?) but if they are starting to dry out, it rejuvenates them and they 'fill' back up just fine.

Every time I ship cigars I always double bag them with a Bovida in the outer bag. And, I always have plenty of packs for my travel humidor. And I've never bought a single Bovida....ok.gif

Threaten to leave my cable company so they discount my rate for several months

Consult youtube for repairs rather than a repair man

Hit every gym in town for a free week pass before joining one.

Keep a Starbucks paper coffee cup in my vehicle, Walk in and ask for a refill when they are busy for $.50 rather than paying nearly $5, rinse it on the way out rather than than toss it.

Swipe products on my bar code scanner app on the smartphone to check local prices and internet.

Buy lots of stuff from amazon simple for cheaper price on shipping and taxes.

• Like 3

One of my co-worker's boyfriends saw me do just that (only into my purse which I carried at the time) and asked me, "Why do y'all do that?" He meant us women. He continued, "Everytime y'all women are at a restaurant y'all always take a lot of napkins...why?" And I explained the many uses for emergencies, spills, sometimes going to the bathroom and there's no T.P. (terlett paper, y'all), a variety of things! I'm happy to see some fellas participating in the affair. One comedian of long time ago talked about the quality of the swanky hotel's towels where he was staying. He remarked, "They're so big and full you can barely get the suitcase closed!" My mom, in her younger knock-out days worked at Louisville's famed Joe's Palm Room as a cocktail waitress. The stirrers of which there were plenty of just had engraved on them, "Stolen From Joe's Palm Room!"

Consult youtube for repairs rather than a repair man

Hit every gym in town for a free week pass before joining one.

Keep a Starbucks paper coffee cup in my vehicle, Walk in and ask for a refill when they are busy for $.50 rather than paying nearly $5, rinse it on the way out rather than than toss it.

Swipe products on my bar code scanner app on the smartphone to check local prices and internet.

Buy lots of stuff from amazon simple for cheaper price on shipping and taxes.

We have a winner! Well done sir lol

• Like 1

*Tee hee - me too! wink2.gif

I also go and have the clerk at cologne boutiques show me colognes and give me testers, then I go order the full size online.

Id like to support the local business, but when a cologne is $340 for 4oz in stores and $140 online, it's hard to not justify.

I also go and have the clerk at cologne boutiques show me colognes and give me testers, then I go order the full size online.

Id like to support the local business, but when a cologne is $340 for 4oz in stores and $140 online, it's hard to not justify.

Spend $140 on cologne? You just lost your cheapskate card :P

• Like 2

Agreed, I skimp on some stuff but I avoid cheap poorly built products that you wind up replacing for more than if you just bought the good one.

Almost forgot. When I was much younger and Walmart had their "No questions asked and no receipt necessary policy" We used to do stuff like go buy Skill Saws on sale for $25 at Ace Hardware and take them to Walmart for full return of their $45 price tag for beer money.