Who here has double dipped on a cigar?

...come-on admit it. You have thoruoughly enjoyed a cigar...loved it...put it down into the ashtray at the band. You can't forget it......you can't resist.....you delved back in, brush off the ash and relight it. lol3.gif

Did it twice today. Not entirely my fault as my 9 month old daughter was the root cause of having to put them down. She is well worth it though so no hard feelings. The cigars rather required it though. A Behike 54 and a Partagas Lusi. Just couldn't let them suffer smoldering like that.

I've gone even lower innocent.gif

I've picked up the last third of a Boli PC left by a friend I gave one to who is only a novice smoker, and finished his off after finishing mine.

• Like 1

Not often but I usually just grab another if it was that good!

Give it a couple of shakes to clear off the ash and fire up that bad boy.....smile.png

i go even further and get the cutter to cut until i can't see black anymore (on the cigar, naturally)

in fact, that's the only thing i use my wallet guillotine for. i punch cut only nowadays!

Ha! That's hard core! I've certainly re-lit plenty of times, but have yet to resurrect a dead soldier. Probably that day is coming though . . . long trip . . . stash running low . . . only one smoke of a particular box instead of two or three spares . . . :cigar:

Kind of reminds me of that thread about Che's cigars that someone else posted here.

Of course..... I've clipped off the hot bits and put a cigar into my pocket and relit it later.... There are rules to doing this for me, like, the relight has to occur within 45 minutes.....

I got half way through a Siglo 4 and was asked to leave a smoking area. I purged it by blowing through it ,cut it back to clean tobacco and re-tubed it. Fired it up half and hour later and it tasted like a wet ashtray and had to be launched. Now I never halt a Cubans combustion and never re-birth a Puro.

I've gone even lower innocent.gif

I've picked up the last third of a Boli PC left by a friend I gave one to who is only a novice smoker, and finished his off after finishing mine.

X2 different cigar but the same story.

I got half way through a Siglo 4 and was asked to leave a smoking area. I purged it by blowing through it ,cut it back to clean tobacco and re-tubed it. Fired it up half and hour later and it tasted like a wet ashtray and had to be launched. Now I never halt a Cubans combustion and never re-birth a Puro.

Asked to leave the smoking area because of the cigar or was your behaviour not being acceptable to those with a gentle disposition? :D

Asked to leave the smoking area because of the cigar or was your behaviour not being acceptable to those with a gentle disposition? biggrin.png

Yeah! That sounds like a story . . . do tell! ;-)

I purged it by blowing through it ,cut it back to clean tobacco and re-tubed it. Fired it up half and hour later and it tasted like a wet ashtray and had to be launched. Now I never halt a Cubans combustion and never re-birth a Puro.

It tasted bad because you retubed it.

• Like 1

I toss them if I don't relight it five minutes of it going out. People say they it's fine to cut it back and relight it within 24hrs. I'll have to take their word for it. Each time I started to relight one, it just didn't taste enjoyable or appealing so I just put them out and light a new stick. Maybe it's a flashback of being a former cigarette smoker who has lit butts out of the ashtray when desperate. I don't need a fix like I did with Cigs.

I toss them if I don't relight it five minutes of it going out. People say they it's fine to cut it back and relight it within 24hrs. I'll have to take their word for it. Each time I started to relight one, it just didn't taste enjoyable or appealing so I just put them out and light a new stick. Maybe it's a flashback of being a former cigarette smoker who has lit butts out of the ashtray when desperate. I don't need a fix like I did with Cigs.

Salute Fos..I commend you on quitting those things and now can truly appreciate a cigar. I was once a cigarette smoker myself, never a pack a day type, but I do remember having poor cigar etiquette becUse all I wanted to do while puffing was smoke a cigarette because I wasn't inhaling the cigar smoke. This was years ago mind you, but I can appreciate a quitter.

Now onto the question, I was always taught very young, a cigar is never done until those fingers are starting to burn.. Smoking this way for quite a while, and can honestly say I don't recall ever relighting my own "put-out" cigar..I have, on the other hand, re-lit a few of my brothers that he never seems to finish, rookie...

Maybe 15 or 20 years ago I have done it. I would give a few friends a Cohiba Robusto at a party and later would notice there were 2 that had maybe been smoked a quarter of the way down and left! Needless to say they never got another CORU, but I did grab the cigars they left and either smoked them there or cut them and bought them home to smoke later.

Now I mainly smoke at my house or a cigar bar and smoke every cigar down to the nub. Guess I am a nicotine fiend or don't have the distractions that would make me have to put it down and walk away.

• Like 1

Not sure why this is a question. Are we not supposed to relite? I probably do it with 50% of my smokes. Is it as good as the original lighting? No, but hey, I'm not going to dump out my beer after going to take a pee either!

I only relight within a few minutes - I'd rather lick an ashtray than relight a smoke that's been sitting for an hour or more...