Who here has double dipped on a cigar?

I only relight within a few minutes - I'd rather lick an ashtray than relight a smoke that's been sitting for an hour or more...

You'd be surprised... I often relight a DC or churchill the day after, if I can't finish it for some reason. But,

- it doesn't work with young cigars

- you can put the cigar in a tube or a ziplock, but without closing it (otherwise the smell will impregnate the cigar)

- when you relight, expel the 2-3 first puffs quickly without tasting them, then purge the cigar…

- if you don't get a decent taste after a few puffs, bin it!

• Like 1

I do it all the time. Living In MN my smoke time will sometimes get cut short.I will go back to it the next day.Never lite it in my mouth.Allways cut off the black,torch and blow stile relit. Then start smoking.

You'd be surprised... I often relight a DC or churchill the day after, if I can't finish it for some reason. But,

- it doesn't work with young cigars

- you can put the cigar in a tube or a ziplock, but without closing it (otherwise the smell will impregnate the cigar)

- when you relight, expel the 2-3 first puffs quickly without tasting them, then purge the cigar…

- if you don't get a decent taste after a few puffs, bin it!

Curious!

How much, if anything, do you cut off, before you re-light?

Asked to leave the smoking area because of the cigar or was your behaviour not being acceptable to those with a gentle disposition? :D

On average I fail to get through a session in Melbourne unless in our handful of cigar lounges. Individuals and groups tend to always complain and I then make a choice that I will leave under my own steam or with the assistance of management and his helpful Samoan friends. This choice is sometimes made for me depending on the specific directional advice I give and choice of possible self relationship these people are free to engage in. Only the old school smokers are cool with cigars. I have even left a venue that had a number of weed smokers on the rooftop because some hipsters didn't like the smell. And was also asked what I was smoking at a private function in Shane Warnes venue at Crown(a cigar lounge) as others thought it smelt strong. It's a city that isn't as cool as what it use to be.

Guys, everybody relights. I don't think El Pres is asking about cigars you relit, he's asking about cigars that you smoked to the end and put out before it got embarrassingly short, but loved the smoke so much that you went grubbing in the ash tray to fire the stump

and to hell if it looked like you were sucking on a roach of a nub. :P

You know, the kind of behavior that would have 'ol Zino rolling in his grave! :D

I am totally guilty of this! I smoke a lot in my shop. I am not in my shop to smoke, but to build humidor kits, or something else!

I also like dry cigars and Isla PigFish is a dry environment. If I am in the mood for a lonsdale, I smoke a lonsdale. If the need comes, I put it down…

I am pretty objective when it comes to cigar taste. I mean if it sucks, I won't smoke it, time is too short for bad cigars. But if it is good I will go right back at it. I have smoked cigars that I have left in my shop for days… It is a badge of courage with me!

No rats are kissing my cigars while they are waiting for me to return. Like SC says, the first puff or two is a little like charcoal. Once that burns off, you are right back to smoking the same great cigar you were forced to leave yesterday… or in my case a few days ago.

I don't care if it is categorized by tight-butts as classless! I have never really cared what tightasses think! I wear a Harley hat and suspenders, a 4 day beard and look like a hillbilly most of the time anyway! While I won't eat cold French fries, I will eat cold pizza and chicken, and have no problem relighting a cold cigar!!!

Piggy, the recycler!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I'm smoking one and it goes out, I'll re-light it. But rarely do I ever try to resurrect one that's past its 2/3 point or has been sitting idle for awhile. Yucko!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If it was a gem and it's less that a hour old. I'll knock off all the ash ,heat it up real good and take 3 or 4 puffs. If its still bitey and harsh I'm done.

• Like 1